Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blooberry

Nov 19, 2014
That Place In Space
Currently, the map is now Finished!
With some tips from Javid and a few other players, I think this map is ready to be fully submitted.

In the Cathedral map for Hide And Seek you will be able to live all of your dreams of creeping around and beating up stuff in a cathedral dedicated to the Magic Conch Shell. Who doesn't want to do that?

Map creators/helpers and everything else is at the top, but here are the final screenshots!

lnowbbX.jpg

*Arrows mark smaller areas added for furnaces/other blocks.
wOmXNiE.png

6aQ72RW.png

nppyMJt.png

MD1g7Ka.png

Aprc9WO.png

Changelog:
-Added spots for crafting tables, anvils, and furnaces along the main chamber, in addition to the birch and spruce stair spots.
-Added an area for ores in the not so secret passage way, and replaced TNT with Obsidian
-Added hilly landscape and graveyard on the outside of the map. You cannot play here.
-Removed old seeker spawn room as it made the front of the build look very off. Seeker spawn can be added wherever.

Want to see it for yourself?
My plotID is 59:-167 or just find me when I am online, I would be glad to accept your tp request.

@Minimooseha (Helping edit the title)

If you have any questions or concerns just list them below!

Reactions: Trickmaster

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
I love how you layout your posts lol so nice and clean. But anyways as for the build, i'd rather illustrate my points with screenshots what I took. *Warning* I am going to be extremely critical (I have to be).

I know our maps are quite outdated for HideAndSeek, however this build for me just isn't up to the standard I'd like it to be, it's not a bad effort but needs ALOT of work. The exterior is great, just the inside where it actually matters needs a ton of work.

Now cathedrals are famous for their high ceilings, and if I was ever in one, the first thing I do is look up and look at the incredible detail, columns and beams going across. When I looked at yours, this is what I saw, alot of empty wasted space and no detail. Compared to the exterior of the build, the outside actually has some detail, (a little repetitive) but detail. It's pointless if your not going to expose that space to players, and seems wasteful, since that part of the build is the best, and people can't even see it.
28ugql0.png

I saw these huge towers, and I wondered what was inside them, hoping there would be a spiral staircase, or a secret library. Again a huge empty, dark ceiling.
312vc7k.png

I don't understand this wall... it's just ew
2cicuaq.png

For your hiders blocks, you almost have every single block in the shop menu... You really need to stick to the THEME. You can't just spam different blocks everywhere, otherwise it doesn't make sense. Why lapis blocks?!?! You should pick 4/5 blocks only so you don't go off and just add as many different blocks as possible. What would you usually find in a cathedral? Gold blocks, cathedrals often have lots of wealth, bookshelves, many scholars have written pieces in there etc. Theme is critical and when you start adding random melons, wooden blocks, bricks just any block, make's it look out of place and messy.
2w4eemf.png

I really like patterns in builds, however this is just carpet being spammed to make some kind of weird shape, using such bright colours, just doesn't flow with the builds and make's it look so out of place.
whmc5f.png

When designing a floor, try to use swirls, curls and symmetry. This is a very basic floor design i've made for a upcoming tnt run map, just again to illustrate my point.
smt8oh.png

Honestly there's probably a few more things I could point out that needs improving, weirdly this is one of the best HNSmap submissions, because of the exterior of the builds is quite good. That is why I am being so critical, since if you can build the outside like that, just transform that quality on the inside. You might have to start from scratch inside and rebuild.

Any builders want to share opinions @Volkom_ @sealgoesowowow @musemat

musemat

Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2013
Denmark
Okay so i agree with Luke on what he said, especially on the inside of the Cathedral. When i go inside i see so much space that could have been used. The empty towers and ceiling that is just left with nothing on it just seems lazy like it was rushed. If you're making a hide and seek map, the attention to detail in the interior is the most important since that is where the game is going on. Your colour pallette is also a bit messed up, you use so bright colours on the floors and windows, but the walls are just gray and dull with next to no detail at all.

The outside is really good though, but it's not the most important when working with a hide and seek map, since people wont see it.

In conclusion i would say you need to rework the inside of the cathedral in a big way

Blooberry

Nov 19, 2014
That Place In Space
Okay so i agree with Luke on what he said, especially on the inside of the Cathedral. When i go inside i see so much space that could have been used. The empty towers and ceiling that is just left with nothing on it just seems lazy like it was rushed. If you're making a hide and seek map, the attention to detail in the interior is the most important since that is where the game is going on. Your colour pallette is also a bit messed up, you use so bright colours on the floors and windows, but the walls are just gray and dull with next to no detail at all.

The outside is really good though, but it's not the most important when working with a hide and seek map, since people wont see it.

In conclusion i would say you need to rework the inside of the cathedral in a big way
I love how you layout your posts lol so nice and clean. But anyways as for the build, i'd rather illustrate my points with screenshots what I took. *Warning* I am going to be extremely critical (I have to be).

I know our maps are quite outdated for HideAndSeek, however this build for me just isn't up to the standard I'd like it to be, it's not a bad effort but needs ALOT of work. The exterior is great, just the inside where it actually matters needs a ton of work.

Now cathedrals are famous for their high ceilings, and if I was ever in one, the first thing I do is look up and look at the incredible detail, columns and beams going across. When I looked at yours, this is what I saw, alot of empty wasted space and no detail. Compared to the exterior of the build, the outside actually has some detail, (a little repetitive) but detail. It's pointless if your not going to expose that space to players, and seems wasteful, since that part of the build is the best, and people can't even see it.
28ugql0.png

I saw these huge towers, and I wondered what was inside them, hoping there would be a spiral staircase, or a secret library. Again a huge empty, dark ceiling.
312vc7k.png

I don't understand this wall... it's just ew
2cicuaq.png

For your hiders blocks, you almost have every single block in the shop menu... You really need to stick to the THEME. You can't just spam different blocks everywhere, otherwise it doesn't make sense. Why lapis blocks?!?! You should pick 4/5 blocks only so you don't go off and just add as many different blocks as possible. What would you usually find in a cathedral? Gold blocks, cathedrals often have lots of wealth, bookshelves, many scholars have written pieces in there etc. Theme is critical and when you start adding random melons, wooden blocks, bricks just any block, make's it look out of place and messy.
2w4eemf.png

I really like patterns in builds, however this is just carpet being spammed to make some kind of weird shape, using such bright colours, just doesn't flow with the builds and make's it look so out of place.
whmc5f.png

When designing a floor, try to use swirls, curls and symmetry. This is a very basic floor design i've made for a upcoming tnt run map, just again to illustrate my point.
smt8oh.png

Honestly there's probably a few more things I could point out that needs improving, weirdly this is one of the best HNSmap submissions, because of the exterior of the builds is quite good. That is why I am being so critical, since if you can build the outside like that, just transform that quality on the inside. You might have to start from scratch inside and rebuild.

Any builders want to share opinions @Volkom_ @sealgoesowowow @musemat

That pretty much sums up all of the self doubt I had with the build. On one side, I didn't want it to be too big and add a second floor, but on the other end I knew that it was a bit small as is.

In the coming month I will probably be adding some uses of the corner towers.
As for the other blocks, I will try to implement better interior design (As I might have mentioned in game, I am horrible with interior decor). I am thinking something along the lines of removing all of the ore blocks, as they were implemented because of some people saying that I should add pretty much every block.

Hopefully by the end of January I will have the interior reworked.
Thanks for the constructive criticism!

Reactions: Younisco
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
Top Bottom