Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
How to make a good suggestion thread..
So, you have this amazing idea that you know will make cubecraft a better place? Or simply a little fix, or addition that would make the game easier for you?

Problem is, you don't know how to get your idea across...

I have made here a thread that will help you structure your suggestion and guide you into making a clear suggestion that everyone can read and will be incited to comment on.

Don't be afraid of comments and criticisms as they are nothing but feedback to your suggestion, very important feedback that can give you a new insight into what you are suggesting.
Suggesting here is an opportunity to have a different view on your suggestion that you may have missed, and will only help you improve upon that suggestion and step towards the suggestion being successful.

First things first :
Before making the suggestion:
Make sure that there aren't any already existing threads on the topic:

DutchLemur:
"First of all, try to research if there isn't a similar thread to the suggestion you want to create.
If no one else has posted a similar idea recently, feel free to create a new suggestion thread. Please be as detailed as possible! This gives the suggestion a higher chance to get added on the server/forum."
If the suggestion already exists, give feedback on the already existing suggestion:
Avoid posting on threads older than 2 weeks, and if your version of the suggestion is completely different than an already existing one, make a new suggestion and say how your version is different to others.

DutchLemur :
"First of all, try to research if there isn't a similar thread to the suggestion you want to create. If there is a suggestion thread similar to your suggestion, please give feedback on that suggestion instead of making a new suggestion.
When commenting on a suggestion, please be detailed as possible, give feedback and let them know what's good about it and what not.
An example of good feedback: Nice suggestion, there are some things that could make it better though. For example: Removing that type of gadget would be better as it can create huge lag. I made a similar gadget that doesn't create lag.
An example of bad feedback: I don't like this idea."
Macs post :
So you have an idea to help make CubeCraft even better than it is? Well lets make sure you make your thread as effectively as possible!

Before posting your suggestion, make sure to search to make sure someone hasn't already posted a similar idea. If they have it is usually better to contribute your feedback by replying to an existing idea so that discussion may be furthered there.

When commenting on a suggestion, try to provide constructive feedback. If you don't like an idea, state why, don't just say "Bad idea -1".

If no one else has posted a similar idea recently, feel free to create a thread. Try to keep your suggestion plausible, fitting and as detailed as possible.

Examples of bad suggestions-
"Add a new game"
"Make new maps for EggWars"
"Add a new kit"
"Fly the entire community to the moon"

Structure your suggestion :
A structured suggestion is easy on the eyes and can get a lot more information across, structuring your suggestion is highly recommended.
A clear and easy to read suggestion is a successfull suggestion, when clearly presented, even the worst and best suggestions will give you feedback on how to improve upon them.
Make a Title
- Make a title that describes as briefly as possible the main idea behind your suggestion
- Users need to grasp the main idea of your suggestion by reading the title, this is probably the most important part of the suggestion.
Introduce your idea to the world
- A brief description of your suggestion.
- A good length would be 1 to 4 lines.
Present your suggestion
If you are presenting a new minigame, this is where you describe the details and the rules of your game, if you are suggesting features this is where you list them out and explain how they work in as much detail as possible.

It is important not to make this one big block of text as people would just skip it.
So it is very important to make it readable :
- Structure your suggestion.
- Make titles and paragraphs, divide your suggestion into different sections (see example)
- Don't hesitate to use colours, don't overuse the colours or other formatting though.
- Use spoilers when you want to go into specific details about one item, so it doesn't take up the whole thread, people also have the choice to read those specifics if they chose to.
- Use indentations, giving people the choice to go into details or not is important, put the most important information closer to the left and the specifics closer to the right
- Use spaces, when you move from one point to the other add a line break between them as people would skip the whole paragraph if they get bored of the first two lines.
- Try and anticipate questions that users will be asking about your suggestion and answer them before hand, this could include :
- What is it?
- What does it do?
- Why is it needed?
- What problems does it fix?
- Why is that feature like that and not like this?
Add additional information
This could include :
- Problems that may arise from your suggestion.
- Possible extra features that could be added to the suggestion.​
This is useful to add items to your suggestion that would get other people to deny the whole suggestion, items that not everyone would agree upon.
- A list of your sources, if you where inspired by other suggestions.
Make the suggestion post appealing
- Make your post readable and not too hard on the eyes, this means avoid using caps lock, vivid colours or the underline, or bold and italics at the same time.
- Optionally, illustrate your suggestion with videos and images to further get your idea across.
- Add a friendly message at the end inciting users to reply and react to your suggestion.​
Since it was asked for, here is a template to be used if needed :
Title :

Introduce your idea :

Present your suggestion :

Optional questions :
- What is it?
- What does it do?
- Why is it needed?
- What problems does it fix?
- Why is that feature like that and not like this?

