Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
From what I have seen (I am not saying I am 100% sure) there are not enough moderators on the server. I only see them every few weeks or so, and I play waaaaaay too much on this server.

I think Cubecraft needs an increase in staff. I am not saying the current staff are bad, just that there are not enough of them. And after a bit of thinking, I think I know why.

For the sake of this discussion, I will be dividing Cubecraft Players into 3 groups:

1: No Real-Life-Job, and considered a "minor"
2: Tween and older, No Real Life Job and minimal Required things to do in real life
3: Tween and older, Real Life Job and many required Things to do in real life.

If you are a Cubecraft player, you fall into one of these categories.

So what is the point I am trying to make?

Most people ABOVE 15 (the staff member age limit) fall into the 3rd category. These people have busier (if that is even a word...) lives than those people 2 or 3 years younger than them. Thus, there is not enough time for Cubecraft in their schedules.

Fewer staff lead to More "Automatically Closed" reports which leads to more rulebreakers, which leads to general unhappiness to Cubecrafters, which leads to paranoia and the eventual leaving of the server. This is why Cubecraft Java Edition receives so little players. This is why almost all Cubecrafters have migrated to Bedrock Edition. There are few staff to stop these rule breakers. And because of the above listed reasons, none of them can be active.

So how are we going to save Cubecraft?

Put less stress on the age limit for staff members. There is an age limit for Cubecrafters who wish to become staff, 15. This is so completely, ridiculously absurd. This means that the ONLY people allowed to become staff are those in the 3rd category listed above. And from what I have seen in my many years of being alive, those people have 2 or 3 less hours that they can devote to Cubecraft than can the people a little younger.

What about maturity? There are two types of people in this world: Mature and Not Mature. Its often pretty easy to tell, so in the "interview" with new helpers, you should be able to find out easily.

This very thing has been suggested by countless Cubecrafters, time and time again. Stop Ignoring the countless suggestions on this topic, and reduce the painful requirements of Helpers. Cubecraft Team,Help us help you, and make the world of Cubecraft Java Edition a safer place for players, and bring back the ones who abandoned it.

Thank you.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
From what I have seen (I am not saying I am 100% sure) there are not enough moderators on the server. I only see them every few weeks or so, and I play waaaaaay too much on this server.

I think Cubecraft needs an increase in staff. I am not saying the current staff are bad, just that there are not enough of them. And after a bit of thinking, I think I know why.

For the sake of this discussion, I will be dividing Cubecraft Players into 3 groups:

2: Tween and older, No Real Life Job and minimal Required things to do in real life

Most people ABOVE 15 (the staff member age limit) fall into the 3rd category. These people have busier (if that is even a word...) lives than those people 2 or 3 years younger than them. Thus, there is not enough time for Cubecraft in their schedules.

Fewer staff lead to More "Automatically Closed" reports which leads to more rulebreakers, which leads to general unhappiness to Cubecrafters, which leads to paranoia and the eventual leaving of the server. This is why Cubecraft Java Edition receives so little players. This is why almost all Cubecrafters have migrated to Bedrock Edition. There are few staff to stop these rule breakers. And because of the above listed reasons, none of them can be active.

Put less stress on the age limit for staff members. There is an age limit for Cubecrafters who wish to become staff, 15. This is so completely, ridiculously absurd. This means that the ONLY people allowed to become staff are those in the 3rd category listed above. And from what I have seen in my many years of being alive, those people have 2 or 3 less hours that they can devote to Cubecraft than can the people a little younger.

What about maturity? There are two types of people in this world: Mature and Not Mature. Its often pretty easy to tell, so in the "interview" with new helpers, you should be able to find out easily.

This very thing has been suggested by countless Cubecrafters, time and time again. Stop Ignoring the countless suggestions on this topic, and reduce the painful requirements of Helpers. Cubecraft Team,Help us help you, and make the world of Cubecraft Java Edition a safer place for players, and bring back the ones who abandoned it.

Thank you.

Or maybe all of the staff just all prefer 1.8. Thats sad if its true.

Edit: According to many sources, it is not.

Last edited:
Reactions: !CaptainMonoBrow¡

Aosm

Apr 16, 2019
I can also confirm that on 1.8, although not as inactive as you said, that you don't see staff very often, the only mod i've seen banning people is Capitan.
Me too, Capitan is the only mod banning people, cubecraft need staff to be better.

Reactions: !CaptainMonoBrow¡

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
I do agree that Cube needs more staff. However, Cube also looks for quality of staff recruits. For example, some players from what I’ve heard applied for staff, but weren’t accepted (they did meet the requirements such as report account). Although, I’m not sure what quality is to Cube since I’ve never asked or tried to be staff.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
I kinda agree with you about lowering the age limit. Age isn't important, behaviour and maturity level is. Whether someone is 14 or 17, as long as they are mature and capable of the job I don't think age should be a problem. I don't think you need an interview to find out if someone's mature. It's clear most of the times.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Couldn't agree more that the new age requirement was a completely unnecessary and limiting change. If someone under the age of 15, like 14, was not mature enough yet to become staff, no one obligates the recruitment team nor staff manager to accept them. Limiting all those amazing 14 year old people on the forums, who would do just amazing as Helpers now, because of some number is definitely not what will help our Moderation team improve at its current state. Let's not also forget that even when someone is not the most mature person on planet earth, helper is a testing period and it helps the person learn, improve and develop. People cannot do it, if they aren't given the opportunity.

For the record, what you said about people becoming busier with life after turning 15 is absolutely correct. Another reason this change was a bad decision in my opinion and doesn't help the staff team in any way, it only harms it because it's an unnecessary limit for our team to grow.

Escalated.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I certainly agree with the staff amount, there is too little staff. I also really agree with @RickDeKlomp about the age thing, but:

I don't think you need an interview to find out if someone's mature. It's clear most of the times.
Not really to be honest. There's plenty of people who are way different in a call than in a chat for example. An interview is always needed to really talk to your volunteer, not just chatting (even though I get that the interview is the most stressing part of the entire Helper thing).

No offence, but if the minimum Helper application requirement age was still 13 (or at least lower than 15), I can already think of some people who are most definitely able to be/start the Helper path.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
Thank you all. :)

Couldn't agree more that the new age requirement was a completely unnecessary and limiting change. If someone under the age of 15, like 14, was not mature enough yet to become staff, no one obligates the recruitment team nor staff manager to accept them. Limiting all those amazing 14 year old people on the forums, who would do just amazing as Helpers now, because of some number is definitely not what will help our Moderation team improve at its current state. Let's not also forget that even when someone is not the most mature person on planet earth, helper is a testing period and it helps the person learn, improve and develop. People cannot do it, if they aren't given the opportunity.

For the record, what you said about people becoming busier with life after turning 15 is absolutely correct. Another reason this change was a bad decision in my opinion and doesn't help the staff team in any way, it only harms it because it's an unnecessary limit for our team to grow.

Escalated.

NEW age requirement? Was it once not a thing? Huh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I think Eli is an exception in this. But from what i’ve seen is that players like Lucian are just far too young to handle being a moderator. It really didn’t work out for me having him in the staff team. They should watch social development, maybe without age restriction. But with a younger age comes less skills in social interaction.

Reactions: Eli and RickDeKlomp
D

Deleted member 481668

The old age requirement was 13 years old, minimum to apply for helper, they have since removed that rule and upped it too an age limit of 15.
In my opinion they have to set the age requirement back to 13. Age doesn't matter, because how older you are how smarter you will be in the future, some people can learn about to be staff and they will have more self confidence after it.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
I think Eli is an exception in this. But from what i’ve seen is that players like Lucian are just far too young to handle being a moderator. It really didn’t work out for me having him in the staff team. They should watch social development, maybe without age restriction. But with a younger age comes less skills in social interaction.

Thank you.

Just to clear it up, I still believe that 40 or 50 reports should still be required to become staff.

Drakie❤

Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2019
over there
Pronouns
He/Him
I have a question regarding helper jobs, do in-game reports count as reports, or they have to be website reports.

abfc2000

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2015
Spain
This is absolutely true. As someone who started playing here at age 12-13, and has grown into a 17 year old teen, I can confirm that there is no comparison between back then and now when it comes to play time.

More and more responsibilities come to my life, and as of right now, I would not be able to be an active staff member because of that. Lower the age requirement, Cubecraft! It would really help.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019

Thank you.

On another note, has every staff member EVER reported 50 (or 100, back in the day) players successfully? Just curiously...

Reactions: Dubby Plays
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom