Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would You Like To See This Game (1 being the worst and 5 being the best) REPLY WITH WHY OR WHY NOT

• Total voters

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Things to know before reading the thread

• I play mostly on the bedrock edition of minecraft so all my points will be aimed towards the bedrock edition

• I have worked really hard hard on this thread in fact it is a week in the making so please if you disagree or find any flaw PLEASE reply to this thread

• I’m not perfect and some things i write may not make sense to some people so make sure to quote a section of the thread that doesn’t make sense to you and i will try to get back to you soon as i can

• Please reply be kind to everyone who is involved in this thread they all worked very hard (that goes for me and anyone who replies to this thread)

• If you made a suggestion to this thread then your name will be added to the credits tab unless you request for it to be removed

• If you don’t vote for 5 then please tell me how this game could be improved and if you vote for 5 then please tell me what you liked about the game

ABOUT THE GAME

The idea behind the game is 9-15 people are in a map (more about that in the maps section of the thread) when 1 of them us selected to become a seeker and the rest are selected to become hiders. The main difference between this game and most others is that it is more hide and go seek then anything else. This is because players can leave there hiding spots whenever they want. One other future I would like to make apparent is that hiders nametags won’t show as i don’t think gameplay would be as fun if nametags did show

WHY HIDE AND SEEK?

To be honest i'm not sure why a gamemode like this has not been made. It is one of if not the most popular games that almost every child and adult knows. If you look at cubecraft’s main contenders (for bedrock) none of them have a hide and seek mode. The closest any server gets is prophunt which places you as a block of your choose, you then try to blend in with other blocks in the map. I don’t think i have to say how what i PROPosing is different from from prophunt but if you're unclear on the differences then you can check out all the differences in the differences between hide & seek vs prophunt

MORE ABOUT THE SEEKER

The seeker is picked randomly (although YT ranks could have a higher chance to get seeker) the seeker has blindness for 30 or so seconds the seeker also can’t move for 30 second. Once the 30 seconds are up the seeker will get a 32k sword or a one shot sword. The goal of the seeker is to eliminate all players before times up.

MORE ABOUT THE HIDERS

The hiders spawn in the same room as the seeker. They can mock the seeker or make a sprint to a hiding spot. Although the hiders can stay in their hiding spots as long as they want they may want to leave if the seekers are not around because there will be chests scattered around the map. The crates will have lots of goodies such as potions and power ups

MORE ABOUT THE CRATE LOOT

Crates could be opened by right clicking them or tapping on them. but why not chests you ask? the answer is that crates are friendly to touch/mobile players. once the crate is tapped or clicked it would give 1 potion and 1 custom item. these items will be determined by the gamemode which will be talked about about 2 sections from now. but for now all you need to now is the main 4 gamemodes.

1. Normal
  2. Crazy
  3. Overpowered
  4. Mega

NORMAL
  • Invisibility Potion - 5s (doesn't hide
  • Speed I Potions - 45s
  • Speed II Potion - 10s
CRAZY
  • Invisibility Potion - 10s (hides nametags)
  • Speed I Potion - 1m 30s
  • Speed II Potion - 30s
OVERPOWERED
  • Invisibility Potion - 10s (hides nametags)
  • Speed I Potion - 5m
  • Speed II potion - 1m 30s
MEGA
  • 2 Invisibility Potion - X
  • 2 Speed II Potion - X
  • 2 Speed II Potion - X

Mega would be a separate gamemode like in mega skyward you could still vote for normal crazy or overpowered modes which is why there are X’s

CUSTOM CRATE LOOT

Smoke Bomb -
Normal Mode: blinds seeker for 10 seconds
Crazy Mode: blinds and freezes the seeker for 10 seconds
Overpowered Mode: blinds and freezes the seeker for 15 seconds

X-Ray Helmet -
Normal Mode: shows the seekers outline for 10 seconds
Crazy Mode: shows the seekers outline for 10 seconds
Overpowered Mode: shows the seekers outline for 30s

Spawn Snowball -
Normal Mode: sends the seeker back to spawn
Crazy Mode: sends the seeker back to spawn for 5s
Overpowered Mode: sends the seeker to spawn for 10s

(CUSTOM CRATE LOOT SUGGESTIONS ARE MUCH NEEDED)

MORE ABOUT DIFFERENT MODES

There would be two different modes, normal and mega. These modes would have three different types normal, crazy overpowered. These gametypes could be voted on by H&S ranks.

Normal

Gameplay is the same

Crazy

Seeker gets speed I and chest loot is better

Overpowered

Seeker Gets speed II an chest loot gets even better

MORE ABOUT MEGA HIDE AND SEEK GAMEPLAY

Mega hide and seek is like normal hide and seek with A LOT more players and much bigger maps. There are 5 seekers and 20-30 hiders. There are also 2x potions in chests

ORIGINALITY

after hearing some feedback two things came up about originality. the main points are about the section of this thread where i say "If you look at cubecraft’s main contenders (for bedrock) none of them have a hide and seek mode." the 1st point was prophunt. to comment on that prophunt is completly diffrent then say murder mystery and will play completly diffrent from this game. the next point is in fact about murder mystery and how it is like hide and seek. the only thing i really have to say is murder mystery is a deduction game where the main goal is to collect coins to get a bow and eliminate the murderer. in this proposed game there would be no way to eliminate the seeker and everyone will know who the seeker is. this is important because instead of sticking in a pack with the detective or someone with a bow. the best way to describe what im trying to say is image you encounter the murderer in murder mystery you either run to the detective or shoot him if you have a bow. now say you encounter a seeker in hide and seek. there is no way to kill the seeker and you cant't run to someone to save you. an analogue i thought of well writing this is my game plays like popular game hello neighbor and murder mystery plays like among us. the last thing people mentioned was slime survival. this is an LTM meaning that it isn't out all the time. this game would have a diffrent feel and look diffrent. it is the same thing as prophunt and murder mystery when describing them they all seem like hide and seek but they feel completly diffrent. finally this game is supposed to replicate the hide and seek you play with cousins when you all come together for Christmas because i think we all need that right now :)

DOWNLOAD LINKS (A LOT more coming soon)

Maps: COMING SOON
Hiding spots: COMING SOON
Crate loot: COMING SOON

MAPS

COMING SOON

CREDITS

forums username: Pyups - Creator
forums username: SlimyPython - suggestions
forums username: InkAsriel - suggestions
forums username: ShinySanta - critique
forums username: xGrove - critique
forums username: SEN0RWIZZARD - suggestions

Last edited:
Reactions: wxzzrd and Grove

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! Java already has a kind of ‘Hide and Seek’ named Slime Survival, it’s a featured game which means it’s only available every now and then. I prefer having slime survival as a gamemode on cubecraft bedrock, since it’s already a gamemode. Beside that it looks really similar to your suggestion, there are 2 gamemodes and power-ups are spawning for hiders around the map. So I kinda agree with your suggestion, I would like to see a hide and seek minigame, but I prefer that slime survival will get implemented on bedrock then your suggestion.

A game description so you will know what slime survival is, written by Sweetenerera (credits to her):
There are two different modes, normal mode and slime freeze tag mode.
In normal mode, one slime gets chosen. His goal is to throw the slime in his inventory, to the survivors. If the slime hits a survivor, he becomes a slime as well, and has to help turn survivors into slimes. If a slime throws his slimeball, he will get it back after a few seconds, or he can pick it up. If the slime left clicks he throws the slime quickly. If he uses right click he can charge the slime, it’ll become bigger meaning you’ll have a bigger chance of getting hit or hitting someone. The main slime will get the option to press ‘F’ (or whatever key he uses to switch hands), if he does this an eye of ender will get summoned and highlight one player. (Players' name tags are not visible, unless you’re in the same team.) Survivors will get speed and they can pick up power-ups. (Power-ups are not visible for slimes.) These power-ups are:
Speed Boost - Gives you an extra speed boost for 10 seconds.
Jump Boost - Gives you a jump boost effect for 15 seconds.
Shield - Gives you a shield that will protect you from any slime hit. (Lasts 15 seconds or until you get hit.)
Leap - This will give you a feather, if you right click this feather, you will leap forward.
Fireballs - Gives you 3 fireballs that will blind and slow slimes down for 5 seconds.
Blink - Teleports you in the direction you’re looking at.
Gravity Explosive - Takes 1 second to charge up after use and causes an explosion that will cause nearby Slimes to fly away from you.
Decoy - Creates a clone of yourself that will last either 30 seconds or until decoy gets hit with a slime. While your decoy is alive you are completely invisible.
Frost Sword - Hitting a slime will freeze them in an ice cube for 7 seconds.
Slime Punched - Grants you a bow that shoots 3 arrows with punch on it.
Cage Trap - Grants you an iron pressure plate that you can place down. Once a slime steps on it, it will trap him in a cage for 5 seconds.
Web Bomb - Grants you a ball that will cover the nearby area with spider webs. (Survivors can punch a spider web to destroy it instantly.)
Slime Blinder - Summons a cloud that will blind slimes when they go into it.

In slime freeze tag mode, a few slimes will be chosen. These slimes need to try and paralysed survivors by hitting them with a slime. Survivors can recover you by standing near you for a couple seconds. Survivors also get two extra power-ups:
Recover Wand - Shoots a beam that will instantly recover a paralysed survivor.
Recover Grenade - A grenade that recovers all nearby paralysed survivors on impact.
Slimes keep their slime and grenade. However, instead of the ‘F’ button the main slime gets, the slimes will get a ‘Survivor Finder’ item. Once a slime right clicks this item, he will see all the survivors. He will however get slowness, and once he lets go of his right button, the vision will be lost.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
personally i dont like the idea of hide and seek on cubecraft bedrock as its a game that is very slow paced, and cubecraft is more of a pvp server, with only 1 game without a combat element, and faster paced game modes.

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
If you look at cubecraft’s main contenders (for bedrock) none of them have a hide and seek mode
Hive has a hide and seek (2 if you count murder mystery). Though it is along the lines of a prop hunt.
there will be chests scattered around the map. The chest will have lots of goodies such as potions and power ups
Eh, I feel like something like Galaxite's ability system would be a better choice as that doesnt negatively affect touch players as much.
These gametypes could be voted on by VIPS
H&S Rank, not VIPs
The idea behind the game is 4-6 people are in a map (more about that in the maps section of the thread)
That a very small amount of people, should be 1 seeker VS 9 hiders. With mega being 1/2s VS 19h instead with no extra abilities since more players mean easier seeking.

Reactions: wxzzrd

Grove

Nov 4, 2020
Sinnoh
Nice job, this looks really thought out!

However: I know they’re not the same, but as mentioned above, slime survival is along the same lines of your hide and seek concept, and I don’t know the likelihood of two similar minigames being on the server. Regardless, I’ll say it again- this thread was really well done!

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Hive has a hide and seek (2 if you count murder mystery). Though it is along the lines of a prop hunt.

Eh, I feel like something like Galaxite's ability system would be a better choice as that doesnt negatively affect touch players as much.

H&S Rank, not VIPs

That a very small amount of people, should be 1 seeker VS 9 hiders. With mega being 1/2s VS 19h instead with no extra abilities since more players mean easier seeking.
your suggestion has been added and your forums username is in the credits section! although i still speed I and speed II because that will give people an incentive to but the H&S rank and pick normal mode or crazy/overpowered if they want + normal is the default winner if no one votes so thanks for the suggestions!

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
first of all: i love how detailed everything is, great job on that!

second of all: i love your idea of hide and seek and your twist to it and would love to see it on both platforms, although the amount of players could be more maybe, so cubecraft wouldnt need a lot of lobbies for the game. the potions sound interesting, but i think invis for 30 seconds in OP is a little bit too much. although this highly depends on how long a game lasts and the chance to actually get the potion!

i think its a game with potential, although some things need to be worked out more maybe :)

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
guys he said bedrock so slime survival will stay on java and this will be on bedrock

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
first of all: i love how detailed everything is, great job on that!

second of all: i love your idea of hide and seek and your twist to it and would love to see it on both platforms, although the amount of players could be more maybe, so cubecraft wouldnt need a lot of lobbies for the game. the potions sound interesting, but i think invis for 30 seconds in OP is a little bit too much. although this highly depends on how long a game lasts and the chance to actually get the potion!

i think its a game with potential, although some things need to be worked out more maybe :)
thanks for the complements and suggestions! i changed invisibility a little bit (i highly recommend checking the changes out) i also upped the players from 9 to 15! finally your name has been has been added to the credits. again thanks so much for the suggestions!

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Hi! Java already has a kind of ‘Hide and Seek’ named Slime Survival, it’s a featured game which means it’s only available every now and then. I prefer having slime survival as a gamemode on cubecraft bedrock, since it’s already a gamemode. Beside that it looks really similar to your suggestion, there are 2 gamemodes and power-ups are spawning for hiders around the map. So I kinda agree with your suggestion, I would like to see a hide and seek minigame, but I prefer that slime survival will get implemented on bedrock then your suggestion.

A game description so you will know what slime survival is, written by Sweetenerera (credits to her):
thanks for the critique. your name has been added to the credits and an ORIGINALITY section has been made :)

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Nice job, this looks really thought out!

However: I know they’re not the same, but as mentioned above, slime survival is along the same lines of your hide and seek concept, and I don’t know the likelihood of two similar minigames being on the server. Regardless, I’ll say it again- this thread was really well done!
Thanks for the reply! There is now an originality section of the thread on why I think this my be more likely then you think :)

Reactions: Grove and wxzzrd

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Also I have a suggestion to add the percent chance of potions in the chests. I think somewhere around a 50 percent chance for speed 1, 25 percent for speed 2, and 20 percent for invis would be good. I also think that invis should be 10sec in normal mode and that there should be a few additional power ups like a smoke bomb to throw in front of the seeker when you are running away, and the radius and time if it would depend on the mode. I think a smoke bomb could be like a 20 percent chance as well. And speed 1 should have less time in all modes and speed two should have less time in the higher modes, and there should be more power ups then just the bomb that was just an example

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Also I have a suggestion to add the percent chance of potions in the chests. I think somewhere around a 50 percent chance for speed 1, 25 percent for speed 2, and 20 percent for invis would be good. I also think that invis should be 10sec in normal mode and that there should be a few additional power ups like a smoke bomb to throw in front of the seeker when you are running away, and the radius and time if it would depend on the mode. I think a smoke bomb could be like a 20 percent chance as well. And speed 1 should have less time in all modes and speed two should have less time in the higher modes, and there should be more power ups then just the bomb that was just an example
Thanks for the suggestion I brainstorming more power-up ideas! I will also be using most of chancing using most of you percentages but they will be changed when I add more costume power-ups and I you Anne will be added to the credits when the update comes out!

• Love

Mea_08

May 27, 2020
Scotland

I like the idea of it being a mini game/featured game!

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
sorry this update took so long to get out i typed the whole thing out and forgot to save it :( but thanks for the suggestions and your name has been added to the credits section

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Top Bottom