Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think this varient of Hide and Seek should be added?

• Yes (Please comment why you think this gamemode should be added)

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No (Please comment down your suggested improvements)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Maybe with improvement (Please comment down your suggested improvements)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
N

Nikboo

Hide N’ Seek Suggestion
Credits to @Diogo for helping meh.

Before you guys go "ehm excusemoi nikoshko, hide and seek is coming to town soon", please just hear me out first.

So, currently on all minigame servers, there is pretty much a version of hide and seek where a player chases a block. yay...!

r772blPqKrlTmIRAaubZaRmSwtT72tvRzBguft3k_OJx8CvrN3a7t2WtIRQn1h3SwYSwz4QivSgMuNpTshiuLMCk6EqrQ5VtTnUeNoI9MVEs0YmqROjeEdUyGmFh-9whxMsTvM5p

I thought we could make this a little more unique compared to other servers since the stereotype for hide and seek is pretty boring and not unique at all.

My ideas that are gathered here are all inspired by the old TheAtlanticCraft series, morph hide and seek. If you don’t know what this is, I would suggest checking out one of their videos on it. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZaOiGBpuUQ&feature=youtu.be

So how will this game work?

2 Teams - Hiders and Seekers

The teams are absolutely balanced meaning there must be the same amount of seekers as there are hiders.

Hiders -
The hiders will morph into a mob of their choice - creeper, skeleton, zombie or spider. The hiders will also get 4 spawn eggs of each type of mob that is in the game. Also, you will be able to play the mob sound using a certain item in your hotbar.

Seekers -
Seekers will have 3 lives to find the hiders and kill them. Their weapon is a one hit kill. Once those three lives are out, they will turn into a spectator. If they kill a mob that isn’t a player, they lose a life. If they kill a player who is hiding, they gain a life. There are also small boosts a seeker can get that is found across the map. Seekers will also gain a compass in the last minute / 30 seconds of the game.

The main aim of the game is for the hiders to find a place where there are tons of mobs around them and to conceal themselves there. They can also spawn a few extra mobs using their spawn eggs to hide themselves amongst the groups. The seekers must kill the hiders before the time limit runs out.

I hope you guys like this suggestion. Feedback is appreciated :).

T4m_OOdgKDRr2-xgOPSW769rqNHAQm6NSThFOpZrdwpFJX0I9wT5wbnSLO0Usi4Dk1fImdeeo60IZXbevTU4H2cDQdnmYTgnuiprmdcPDyvDcKMbsn0fwirHX2C3AhqCrQXTc_Qb

Tags: @Efcluke94 @Diogo @Younisco @DutchieTheKid

Last edited by a moderator:

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
Do you mean you can ONLY morph into mobs or you can be blocks too?

I think it would be good if you could morph into blocks and mobs at the same time.

N

Nikboo

Do you mean you can ONLY morph into mobs or you can be blocks too?

I think it would be good if you could morph into blocks and mobs at the same time.

The game style is meant to be different to the casual "morph into block and hide from seeker". In the gamemode, you must use tactics to hide yourself and conceal yourself from the groups of "fake mobs" around you. All of the information is displayed on the thread.

Golapagos

Novice Member
Jan 14, 2017
Atlantis, The Ocean
Yes! This would bring a lot of popularity back to CubeCraft for being the only server to have this. YouTubers would then play it, making it even more popular!

Reactions: Nikboo

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
So the goal as a hider would be to imitate the mob ai? Would you have the option to walk at the speed of the mob and trigger mob sounds?

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
Yes! This would bring a lot of popularity back to CubeCraft for being the only server to have this. YouTubers would then play it, making it even more popular!

Um... you can morph into mobs in Mineplex.

N

Nikboo

So the goal as a hider would be to imitate the mob ai? Would you have the option to walk at the speed of the mob and trigger mob sounds?

Yeah. Pretty much.

I'll add mob sounds to the thread because that's a pretty cool idea that could be added. Also, when you morph into the certain mob, you will be able to walk as a normal player. You will have to basically try your best to imitate the mob. :)

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
The morph mod is one of those must have mods.
I enjoyed watching the Atlantic Craft playing it and I played it myself with some friends on my private server.
I would love this idea!
Problems are:
1. It may cause perfomance issues and maybe even server lag.
2. What will happen to people who bought the Hide N Seek blocks?
I've spent over 20000 points unlocking all of them. And yes I calculated, this is no exaggeration.
3. Wont vanilla mobs get boring after a while? That's one of the main reasons the Atlantic Craft moved to modded Hide n Seek.

Also little question:
Will players get the mobs' ability.
Example you're a blaze or a bat, will you be able to fly?
Or will you burn as a zombie during daylight?

Reactions: Nikboo
N

Nikboo

The morph mod is one of those must have mods.
I enjoyed watching the Atlantic Craft playing it and I played it myself with some friends on my private server.
I would love this idea!
Problems are:
1. It may cause perfomance issues and maybe even server lag.
2. What will happen to people who bought the Hide N Seek blocks?
I've spent over 20000 points unlocking all of them. And yes I calculated this is no exaggeration.
3. Wont vanilla mobs get boring after a while? That's one of the main reasons the Atlantic Craft moved to modded Hide n Seek.

Also little question:
Will players get the mobs' ability.
Example you're a blaze or a bat, will you be able to fly?
Or will you burn as a zombie during daylight?

1) May cause some lag. We'll have to check with management though.
2) I will have to leave that with management as well since I'm not too sure. I would assume a refund could be possible or perhaps cosmetics in-game. Who knows?
3) Since it would be a small minigame to fit in the arcade, I assume it wouldn't really be one of the main gamemodes of the network. Using the range of vanilla mobs that are available, I think that it would be suitable to become a small game that players would occasionally play for fun to just take a break from PvP. :)
4) That could be thought into the game somehow. Some maps could be changed to fit certain mobs, for example a nether one for mobs such as blazes/ghasts/mobs which fly.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom