Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
In my opinion, OP mode in EggWars isn't fun at all. The armor is far too strong, making battles drag on far too long and making Knockback the only option. This isn't helped by the fact that there are double and triple health modes. The swords are far too weak compared to the armor, especially when you take the price of Golden Apples and Enchanted Golden Apples into effect. Players become unkillable. The items should still feel overpowered, however, but there needs to be a middle-ground so that the game is fun for everyone.

To start off, the armors' protection should be toned down. Leather should have Prot. II, Chain with Prot. III, and Iron/Diamond with Prot. V. This makes early battles last a shorter time (as it should be). Secondly, the price of Golden Apples should increase to 2 gold, with the price in normal mode being 4 gold. They are too cheap for how good they are, and can be easily spammed without putting much of a dent on resources. The price on Enchanted Golden Apples should also be increased to 16 in OP, but stay the same in default.

Another change that should be made is that there should be a Tier 5 Axe, similar to the sword. The sword's price would be reduced to 48 diamonds (to make it more accessible to deal with the insane amounts of armor) with the axe costing 64 diamonds.

These changes would make the gameplay of OP feel a bit less sluggish but still keep the "I'm unkillable!" vibe. Please leave feedback.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
In my opinion, OP mode in EggWars isn't fun at all. The armor is far too strong, making battles drag on far too long and making Knockback the only option. This isn't helped by the fact that there are double and triple health modes. The swords are far too weak compared to the armor, especially when you take the price of Golden Apples and Enchanted Golden Apples into effect. Players become unkillable. The items should still feel overpowered, however, but there needs to be a middle-ground so that the game is fun for everyone.

To start off, the armors' protection should be toned down. Leather should have Prot. II, Chain with Prot. III, and Iron/Diamond with Prot. V. This makes early battles last a shorter time (as it should be). Secondly, the price of Golden Apples should increase to 2 gold, with the price in normal mode being 4 gold. They are too cheap for how good they are, and can be easily spammed without putting much of a dent on resources. The price on Enchanted Golden Apples should also be increased to 16 in OP, but stay the same in default.

Another change that should be made is that there should be a Tier 5 Axe, similar to the sword. The sword's price would be reduced to 48 diamonds (to make it more accessible to deal with the insane amounts of armor) with the axe costing 64 diamonds.

These changes would make the gameplay of OP feel a bit less sluggish but still keep the "I'm unkillable!" vibe. Please leave feedback.
I agree with all of this....Well done Sir!

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
In my opinion, OP mode in EggWars isn't fun at all. The armor is far too strong, making battles drag on far too long and making Knockback the only option.
Why do you think its called overpowered mode?
Enchanted Golden Apples into effect.
worthless garbage after 1.9
in case you didnt know fisting and punch bows have a huge advantage here also a sharp 5 or even a sharp 2 diamond sword can shred through armor like its nothing in 1.8 and in 1.9 if you dont have the full set of the armor type so your severly underestimating op mode, i just finished today a op mode game that took 30 min despite everyone having diamond armor and triple layered obbyed eggs

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Why do you think its called overpowered mode?

worthless garbage after 1.9

in case you didnt know fisting and punch bows have a huge advantage here also a sharp 5 or even a sharp 2 diamond sword can shred through armor like its nothing in 1.8 and in 1.9 if you dont have the full set of the armor type so your severly underestimating op mode, i just finished today a op mode game that took 30 min despite everyone having diamond armor and triple layered obbyed eggs

Overpowered mode should be Overpowered but it shouldn't be Overboring.

Also, I realize that punch bows are good in this mode, but with proper procedures (ex bridges with walls) they aren't a problem at all.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
Overpowered mode should be Overpowered but it shouldn't be Overboring.

Also, I realize that punch bows are good in this mode, but with proper procedures (ex bridges with walls) they aren't a problem at all.

Normal - Not too fast, not too slow
Hardcore - Should be a fast paced game
Overpowered - Really powerful items and makes game slower

With that in mind, swords that are powerful can shred through armor (no unbreaking, just protection) like Spyro said, and enderpearls are made to prevent camping and taking hours to complete.

a7medgaming

Dec 5, 2016

ya they should add sharp 7 sword or more

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Normal - Not too fast, not too slow
Hardcore - Should be a fast paced game
Overpowered - Really powerful items and makes game slower

With that in mind, swords that are powerful can shred through armor (no unbreaking, just protection) like Spyro said, and enderpearls are made to prevent camping and taking hours to complete.
I wouldn't say needing to hit someone in full diamond ~350ish times (or even iron's ~150ish) would be considered "shredding". Although enderpearls were a very needed addition (and would be kind of nice in normal too)

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I do agree with the change of the protection enchantment of the armour.
I don't agree with the change of the price of Golden Apples.
I don't use axes so I don't care about that one.
I agree with the lower price of the Diamond sword (Sharpness V).
I don't use axes so I don't care about the price of that one.

That was all from me.

Jan 25, 2017

U are right! The OP games take too much time.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I'd prefer one of four options:

A. Keep it the way it is and choose a small map.
B. Nerf armor to protection 3 flat.
C. Have the armor levels decrease after the first purchase.
D. Have the armor be Level 5 Leather, Level 4 Chain, Level 3 Iron+

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
making battles drag on far too long and making Knockback the only option.
To be completely fair i used to be a HUGE bowspammer in OP mode because of my first impression that was made many months ago when OP was first released, "Normal PVP in OP never ends" which turned out to be a lie. Which is probably mostly because i used an Axe and the attack speed being bad and me missing some hits made that impression
I personally suggest getting a sword because of the fast attack speed and could do a lot of damage to players even in full diamond prot V IF you get good hits and crits
For golden/god apples just get a few good hits with crits and it would make it useless and you might get to gain 1 extra hit because your enemy is too distracted eating, but if it had to be some sort of debuff i remember seeing a suggestion on making something like "Golden Apple Sickness" which is way better TBH then increasing the price
Knockback will be in all gamemodes of eggwars but think of it another major aspect of the game, you can either do it with regular Pvp, Use a bow, or try and knock them off, and a few other methods, but nonetheless they're all methods of killing people. Some methods are just easier to pull off then others

Secondly, the price of Golden Apples should increase to 2 gold, with the price in normal mode being 4 gold. They are too cheap for how good they are, and can be easily spammed without putting much of a dent on resources. The price on Enchanted Golden Apples should also be increased to 16 in OP, but stay the same in default.
I don't really agree to this, i mean yes people will just be able to buy nearly half the amount they usually get with the gold/diamonds they have but it won't stop people from buying it and i think this will just make the games longer
I am okay with this, as long as it isn't considered BROKEN, maybe someone can do damage calculations if it were to be added
To start off, the armors' protection should be toned down. Leather should have Prot. II, Chain with Prot. III, and Iron/Diamond with Prot. V.
I think 2 things, either sharpness gets raised to III on all weapons that currently have sharpness II OR all Prot on armor gets reduced to IV to balance with the sharp II
but then again MC has changed in 1.8 & 1.9 with PvP a lot, in 1.8 Sharp II balances with Prot V and can easily destroy players but on 1.9 Sharp II hardly damages the player with just regular hits if they equipped the Prot V armor
and i believe if 1.9 gets a change so will 1.8 with the same features but i hope not

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
I only play hardcore because I belive OP go on for to long because of how easy it is to get obby BUT alot of people Like this concept so I don't think it should be changed if you belive it's to Op then play a diffrent mode like Normal or my personal favorite Hardcore

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
I only play hardcore because I belive OP go on for to long because of how easy it is to get obby BUT alot of people Like this concept so I don't think it should be changed if you belive it's to Op then play a diffrent mode like Normal or my personal favorite Hardcore
Pay 50$ now to play the gamemode you want!!!111!

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to add a knockback weapon.
Honestly, a KB diamond sword for 32(?) diamonds would be awesome. Even just KB 1.

I don't agree with all of this :cool::cube_light:
Thanks for your helpful contribution to this thread, you really inspired me to improve my idea.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com

On the first one: This would delete the point of OP. On the second one: Yes to the axe, but is would cost more then that, and no to the sword lowering price.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom