Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

☩Mgoz☩

Nov 15, 2015
Whenever somebody has an idea for a new gamemode or change to the server, usually it is turned down due to the idea being 'too similar' to another servers gamemode or idea. Why I am confused at this mindset is because Hypixel have just released bedwars, which is literally a carbon copy of eggwars, and even sounds exactly the same! The point that I am trying to make is that gamemode ideas should not be freely turned down due to similarity to other servers, and that other servers should be seen as inspiration for making new gamemodes.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Whenever somebody has an idea for a new gamemode or change to the server, usually it is turned down due to the idea being 'too similar' to another servers gamemode or idea. Why I am confused at this mindset is because Hypixel have just released bedwars, which is literally a carbon copy of eggwars, and even sounds exactly the same! The point that I am trying to make is that gamemode ideas should not be freely turned down due to similarity to other servers, and that other servers should be seen as inspiration for making new gamemodes.
Why is this in server suggestions?

Also hypixels bedwars is a parody that only copies a few things because it cant really be changed, but the "eggwars" on mc origins is a cheap scam version basically exactly what we have but different maps and a bad setup

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
its only partially copying eggwars. However its blatanly copying The original bedwars from GommeHD

Reactions: Earth

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

The reason they are turned down is because Cubecraft is looking for originality to really stand out from the crowd. If a game is too similiar to another on a different server, it won't be enough to draw new players here who may already have that kind of game on their current server. You brought up a good example - I'm not about to leave Cubecraft and join HyPixel just because they brought out Bedwars, as we already have Eggwars which I will assume is way more developed and fun to play than their version.

I myself have suggested a couple games before that people have commented on saying, 'Isn't this just a copy of so-and-so from blah-blah-blah's server?'. To which I always respond: A) I never copied anything from anyone and any resemblance is entirey coincidental and B) This version is WAAAY different to the version you mentioned, so it's still a new concept.

I agree that people should give new game suggestions a chance before they rush to comment 'NO ITS A COPY >:CCCCC', because it does get pretty annoying after you spent a great deal of time trying to develop and polish the idea so it's something new and interesting... but hey ho.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
cough Survivalgames cough
True, but with survival games they added in World Events like Thunderstorms and whatnot to keep the game a little bit different than most other versions. I mean yeah sure, the World Events don't exactly work 100% right now, but my point still stands xD

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
cough Survivalgames cough
skywars, UHC, skyblock, creative, spleef, hide n seek, super craft bros, quake craft, paintball, TNT run.

c5a3ba1f20618a682255c21f8160d97f.png

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
skywars, UHC, skyblock, creative, spleef, hide n seek, super craft bros, quake craft, paintball, TNT run.

c5a3ba1f20618a682255c21f8160d97f.png
Alright I give up xD I legit cannot be bothered thinking up reasons why those games are more unique than the rest so fine, you win.

The second part of my first reply still has a point though, so y'know. Just read that...

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
1: some of the reasons are because they would be to hard for the current Dev team to do in a certain amount of time
2: they want to be able to do something that no one has ever done no other server has come up with yes there is them Skywars and stuff but nowadays this server can be much more then just Eggwars and stuff so why not add something completely new that CubeCraft can call theirs other then Eggwars (if i remember right CubeCraft came up with Eggwars correct me if im wrong)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
1: some of the reasons are because they would be to hard for the current Dev team to do in a certain amount of time
2: they want to be able to do something that no one has ever done no other server has come up with yes there is them Skywars and stuff but nowadays this server can be much more then just Eggwars and stuff so why not add something completely new that CubeCraft can call theirs other then Eggwars (if i remember right CubeCraft came up with Eggwars correct me if im wrong)

You are correct no need to be edited and that is pretty much a sum of my opinion

Reactions: KidBit

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Not only Hypixel has got BedWars, also GommeHD (or something like that, don't know the name exactly) has got it. But yeah, it is a copy of EggWars. I agree with you on that.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rocks1 wrote on Ivaann's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on Ivaann's profile.
happy birthday! 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on _DrStrange_'s profile.
Happy Birthday I hope you have an awesome day today!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ivaann's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom