Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 100818

Ohai,

I really miss the old Hide&Seek which could be played in 2015/16. It wasn't as dead as other gamemodes/minigames that got removed so I suggest to bring this old CubeCraft verion of Hide&Seek back. It could've had too many bugs, or somehow copyrighted I kinda forgot the reason behind it. I do know it's possible to create this again.

For the people who (unfortunately) aren't aware of this old gamemode let me explain it real quick. So everyone is familiar with Hide&Seek, no doubt about that. But the old CubeCraft version was so much better than the hive and Mineplex imo. You could buy new blocks from in-game points to have more choice, there were no advantages really. I only remember the maps Western and Nether to be honest, they were so much fun to play. it was really balanced and so enjoyable. I don't really got much more information about this specific version of Hide&Seek but I'm more than sure most staff members and old players do.

So the issue with this gamemode were the bugs and copyright I believe, one of those two at least. So the gamemode was NOT unpopular for what I can remember. So the best thing to do is to add this in arcade as its own minigame, no mixed arcade UNLESS it gets unpopular after a while.

Anyways I really miss this minigame, probably more than anyone, and I'd be more than happy to see it back somehow. If you people are considering this, please for the love of god don't ruin it, just the old style with the old stuff. The maps weren't so detailed and they didn't have to be, they were perfect.

That's all, I assume some staff member will tell me why it got removed and that it probably can't come back but it's still worth the try, I miss you Hide&Seek, I miss you. :(

NOTE: Hide&Seek got suggested several times but I just want to make sure that if you people are considering it please don't ruin it with those super detailed maps which are supposed to look good because they don't. With the same block system please =3

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 352903

It’ll probably die in a few months like arcade, but it’s a nice game and atleast we’ll be able to play it +1

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
Hide&Seek was the first game I played when I joined in 2016. Sadly it was closed after one month already. I only had 13 wins. Was Western the map with that train and where you could sneak out of the map? I don't know anymore. The map I hated was Cave or something like that. It was too tiny. It was a very populair game. That's what I remember.

However since Slime Survival got implemented a couple of months ago I personally don't feel the need anymore to have Hide&Seek. At Slime Survival you must seek for people too and if you turn into a slime you are a seeker. The concept is basically the same to me imo. I personally don't like it when 2 Arcade games have too much in common. Arcade needs variety. Don't get me wrong Hide&Seek was awesome but for now I would say no.

D

Deleted member 100818

However since Slime Survival got implemented a couple of months ago I personally don't feel the need anymore to have Hide&Seek. At Slime Survival you must seek for people too and if you turn into a slime you are a seeker. The concept is basically the same to me imo. I personally don't like it when 2 Arcade games have too much in common. Arcade needs variety. Don't get me wrong Hide&Seek was awesome but for now I would say no.
Slime survival might be a bit similar but it's not even close to Hide&Seek.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
Well can you tell me what's so completely different between those games? I've played Hide&Seek too and for me It's too similar to Slime Survival. It doesn't add much to the variety of Arcade. I don't want to play Slime Survival and after that a game that's similar. Try to convince me other than nostalgic reasons and maybe I'll change my opinion.

D

Deleted member 100818

Well can you tell me what's so completely different between those games? I've played Hide&Seek too and for me It's too similar to Slime Survival. It doesn't add much to the variety of Arcade. I don't want to play Slime Survival and after that a game that's similar. Try to convince me other than nostalgic reasons and maybe I'll change my opinion.
So Slime Survival basically is playing tag, hiding in that game is a tactic and not what the gamemode is about. Hide and Seek however is all about hiding. Maybe they're a bit similar but they are not the same.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
So Slime Survival basically is playing tag, hiding in that game is a tactic and not what the gamemode is about. Hide and Seek however is all about hiding. Maybe they're a bit similar but they are not the same.
I get where you're coming from now. It's because of the tactic in Slime Survival that makes it similar, but since you use that tactic all the time It still makes me feel that it will look too similar to Hide&Seek. I'm in the middle of this and if this ever gets implemented I will see with my own eyes if this game is truly that different. Thanks for your answer!

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
I never got a chance to play the hide and seek game, it was taken a month or to before I found cube craft although the sign was there for it it never worked. And I remember always wishing they would just fix it, I have no idea how busy it was but I remember lots of people trying to play it. I enjoy the game on other servers so I'd welcome the game back here in cube.sadly I never go to arcade much because:
1. There isn't anyone ever there.
2. I like the paintball game and I never see it on the stands. I like to just be able to play that! The game was actually quite popular when u could just play it.

D

Deleted member 100818

I would love to play this again, perhaps as a voting option in Slime Survival. (So no tracking, power-ups, just HnS).
As you said yourself, the maps would only ruin it. Even though Hide&Seek is a bit similar to Slime survival it deserves its own minigame.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
I only remember the maps Western
Oh yeah, that was a really good map. Whoever built it was very talented and probably a super cool dude.

So the issue with this gamemode were the bugs and copyright I believe
The issue we had was that we had no devs at the time and the plugin we used for H&S was public and not being updated, so we had to choose between removing H&S and updating the server. Funny enough, the dev that created the plugin we used, Lib's Disguises, is none other than @libraryaddict himself.

Now that we have more than one developer, it is actually fairly reasonable to consider bringing Hide and Seek back. Hide and Seek was my favorite classic arcade game, and that's saying a lot when you consider Hour Glass was my original suggestion. I think for us to reasonably bring back an old game like that, though, we're gonna have to see a lot more activity in the arcade. We can't really justify spending a bunch of dev and builder hours on a game that no one will play. As with all things, if it gets enough support and we can visibly see community interest in something, we can definitely consider it.

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
I think for us to reasonably bring back an old game like that, though, we're gonna have to see a lot more activity in the arcade. We can't really justify spending a bunch of dev and builder hours on a game that no one will play. As with all things, if it gets enough support and we can visibly see community interest in something, we can definitely consider it.[/QUOTE]
When I first came on this server I remember the arcade always being full then they changed the lobby completely and removed all the games, adding 3 new ones the flying one, that barn brawl and line dash at the beginning it was busy but nothing like what it was before it was changed. I used to go there often to either play the flying, paintball or line dash to get distroyed by @PerryJ :) until it was changed again to what it is now. I would like just to be able to play one game... Every time I pop over I never see the paintball up on the stands, is it even there now? I'm told it is but I never see it? I press tab and there is usually just 1 other player there. so I'm like oh well and go to bingo or td I'm asuming that most feel like that because it is now dead or maybe it's other reasons I don't know but the changes to it I believe certainly killed it to how it is now. I remember it's lobby being as busy as the main lobbies, there was obviously reasons to these changes but putting it back a little to how it used to be may help with getting people to play there, because a game alone want encourage people if u have to play slime then say brawl barn then something else just to play what u really came to the arcade for etc....

Reactions: PerryJ
D

Deleted member 100818

though, we're gonna have to see a lot more activity in the arcade. We can't really justify spending a bunch of dev and builder hours on a game that no one will play.
Hide&Seek is very different from the arcade games we have so far, adding this is a good try to actually get more players in arcade. If we'd use Hide&Seek for that purpose the priority needs to be lowered though. Anyways it's nice to see you being very positive about it. I also get it needs some support to actually work but I ain't giving this up, this is the only game I actually care about :(

Reactions: HurmitCurtis
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
Top Bottom