Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 204478

This thread was made for the people who struggle to install shaders for their Minecraft.
So, you want to know how to install shaders?
Well, here you go...

Step one: Download the shaders that you would like to have.

We'll use this shader pack for example. http://shadersmods.com/continuum-shaders-mod/
e1c960edb77642a5a599283c5d38ce9a.png

Click on the site and find the download link on the page, and click it.

c4f5c7e536a34dc4b89d4ac16f99af93.png

Step 2: Drag the file to your desktop.
64b22f77ab87498cb6aaaa821989d422.png

b5d9488b0404465eb0c5012e6147560b.png

Step 3: Finding the correct folder.
First of all, press the windows button, and type in %appdata%.
93378aaaafec4bfd894d26b03707aece.png

Once you have clicked on it, locate the .minecraft folder, and double click it.

31e88c837e694b1c97e6746dd01a1340.png

Then, locate your shaderpacks folder.
8e3c76799e2a49a7a41891b0b4cfc628.png

Sidenote: If you don't have this folder, here is how to get it.

Right click, and click New - Folder.

e462f0a53bcc4770931230acb54cd383.png

After that, name your folder: 'shaderpacks' (No caps or spaces)
1039ebb32ee04e93bcfd0147746ca822.png

Once you have that down, double click it and enter the folder.

Step 4: Dragging the shaders file into the folder.

To do this, simply drag the file from your desktop into the folder.
c238df1d6a8c422186afc42df73c93ec.png

Once the file is in the folder check your Minecraft, to see if it was successful, if your Minecraft was already open, restart it.
When you are in Minecraft, go Settings - Video settings - Shaders.
If the you see the shader pack in there, then you are successful.
To enable it, you can simply click it.
Hope ya'll enjoyed the tutorial. o/

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Guide to Selecting a Shader Pack

Red - Very Intensive (difficult to run) Green - Lightweight (easy to run)
Note: The fps is there to give you perspective, you won't get the stated fps unless you have a similar PC.

Vanilla ( 220fps )
Motion Blur Standalone ( 205fps )
DatLax Only Water ( 200fps )

Chocapic ( 150fps )
SFLP ( 140fps )
Airloocke ( 114fps )
RRe36s ( 110fps)

MrMeepz ( 95fps )
Super Shaders V5 ( 90 fps )
BSL Standard ( 90fps )
Sildurs Vibrant ( 90fps )
KUDA v6.5 ( 85fps )
CYBOX ( 84fps )

Continuum ( 80fps )
SM ( 75fps )
Robobo ( 74fps )
Sonic Ethers Unbelievable Shaders ( 70fps )

Trillton V6X ( 60fps )
TME ( 60fps )
B-v3 ( 60fps)

Chroma ( 37fps )

Visuals are entirely based on your own opinion, but this list is made up of different features, example; Volumetric clouds, glitches, bump mapping, bloom, sun shafts, DOF, motion blur and all that other stuff and which does them best.

Red - Ugly, glitchy, poorly optimized Green - Beautiful, blends well

Sonic Ethers Unbelievable Shaders
KUDA v6.5
BSL Standard
Continuum
Sildurs Vibrant

MrMeepz
Super Shaders V5
Chroma
Chocapic

CYBOX
Trillton V6X
SM
TME

RRe36s
Robobo
B-v3

SFLP
Airloocke

If you're looking to take a great screenshot of your builds, I'd recommend Sonic Ethers, it's overall beautiful in all weather and time and the shadows are just astounding and furthermore, there are no visual glitches whatsoever.

If you're looking for a pack that makes your game look fancy whilst you PVP then I'd recommend KUDA, KUDA's shaders are absolutely beautiful but the main feature I have to give props to is the water, the water is the best water I've ever seen, it's far better than Sonic Ethers and any other pack by miles. Although the fps is quite a drop, if you still get over 60fps then I absolutely recommend using it.

If you're on a low-end PC and you want super low fps and a substantial change in graphics then I'd recommend MrMeepz Lite, this pack isn't so hot on the whole shaders, it doesn't take itself so seriously and attempts to change the atmosphere from bright and adventurous to warm and fuzzy. It makes you want to stick around and enjoy the view.

Never use Airloocke, ever. The pack is so bad I don't think they can physically improve it, at all. They'd have to start from the ground up, it shouldn't even be on the list.

Standalone packs are for that one feature that you want but the other packs affect your fps too much, I like to use OnlyWater because Minecraft's water is terrible but I don't want my fps to collapse.

Specifications of PC used:
Intel i5-4460 @ 3.20GHz
Nvidia GTX 960
8.00GB RAM
2TB HDD + 250GB SDD

Last edited:

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Thanks for making a tutorial about 'How to put shaders in your Minecraft'. I already knew it but I think this is and will be helpful for others who don't really know how to do it. Great tutorial Perds :)

Note: The fps is there to give you perspective, you won't get the stated fps unless you have a similar PC.

Vanilla ( 220fps )

Chocapic ( 150fps )
SFLP ( 140fps )
Airloocke ( 114fps )
RRe36s ( 110fps)

MrMeepz ( 95fps )
BSL Standard ( 90fps )
KUDA v6.5 ( 85fps )
CYBOX ( 84fps )

Continuum ( 80fps )
SM ( 75fps )
Robobo ( 74fps )

Trillton V6X ( 60fps )
TME ( 60fps )
B-v3 ( 60fps)

Chroma ( 37fps )

Visuals are entirely based on your own opinion, but this list is made up of different features, example; Volumetric clouds, glitches, bump mapping, bloom, sun shafts, DOF, motion blur and all that other stuff and which does them best.

KUDA v6.5
BSL Standard
Continuum
Sildurs Vibrant

MrMeepz
Super Shaders V5
Chroma
Chocapic

CYBOX
Trillton V6X
SM
TME

RRe36s
Robobo
B-v3

SFLP
Airloocke

If you're looking to take a great screenshot of your builds, I'd recommend Sonic Ethers, it's overall beautiful in all weather and time and the shadows are just astounding and furthermore, there are no visual glitches whatsoever.

If you're looking for a pack that makes your game look fancy whilst you PVP then I'd recommend KUDA, KUDA's shaders are absolutely beautiful but the main feature I have to give props to is the water, the water is the best water I've ever seen, it's far better than Sonic Ethers and any other pack by miles. Although the fps is quite a drop, if you still get over 60fps then I absolutely recommend using it.

If you're on a low-end PC and you want super low fps and a substantial change in graphics then I'd recommend MrMeepz Lite, this pack isn't so hot on the whole shaders, it doesn't take itself so seriously and attempts to change the atmosphere from bright and adventurous to warm and fuzzy. It makes you want to stick around and enjoy the view.

Never use Airloocke, ever. The pack is so bad I don't think they can physically improve it, at all. They'd have to start from the ground up, it shouldn't even be on the list.

Standalone packs are for that one feature that you want but the other packs affect your fps too much, I like to use OnlyWater because Minecraft's water is terrible but I don't want my fps to collapse.
Thank you @StorySays for this explanation and your advises. I'll definitely use this when I've got my PC where I'm going to play Minecraft on with Shaders.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Thread moved to 'Everything else' as this is the section to ask for support, not give support.

Nice thread though!

zAyato

Novice Member
Feb 24, 2017
Inkopolis square
reports.cubecraft.net

Vanilla ( 220fps )

Chocapic ( 150fps )
SFLP ( 140fps )
Airloocke ( 114fps )
RRe36s ( 110fps)

MrMeepz ( 95fps )
BSL Standard ( 90fps )
KUDA v6.5 ( 85fps )
CYBOX ( 84fps )

Continuum ( 80fps )
SM ( 75fps )
Robobo ( 74fps )

Trillton V6X ( 60fps )
TME ( 60fps )
B-v3 ( 60fps)

Chroma ( 37fps )

KUDA v6.5
BSL Standard
Continuum
Sildurs Vibrant

MrMeepz
Super Shaders V5
Chroma
Chocapic

CYBOX
Trillton V6X
SM
TME

RRe36s
Robobo
B-v3

SFLP
Airloocke

Thanks for making this!
Now I can see which shaders are good for my pc :P

xArshiii

Novice Member
Mar 29, 2017
A Minecraft Server

Vanilla ( 220fps )

Chocapic ( 150fps )
SFLP ( 140fps )
Airloocke ( 114fps )
RRe36s ( 110fps)

MrMeepz ( 95fps )
BSL Standard ( 90fps )
KUDA v6.5 ( 85fps )
CYBOX ( 84fps )

Continuum ( 80fps )
SM ( 75fps )
Robobo ( 74fps )

Trillton V6X ( 60fps )
TME ( 60fps )
B-v3 ( 60fps)

Chroma ( 37fps )

KUDA v6.5
BSL Standard
Continuum
Sildurs Vibrant

MrMeepz
Super Shaders V5
Chroma
Chocapic

CYBOX
Trillton V6X
SM
TME

RRe36s
Robobo
B-v3

SFLP
Airloocke

Specifications of PC used:
Intel i5-4460 @ 3.20GHz
Nvidia GTX 960
8.00GB RAM
2TB HDD + 250GB SDD

Thx StorySays

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
Reactions: Wave Master7S
Status
Not open for further replies.