Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
This morning, I really didn't have anything to do because of COVID-19 cancelling everything AND because it was raining outside. So, I decided to draw, and it was so much fun! This semester I'm taking an art class (which focuses on drawing and painting) and it's one of my favorite classes this year.

But to tell you the truth, I'm an amateur at drawing. I took a art class last semester, and paired with this semester's art class, those are the only art classes I've ever taken in my life. When I took that first art class I realized that I absolutely LOVED art, and I wanted to improve and get better at drawing. What I'm basically saying is that my drawings may be on the trashy side at first, but if I draw everyday and stay committed, then I can become a better artist!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or critiques about my art, don't be afraid to shout out your opinion! Especially criticism from pro artists who have more experience than me. I will accept the comments gladly and I will try to improve every step of the way.

Now, the artwork:

WIN_20200315_11_36_51_Pro.jpg

I referenced a photo of this kitten. (Photo is on the top of the picture):

WIN_20200315_11_37_05_Pro.jpg

My next drawing will be a dog, which will be coming soon!

- CatsLoveRainbows

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
I saw the word kitten and I clicked.
I LOVE - I will also tell you how to improve:
PS: I'm not very good at explaining.

Line out the reference picture, Make a few lines upwards and sideways.
Don't be afraid to measure them out and make points where they connect.

As you can see, it is lined out so that you can draw it as close as the reference - although mine is still slightly off.
kd2pbPb.jpg

I can't give more advice since I too started art class last year but hit me up if you want to know more!

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
I saw the word kitten and I clicked.
I LOVE - I will also tell you how to improve:
PS: I'm not very good at explaining.

Line out the reference picture, Make a few lines upwards and sideways.
Don't be afraid to measure them out and make points where they connect.

As you can see, it is lined out so that you can draw it as close as the reference - although mine is still slightly off.
kd2pbPb.jpg

I can't give more advice since I too started art class last year but hit me up if you want to know more!

Thank you so much for the advice! When I was drawing the kitten, I was mostly guessing where most of the lines were and I was trying to reference the drawing as best I could. I realize now that reference lines would've been very helpful and I wouldn't have to focus so much on putting pencil marks in the right place, but I could instead focus on other elements of the drawing. Sometime soon I can try to draw the cat again but with the reference lines instead of without, and then I can compare the two drawings afterward! :D

Thanks again! :)

I love this, it looks so good. How much time did it take you to draw this?

It took me about 1.5 hours. Most of that time it was pretty fun, and since it wasn't a project for art class, I could relax and take my time.

Reactions: zRinne

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Thank you so much for the advice! When I was drawing the kitten, I was mostly guessing where most of the lines were and I was trying to reference the drawing as best I could. I realize now that reference lines would've been very helpful and I wouldn't have to focus so much on putting pencil marks in the right place, but I could instead focus on other elements of the drawing. Sometime soon I can try to draw the cat again but with the reference lines instead of without, and then I can compare the two drawings afterward! :D

Thanks again! :)

It took me about 1.5 hours. Most of that time it was pretty fun, and since it wasn't a project for art class, I could relax and take my time.

It's really good for starters! Keep it up, I can't wait to see more.
(Hopefully more cats)

Reactions: CatsLoveRainbows
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom