• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
If you can't see the difference between an health indicator and a hacked client, I really hope you will never handle my reports.
I was raising a point with the hacked client example. Your logic suggests that installing the advantage another player has is the right way to go, which is wrong. Not every player can install mods and not every player wants to, so those players are subjugated into a disadvantage indefinitely. We should be making our games accessible to everybody, including people who cannot install mods; they should have an even playing field with everybody.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I was raising a point with the hacked client example. Your logic suggests that installing the advantage another player has is the right way to go, which is wrong. Not every player can install mods and not every player wants to, so those players are subjugated into a disadvantage indefinitely. We should be making our games accessible to everybody, including people who cannot install mods; they should have an even playing field with everybody.

It was just a joke don't worry :)
Just to clarify, I agree completely with removing the health indicator. I sometimes experience disadvantage too, but I am too lazy to download. :)

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Mine only shows someone's health when I can see that entity and when they're inside my attack range. So it really depends on which Damage Indicator you use.

Anyway there are only tree possible solutions that I can think of:
1. Implement Health Indicators in every game. (Which I'm a huge fan of)
2. Add restraints to users who use Damage Indicators. For example:
(The mod is not allowed to show someone's health through walls, the mod can't show someone's health from long distances, etc.)
3. Ban Damage indicators from Cubecraft.

The other solution is for the server to scramble packet information sent to the client so that the client gets random values for the health, saturation, etc. of other players, so that damage indicators are useless. Personally, I think this is the best choice.

Reactions: A pigeon
A

A pigeon

The other solution is for the server to scramble packet information sent to the client so that the client gets random values for the health, saturation, etc. of other players, so that damage indicators are useless. Personally, I think this is the best choice.
This is what is probably going to be done. Im feeling the advantage that hp mod users have more and more everytime I play a game.

Can someone lock this thread now pls :c

Dutudy

Forum Veteran
Dec 22, 2016
Sweden ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
reports.cubecraft.net
Please don't post on thread as over 14 days (2 weeks) inactive @AnimalTamer1 @Capitan lock?

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Please do not necropost. Thanks!

Locked.

Reactions: Keanu
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Livvv wrote on Vunks's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ^-^
UncleSpect wrote on Kazwa's profile.
amazing banner kasper! like u :D