Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
So, the Java network might be closed soon. So, I say that we should stop updating the Java network until we know that the network won't close, because some sort of update might come out only for the network to close a few months/weeks later and make all that development time be a waste. This would be similar to Blockwars duels on Java where they were released for about a month only to be removed on September 5th.

Thanks for reading :D

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
1. The Java network won't be closed soon
2. Updates are already halted
3. They are planning to update Java to 1.19
I'd recommend reading this thread
1. The requirements for Java to keep running is having a player count over 1K, the current player count is about 950.
2. According to the notion board the private games update and loot preview system updates are still being working on.
3. Ok that can happen, I just meant content updates not server-side stuff.
I read that thread.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
1. The requirements for Java to keep running is having a player count over 1K, the current player count is about 950.
2. According to the notion board the private games update and loot preview system updates are still being working on.
I read that thread.
I should also mention that during the weekend there, we did hit 1.1K players at most so we are still roughly hitting around 1K despite there being less gamemodes and having it been a couple of weeks since gamemodes were removed

Reactions: Rocks1

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
I should also mention that during the weekend there, we did hit 1.1K players at most so we are still roughly hitting around 1K despite there being less gamemodes and having it been a couple of weeks since gamemodes were removed
The server used to hit 1400 daily though. Also, for the server to continue they need more than 1K (so 1.1K) daily so it would still die down. And last night I logged on at around 6 PM PST in eggwars there were 8 people, so one person wanted to play eggwars but after looking at the player count decided it would take too long and left the server to go to hypixel, cubecraft will lose new players who are logging in for the first time only to not be able to get into games.

• Disagree
Reactions: Egg🥚

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
I read that thread.
The 1.19 update will bring more content and players (according to speculations by cube) with it. The team is currently only working on the 1.19 update according to the thread, the notion board has always been outdated and it most likely is now aswell.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
The 1.19 update will bring more content and players (according to speculations by cube) with it. The team is currently only working on the 1.19 update according to the thread, the notion board has always been outdated and it most likely is now aswell.
Honestly, the thing is if CubeCraft will have enough players to keep the server running by the time the 1.19 update comes out, sadly.

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
The favorite loot feature is being worked on for Java and it was last updated on the Notion site on September 9th, if they stopped working on it, they would write that somewhere or put it in scrapped instead of in progress. Also, what difference will 1.19 bring? New maps? Frogs? It's not that different from 1.12 tbh in my opinion.

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
I read that thread.
Ah yes, I remember private games!
My father was still young when they were added to the notion board, we have been following its progress for generations but the biggest update it ever got was that younisco was removed as team lead after his resignation...

Cube playercounts are doing better than I expected, they still get 1k every day, but I'm not sure for how long this will last since the community is important too and 85% quit over the last weeks.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
My father was still young when they were added to the notion board, we have been following its progress for generations but the biggest update it ever got was that younisco was removed as team lead after his resignation...
My childs will probably witness the release of the private games feature if they are lucky.

Reactions: Dreamer

Index

Jan 9, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't play CubeCraft a ton, but even I knew it would shutdown soon. The most players I've seen on at one time is about 300. Out of their 30,000 supposed player limit.

Sponta

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Spontania
Pronouns
He/Him

There is no official statement regarding the shutdown of CubeCraft Games on the Java Edition.​

Nevertheless, I can understand what you are saying here. The player rate dropped tremendously over the years. Unfortunately, it is, presumably, due to boredom or they move to larger communities. Every Minecraft server may consider closing its chapter at some point in time.

However, 1.19 will most likely bring a lot more to CubeCraft Games and its amusements. I doubt the team is currently considering the removal of Java Edition - it is ultimately the OG Minecraft. Raising rumors and speculations on how the CubeCraft Games team will proceed with the lack of players will only render poor publicity, people believing it, and an even higher decline of players. Whether it's a possibility or not, it's flawed promotion.

For now, it's better to stay calm and see how the team will roll with this problem.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom