Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Did you read my suggestion?

• Total voters

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
@Fesa @SpankMeSanta am interested in your thoughts
Ideally this should be added. The competitive cubecraft community has been asking for competitive modes for many years now.

However, there are 2 problems:
1) Cubecraft will not add it - It doesn't matter what you say, marcoslater will not add this, and that is a fact. Never in a billion years would they add something like this to the server. I think the main deterrant is that he is afraid of "toxicity". This is my theory because that was the reason why other forms of competition on the server are prohibited, because of the "toxicity" involved with gamemodes like this. Personally, I think there is a huge difference between competitive language and toxicity, but the managers don't seem capable of understanding this so I believe cubecraft will not add anything like what you are suggesting to the server, ever.
2) Player base is too small now - By player base I do not mean the sheer numbers. The number of players on cubecraft (in the EU times anyway) are just about feasible to add a competitive mode. However, the competitive, "tryhard" players are no more. A number of weeks ago I actually did mention that there were some smaller servers replicating eggwars to host tournaments and 5v5s and that they were gaining many competitive players from cubecraft as they had given up on the poor decision making of the management team. Some people said to me "haha nope, its just because covid restrictions not being tough anymore so less people play on cube" or something similar. But actually these smaller servers have a healthy playerbase of all the competitive eggwars players. It is likely that more servers will form for other minigames too like duels or skywars, and they would rather play there than on cubecraft because those servers actually listen to their playerbase.

In summary, what you are suggesting is a good idea, but it will not work as staff do not like competitive language being used that comes with modes like this, and they have lost a huge portion (if not all) of their hungry, eager, competitive players.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I voted yes and here’s why: Cubecraft is lacking the competitive aspect. I love Cubecraft but it has became a very casual server. That’s why most people play on other servers for competitive gameplay. It would attract more players if Cubecraft had this ranked mode. A few things I’d like to add: Cubelets for every crossrank you climb, prizes for the top 3 (not just the #1) and that you can’t go down a crossrank (I don’t know it just didn’t feel right to me, I think once you get to a rank you should keep it) Overall a great suggestion and I’ve never seen anything like this before. I’d appreciate if you added my few suggestions to this :)!

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com
when it comes to cheaters we’re already rock bottom 🙂

Sentinel is being worked on by the new anticheat team that has been introduced to the server. However, we also need to consider how the cross-protocol platform will work also. If things like leaderboards exist in that mode are 1.8 leaderboards being grouped with 1.9 or what. Because this can cause conflict with players about the skill bracket etc.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🤍
throwing my mouse hard enough on the wall for a grand total of 7 times as a result of gamer rage somehow fixed the liftoff distance issues

also don't worry about me it's not that deep it's just anger issues and being the usual failure at everything including the simplest video games
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
You said "I SEE YOUR NAME ALL OVER REPORTS" You literally scream in my face. Yall want me to not report such bugs? I know that the bug is fixed
You don't have to reply with a longer message.
Top Bottom