Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
As most of you know, on Cubecraft's discord there is a section called "#staff-help". This is for players who require staff assistance go and get help. However, some people have to wait a while to get a response if staff are busy. To add to that, there is always a person who wants to help, but can't because they'll get yelled at by a mod or something.

Basically, what I am suggesting is a "#help" channel on discord. This is for all of the people who have questions that can be answered by anyone, including non-staff members. This channel will mainly be for general help, like "Where is the cubecraft store?" - I'm pretty sure anyone with brain cells can answer that. And also gameplay stuff like "Do any of you guys have a good strategy for eggwars?" Other questions like "Where can I appeal?" can be asked aswell if no staff are answering in staff help.

The only thing that might be extremely aggravating is all of the wannabes just literally stalking that channel waiting for someone to ask a question.

This channel also may seem a little useless though, as people can just ask in #english or something.

idrc if this doesn't get that much support but it's an idea that just came into my head ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Normally when someone does not respond in staff-help, they tend to go to English or someone in English will tag and respond to their question faster than staff do. Adding a help channel, to me, seems like useless clutter.
Furthermore, asking for things like EggWars strategies would be more of a forums discussing rather than something on Discord. People post strategies on here which can be linked to them. :]

Reactions: XiiKa and Buuuddy

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Where do we draw the line between questions that need actual staff help and questions that can be answered by anyone?

Some questions may seem innocent with answer that are widely known, however, to prevent any false information from being spread, opening up assistance channels to the community itself would be a bad move. o_O

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Where do we draw the line between questions that need actual staff help and questions that can be answered by anyone?
Yeah I was thinking about that when making this thread.
I don't really have a good answer for this either

Reactions: Buuuddy

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Aside everything Youn & Buuuddy said, there's also the accuracy problem. Sure, players could have a question regarding Cube, but who knows when staff now it better than members do sometimes? What if there was an unmentioned changed somewhere?
A help channel would be cool and all, but it'd have to be a channel where staff would need to moderate it to make sure that there's no false information being spread about. This was also the reason why staff-help is limited to staff being the only ones allowed to answer questions.
If you want to, just tag players in another channel and give them the answer there. It may seem annoying, but it's allowed nonetheless.

Reactions: Buuuddy
D

Deleted member 169486

This channel also may seem a little useless though, as people can just ask in #english or something.
Only issue with that is sometimes chat moves really fast and your question can get ignored/missed.

Reactions: Deeds

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
As most of you know, on Cubecraft's discord there is a section called "#staff-help". This is for players who require staff assistance go and get help. However, some people have to wait a while to get a response if staff are busy. To add to that, there is always a person who wants to help, but can't because they'll get yelled at by a mod or something.

Basically, what I am suggesting is a "#help" channel on discord. This is for all of the people who have questions that can be answered by anyone, including non-staff members. This channel will mainly be for general help, like "Where is the cubecraft store?" - I'm pretty sure anyone with brain cells can answer that. And also gameplay stuff like "Do any of you guys have a good strategy for eggwars?" Other questions like "Where can I appeal?" can be asked aswell if no staff are answering in staff help.

The only thing that might be extremely aggravating is all of the wannabes just literally stalking that channel waiting for someone to ask a question.

idrc if this doesn't get that much support but it's an idea that just came into my head ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Doesn't sound like a terrible idea. It has a big flaw though. The one I can say off the top of my head is false information. Players could give out false information and get the player in trouble depending on their question. If their question is something other than "Is ___ bannable?" then idk.

D

Deleted member 169486

Doesn't sound like a terrible idea. It has a big flaw though. The one I can say off the top of my head is false information. Players could give out false information and get the player in trouble depending on their question. If their question is something other than "Is ___ bannable?" then idk.
But tagging them in #english and saying it will have the same effect.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Happy Birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on whyally's profile.
Welcome the forums and happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂🎈
Xi1m wrote on Hqteful's profile.