Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

mismut

Jan 27, 2021
Czech Republic
Pronouns
He/Him
I can say the same thing about the Mushroom map tho. But it is true that on Volcano map it is the most annoying

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Other duel maps are pretty clear of obstacles and you can cut people off easily. On the volcano map there is just one gaint loop
You can run under the valcano
I love how you called me a clown ;)
I am not going to say you are, but I do not think his statement is being untruthful. Additionally playing a 1v1 Duels(The goal is in it's name, to 1v1)
It is called "Duels" not running simulator, if you wanted to run go play like Deathrun or something, not duels.

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
Maybe making some maps smaller could be better I guess? But some will probably keep running no matter what you do...

qoodles

Novice Member
May 27, 2020
the netherlands
You can run under the valcano

I am not going to say you are, but I do not think his statement is being untruthful. Additionally playing a 1v1 Duels(The goal is in it's name, to 1v1)
It is called "Duels" not running simulator, if you wanted to run go play like Deathrun or something, not duels.

The 4 points at the base are also loops and you can run around those too.

This guy was just upset that he got 8hped with 360s so this was his best attempt to protect his pride. Very understandable because no one likes to lose. But it has happened to me before that people will just run around like this, so that's why I made this thread

Maybe making some maps smaller could be better I guess? But some will probably keep running no matter what you do...

The smaller maps are much better because you can cut people off more easily. It would also be better if there weren't just huge obstacles in the center, but more like an open center with obstacles on the sides. For example with the flower, my opponent and I would just run the same way around it and try to come along on one side. Duels would just be so much better with open maps

Last edited:

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I actually havent thought or experienced someone running around. I mostly hate the barriers. I know they serve so you cant camp above on this map, but they make a bow kit almost useless. I don’t think it should be removed, but rather just revamped.

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
The smaller maps are much better because you can cut people off more easily. It would also be better if there weren't just huge obstacles in the center, but more like an open center with obstacles on the sides. For example with the flower, my opponent and I would just run the same way around it and try to come along on one side. Duels would just be so much better with open maps
Yea, something like that would be cool, but generally looking at all the servers many of them make larger maps for duels. Maybe they could try with some smaller maps and see what sticks better and how the community reacts to it. I do agree it's very nice and important to have some variation in maps, but for pure PVP more open space could very likely be beneficial for quite a lot of players.

I actually havent thought or experienced someone running around. I mostly hate the barriers. I know they serve so you cant camp above on this map, but they make a bow kit almost useless. I don’t think it should be removed, but rather just revamped.
I really don't play duels a lot and haven't been here long, so I personally haven't experienced this yet, but I do have experiences from people running from other servers. I do support limiting players not being able to build too high, but I realise that fall damage is often pretty much the main selling point of using bows. But as mentioned it's not always easy finding a golden middle and there also aren't bows in every duel.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey it looks like it’s been fixed! It’s all flat now, no volcano there at all! Plays much better

Attachments

• 9CA28D29-AA05-40A0-B279-19EA05D519E9.jpeg
    9CA28D29-AA05-40A0-B279-19EA05D519E9.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 0726017A-6A7F-47AF-B94E-8A987A3AE276.jpeg
    0726017A-6A7F-47AF-B94E-8A987A3AE276.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Angry
Reactions: GiGaGekkies

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
Yes It WILL matter because enemy always runs until timer ends so smaller map could be the best option. :-)
It is something they could probably look into, maybe in another Duels update or if we create a new Suggestion and it gets enough support to get implemented. But yea, smaller maps would be nice from a PvP aspect and they could also keep quite a lot of their pretty surrounding.

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
This suggestion has been implemented if I'm correct? Staff?
Hey, I'm not exactly a staff member, but check out the post from @-pokemondjs7- who attached a few screenshots of how the map looks with the removed Vulcano. So yea, it has been implemented

Hey it looks like it’s been fixed! It’s all flat now, no volcano there at all! Plays much better

Reactions: Matriox and Silco
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom