• No

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 352903

Install it yourself?
Y'know that the whole "use it yourself if you don't like how powerful it is" argument is completely nonsense, right?
That's the equivalent of saying "if you hate cannibal in sg because it's overpowered, then just pick it as well" before the SG update nerfed it.

Health/damage indicators are a huge advantage. I'd love to have them scrambled.

Reactions: Lezappen

Calvin

Jul 27, 2015
I totally understand you, But people can still use mods (Labymod, Etc.) to see your health. But still, It is just a tactic, and people use their own tactics to win the game. :) AND it won't stop cleaning tho

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I agree, but not necessarily in regards with Battle Zone, i don't mind the possiblity of being cleaned, it might be salt inducing but it's a real (scumbag-ish) strategy everyone can use. Besides, everyone can see each others health in Battle Zone so it all seems fair to me. The games i would like to see this fixed/changed are all the other games where this isn't made default for everyone (cause in that cause it would of course be an unfair advantage to have), which i'm pretty sure is basically every game aside from Battle Zone

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I totally understand you, But people can still use mods (Labymod, Etc.) to see your health. But still, It is just a tactic, and people use their own tactics to win the game. :) AND it won't stop cleaning tho
Scrambling their health display server side means there is no way a client can see their health.

Reactions: Calvin

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I used damage indicators for a while. Funny thing is, you can see damage and regeneration particles through walls. That means, if someone was trying to hide from me to heal, I can see them. Fair, isn't it? I uninstalled it after a while because A. it made me feel like too much of a tryhard, and B. it makes the game less fun to have such a big advantage.
Mine only shows someone's health when I can see that entity and when they're inside my attack range. So it really depends on which Damage Indicator you use.

Anyway there are only tree possible solutions that I can think of:
1. Implement Health Indicators in every game. (Which I'm a huge fan of)
2. Add restraints to users who use Damage Indicators. For example:
(The mod is not allowed to show someone's health through walls, the mod can't show someone's health from long distances, etc.)
3. Ban Damage indicators from Cubecraft.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
@Spuuuni Actually using cannibal when it was OP was smart, it's not abusing but using something :)
I don't see the point here. Cannibal was OP, and was nerfed because of it. The problem with that was that everyone could get the kit.
Just imagine it like this: Would you want cannibal to exist if players had to install a mod for it? Meaning that if you don't have the mod, you're at a disadvantage?

Damage indicators are also pretty powerful, and should be nerfed because of it. It offers huge gameplay advantages to those who install mods, and not everyone can use them since it's not a part of Cube in any way.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
1. Implement Health Indicators in every game. (Which I'm a huge fan of)
Would be nice too, but only next to their name (not in tab like some other servers, would also look messy with kills)
3. Ban Damage indicators from Cubecraft.
Causing a massive ban wave from people who report themself :v

Reactions: Despacito 2

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
hate this idea.
Ah, that is a very good point. I think all of our arguments have been rendered invalid with this. I wish I had taken this into mind before agreeing with such a horrible idea.
/s

A strong opinion needs facts to back it up. Please do bring some reasons as to why you dislike it.

werra11

Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2016
Friesland, The Netherlands.
www.werra11.eu
I sort of agree, it really gives you an advange in-game (I use it) But I don't think the advantage is so big that it should be against the rules.
Maybe a solution would be to add a health indicator for everyone (Like hypixel has)
The people who don't have a indicator right now would be happy because they can see health too without the mod installing "mess" and the people who allready have one would be happy because nothing is "taken away" from them.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Ah, that is a very good point. I think all of our arguments have been rendered invalid with this. I wish I had taken this into mind before agreeing with such a horrible idea.
/s

A strong opinion needs facts to back it up. Please do bring some reasons as to why you dislike it.
Opinions don't necessarily need facts, I agree reasons to back up your argument are good, there is no "wrong opinion"
The opinion of a person more often than not, is tied to their best interests, which are pretty clear in this case.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Opinions don't necessarily need facts, I agree reasons to back up your argument are good, there is no "wrong opinion"
The opinion of a person more often than not, is tied to their best interests, which are pretty clear in this case.
If you only state that you hate something, it serves no purpose whatsoever to the suggestion. Just saying something like "no I don't want it" doesn't even say anything about why the suggestion shouldn't be implemented. Sure, you can share your opinion, but in a suggestion thread, you've got to give some reasons to why you do/don't want something implemented. Just denying it without any reason is pointless.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
You dont. Plugins can scramble it though.
I'm pretty sure no plugin will ever defeat ALL health indicator mods.
Therefore, I think a better solution to even the playing field would be to just make it so that everyone has health indicators (hearts displayed above someone's head). That way there is no advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
I managed to put together a python script with the help of an AI friend of mine, I'm gonna make an updated version of the Global Reaction Score thread, this time, having counted all 352,348 forums users!!
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
pinterest is a gold mine ong
IMG_9017.jpeg
Skylanders! I remember that I bought this pack (not my picture.) For Skylanders Super Chargers I recall that I played the game with my parents and little sister it was a blast and I enjoyed every second of it. We bought more of them and collected even more of them. Replayed the game many times and the levels. Good memories xD
Screenbits 2024-04-29_205054.png
qKhalidd wrote on Mivke's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli
Did anyone else play Skylanders? I recently got it to work on my PC with a PS3 emulator and it's more fun than I remembered!!
Top Bottom