Additional information :

Checks :
- Grammar
- Punctuation
- Formatting
- Well presented
- Easy to read
(The use of colours is used here to differentiate the different sections of the suggestion.)
Add money walls to CubeCraft
I would like to present a game called Money walls, a pvp based game that pits different teams of players against one another.
Goal of the game
The goal of the game I am suggesting is...
Gameplay
Beginning of the game: ...
After the timer ends: ...
Ways to achieve the goal and how the game ends: ...
Rules
List of rules that apply to this game.
  1. Rule 1
  2. Rule 2
  3. Rule 3
Layout
The map is divided into 4 sections, each section has different elements :
Element 1: The wither king
Additional info about him that might have been skipped in the explanation of the gameplay.
Element 2: The generators
The setup of the generators, spawn rates etc... any additional info
Element 3: The villagers
Eventual insight on the trades these villagers have amongst other additional information
Additional Information
This game has been removed from cubecraft for these reasons (states reasons) but I believe it's a very missed game and would like to welcome it back to the server.

(fake suggestion)
[Fix] Balance the samouri kit in blockwars
I have recently noticed that every user has been using this kit above all others and I feel that there needs to be a fix as this kit seems to be pretty overpowered.
The reasons I think it is overpowered are that the mushroom kit is completely dominates the mushroom kit which has become obsolete because of the strong knockback in this kit. It still hold up well against the archer.
My Solutions to fix this problem:

1: Reduce the knockback on the sword to knockback 1 and remove the speed potion effect attributed to the kit.
> This would greatly reduce the difference in power between this kit and the mushroom kit but keep it balanced against the archer.
2: Add haste 1 to the guardian kit as this would allow him to mine blocks faster.
> This would allow this kit to be like this as opposed to all the other existing ones.

I prefer the first option as the second would create an imbalance between the mushroom kit and the carrot kit.
I am open to hear from you guys how you could help balance out these kits or your reasons why you think they are balanced.

Add Tags!

Tags allow us to search and find your thread when looking for suggestions related to a certain topic, they increase the threads visibility during these searches and improve the chances of the suggestion being implemented.
Example tags: "vanity", "skywars", "forums", "hats", "eggwars", "kits", "boots", etc...

Most importantly; respect the forum rules:
(Updated here)

OFFICIAL FORUM RULES

1- Do not advertise (Includes but not limited to: Online/Offline Products, other servers or games, server addresses, phishing sites etc).

2- Posting YouTube videos is allowed only if they are appropriate and relevant (Media: YouTube).

3- Do not use swear (curse) words. Acronyms are allowed as long as they are not targeted towards a user.

4- Do not speak to other players in an offensive, racist, homophobic or sexist manner and respect all users.

5- No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 2 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived (does not include forum games or news threads).

6- Do not argue with/harass staff and obey their warnings.

7- Do not use alternative accounts to bypass a punishment.

8- DoS (Denial of Service) or DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks or threats thereof are not tolerated within our community.

9- Do not make threads or post comments asking when given updates, features, projects and maintenance are released.

10- Do not make threads or post comments with petitions.

11- Do post threads in their relevant section (e.g. Player reports at "Report a Player").

12- Do not spam tags (e.g. @Tacosbefriends ), as it notifies the person you are tagging.

13- Do not "like farm" or "post farm". Anyone caught doing so will be warned. If you continue, your main account will be banned along side any alts.

14 - No inappropriate usernames and/or profile pictures.

15 - No pointless threads or posts.

How to use BBcode on the forums.
Code:
Bold: [b]bolded text[/b]
Italics: [i]Italicized text[/i]
Underline: [u]underlined text[/u]
Strikethrough: [s]strikethrough text[/s]
Code block: [code]monospaced text [ /code]
Centered text: [center] Centered text [/center]
Lists:
        [list]
        [*]Entry 1
        [*]Entry 2
        [/list]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom