Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Add a separate reporting area for typo's & other similar things?

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the suggestions subforum filled with tiny suggestions like "fix this typo" "add a space here" "capitalize this".
At first I had no problems with it (Heck, I made a similar suggestion for the medal colour in parkour)m but now all I see is pointless things like this (No shade meant to be thrown, it's just an example).
And to be honest, it's not like having no space in between was intended in the first place, meaning it's unintended. Unintended problems on the server are mostly called bugs, right?

Anyways, the reason for it is simple: Me and lots of others have recently been getting fed up with seeing the suggestions subforum being spammed with low quality suggestions like that (which frankly don't even change gameplay at all). A typo/text issue just needs its own reporting area in order to ensure that the suggestions forum actually stays as a suggestions forum.
I get the impression that people are purposely making these things into suggestions just to see an implemented tag infront of it.

Alternatively, you can also mention somewhere that typo's and things of the sort are considered bugs too.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I voted no. I think this subforum is not needed, but I have another solution to prevent players from making those threads. Right now, the text under the "Suggestions" title says:
Post any of your server suggestions here! You are heard!
But couldn't it say this?
Post any of your server suggestions here! You are heard! If you want to report any bugs or unintended things, report them here.
This would be better in my opinion, since I don't think creating another subforum would really be needed, and instead of that, the team could just add a bold text which says the things I wrote above.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I voted no. I think this subforum is not needed, but I have another solution to prevent players from making those threads. Right now, the text under the "Suggestions" title says:
It's not a subforum. It's basically a branch in reports.cubecraft.net to report it at.

This would be better in my opinion, since I don't think creating another subforum would really be needed, and instead of that, the team could just add a bold text which says the things I wrote above.
Well I did also mention this:
Alternatively, you can also mention somewhere that typo's and things of the sort are considered bugs too.

I just didn't put it in the poll since it wasn't what really the suggestion.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
+1 it will decrease the number of pointless threads/threads that should be in the bug reports. But at the end of the day, its just a typo, not rly affecting gameplay.

D

Deleted member 100818

You forgot autolock those idiotic threads immediately after posting, but yes please

Reactions: A pigeon

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
These threads should be locked. That's it. I don't see every thread getting the 'Implemented' tag, and these types of threads will never get them to be honest.

Adding the branch seems really unnecessary since there a lot of ways these can be dealt with already. However they shouldn't take a long time to add.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Realistically a suggestion thread should only exist if there is discussion to be had, that's its purpose after all and this is a forum. All these things being suggested are bugs and should be reported as such. You don't need another section because they are bugs.

Reactions: Lilleh__
D

Deleted member 100818

Realistically a suggestion thread should only exist if there is discussion to be had, that's its purpose after all and this is a forum. All these things being suggested are bugs and should be reported as such. You don't need another section because they are bugs.
Not the "Pls change colour bcs i hate orange" suggestions. Those are annoying but not bugs. Those are suggestions to get implemented threads farmed to eventually get helper or just as a trophy.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom