Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hello, I'm soon going to apply for Helper, and I have a new suggestion.
If you apply for Helper, you have to fill in a Google Form, and have to wait for the reply whether you're accepted or not.
But if you are not selected for the Helper rank, you don't recieve any replies, only if you are accepted.
I think some staff can send the applicants a message back like: 'Thank you for your apply but you will unfortunately not become a Helper.' It's also a form of kindness to their sollicitants. I think this will be a nice idea, so now players can know when their apply is accepted or not, and otherwise you have to wait a (long) time, and maybe in that time the apply is already rejected.

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
Yes, this is something the staffmembers should add.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
I dont think this is a good idea, as it would take a lot of time. Only .01% of applocations are accepted, so for every one new helper, staff would have to give that rejected message about 1000 times. Not a very good use of staff time imo

D

Deleted member 59979

I dont think this is a good idea, as it would take a lot of time. Only .01% of applocations are accepted, so for every one new helper, staff would have to give that rejected message about 1000 times. Not a very good use of staff time imo
This basically

There are thousands of applications. Writing a message to everyone saying if they were not accepted would take a ridiculiously long time for extremely little benefit.

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
They just can copy one single message or click on 1 button which sends a message on the forums to the players who have applied.

Reactions: God.

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Theres no point, if you didnt get a response you didnt get accepted. Ppl should learn to be patient.
No, It's more friendly when staff just send a message back or let the players know they didn't get accepted. Imagine: You are sollicitating for a job irl, and you have sent a letter the manager, you want to know if you are accepted or not, and you don't get a message back, you just got ingored. That's a bit rude, I think.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
No, It's more friendly when staff just send a message back or let the players know they didn't get accepted. Imagine: You are sollicitating for a job irl, and you have sent a letter the manager, you want to know if you are accepted or not, and you don't get a message back, you just got ingored. That's a bit rude, I think.
But if they tell you what will happen if you are rejected, then its not really rude.

Plus, during job interviews, there isnt a 1000 to 1 denied to accepted ratio.(so its alot easier to send a denied response in a job interview. )

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hi! While this would be a great feature to have, it may be extremely time consuming with the current system as we would have to manually reply to them using the forums, which may be time consuming and oftentimes pointless due to players not checking forums after applying.

At times, the recruitment time would message worthy candidates who may have been denied during this cycle for tips to improve on, alongside rejected interviewees with why they have been denied but not to be discouraged.

Furthermore, this system may not be effective as sometimes some applications may be kept behind for consideration later on, which may exceed the two week threshold currently set. This is so the recruitment team are able to discuss this further.

If you do not get a reply and believe you have been denied, try and reflect upon yourself - what do you think caused you to be denied? Was it your forum activity? Report count? Have you read the helper requirements and FAQ and understood the requirements? What can you improve on in the future? There is always something anyone can work on.

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hi! While this would be a great feature to have, it may be extremely time consuming with the current system as we would have to manually reply to them using the forums, which may be time consuming and oftentimes pointless due to players not checking forums after applying.

At times, the recruitment time would message worthy candidates who may have been denied during this cycle for tips to improve on, alongside rejected interviewees with why they have been denied but not to be discouraged.

Furthermore, this system may not be effective as sometimes some applications may be kept behind for consideration later on, which may exceed the two week threshold currently set. This is so the recruitment team are able to discuss this further.

If you do not get a reply and believe you have been denied, try and reflect upon yourself - what do you think caused you to be denied? Was it your forum activity? Report count? Have you read the helper requirements and FAQ and understood the requirements? What can you improve on in the future? There is always something anyone can work on.
Can't the Developers make a tool to send a message to the player on the forums, or something?

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hello, I'm soon going to apply for Helper, and I have a new suggestion.
If you apply for Helper, you have to fill in a Google Form, and have to wait for the reply whether you're accepted or not.
But if you are not selected for the Helper rank, you don't recieve any replies, only if you are accepted.
I think some staff can send the applicants a message back like: 'Thank you for your apply but you will unfortunately not become a Helper.' It's also a form of kindness to their sollicitants. I think this will be a nice idea, so now players can know when their apply is accepted or not, and otherwise you have to wait a (long) time, and maybe in that time the apply is already rejected.
Some friends of mine who have applied have gotten a message saying something along the lines of "Your application really stood out but we are not convinced because .."

The problem is though, it's impossible to send this to every applicant, it should only be sent to those who absolutely stood out but just aren't ready yet :D

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
That moment when you want to apply for helper but you have recently received a ban for cheating..

My opinion on the suggestion: No, no, and no, because it will take too much time to send that message to every applicant with 0 messages and 0 months of forums activity. As a good candidate you know when you're ready for the job, so if you don't get a response on your application, you know you should re-evaluate certain things.
Some friends of mine who have applied have gotten a message saying something along the lines of "Your application really stood out but we are not convinced because .."

The problem is though, it's impossible to send this to every applicant, it should only be sent to those who absolutely stood out but just aren't ready yet :D
^^ It would be nice if the staff team continues to send these messages to those who really stand out, but are not ready for the job yet. I remember that the team did that when tacos was staff manager, but I don't know if they still do that though.

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
That moment when you want to apply for helper but you have recently received a ban for cheating..

My opinion on the suggestion: No, no, and no, because it will take too much time to send that message to every applicant with 0 messages and 0 months of forums activity. As a good candidate you know when you're ready for the job, so if you don't get a response on your application, you know you should re-evaluate certain things.

^^ It would be nice if the staff team continues to send these messages to those who really stand out, but are not ready for the job yet. I remember that the team did that when tacos was staff manager, but I don't know if they still do that though.
It wouldn't take much time. If 3 staff members are handling the Helper applies, it takes +- 30 seconds to send someone a message, you can just copy it. If 10 members apply everyday, it takes 100 seconds per staff member per day. Like wow, that's not too much time okay.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
It wouldn't take much time. If 3 staff members are handling the Helper applies, it takes +- 30 seconds to send someone a message, you can just copy it. If 10 members apply everyday, it takes 100 seconds per staff member per day. Like wow, that's not too much time okay.
How did you get those numbers? And it's not necessary, because
"As a good candidate you know when you're ready for the job, so if you don't get a response on your application, you know you should re-evaluate certain things."

(Btw don't bother applying because they probably won't accept you due to your recent ban)

Reactions: Chitter and Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
The whole point of these messages would be giving extensive feedback, thus copy-pasting doesn't make any sense

Reactions: remio

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
The whole point of these messages would be giving extensive feedback, thus copy-pasting doesn't make any sense
It's not about the feedback what I'm talking about. It is about the idea that someone know if he's getting the helper rank or not. (Maybe with a bit of feedback.)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Halloween Zoomed.png

I miss spooky season :(