Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Power

Nov 4, 2021
Hi,
I just noticed recently whenever a game started, a message would pop up saying: "Team chat has been enabled. To talk in Global chat put ! in front of you message." My suggestion is: to make Team chat use "!" at the start of a message instead of Global chat using it. I've never used Team chat, and I don't think most people will use it much. I, and many people use Global chat exceedingly more than Team chat, and I think changing it so that Team chat uses "!" is better than having Global chat use it.
Thanks,
Power.
1637001153275.png

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
We have used ! to send a message in global chat for a very long time, so I don't think it should change as it would be very confusing. Plus, just because you don't use team chat more than global chat doesn't mean that everyone does.

Power

Nov 4, 2021
We have used ! to send a message in global chat for a very long time, so I don't think it should change as it would be very confusing. Plus, just because you don't use team chat more than global chat doesn't mean that everyone does.
Just to note, this is bedrock I'm talking about. I even had a tagged it "Bedrock".
This system is new in bedrock edition, as far as I'm concerned. I've never gotten this message in CubeCraft in my year of playing, so I guess it would be a safe bet to assume that it is new in Bedrock edition.
"Plus, just because you don't use team chat more than global chat doesn't mean that everyone does." I understand that very well, and I even thought about it for a while before posting. The only subjects I have to ask are: myself, and my friends. I don't have all of CubeCraft to ask whether they prefer "!" before Global chat or before Team chat, that's why I generalized, as everybody I knew that played CubeCraft didn't like having to write "!" before Global chat, and would prefer it the other way around.
Thanks again,
Power.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Just to note, this is bedrock I'm talking about. I even had a tagged it "Bedrock".
This system is new in bedrock edition, as far as I'm concerned. I've never gotten this message in CubeCraft in my year of playing, so I guess it would be a safe bet to assume that it is new in Bedrock edition.
Yes this is a new feature on Bedrock. If you are willing to, you can find the 'announcement' at: https://discord.com/channels/174837853778345984/753581142203957309/909883048638697513
"Plus, just because you don't use team chat more than global chat doesn't mean that everyone does." I understand that very well, and I even thought about it for a while before posting. The only subjects I have to ask are: myself, and my friends. I don't have all of CubeCraft to ask whether they prefer "!" before Global chat or before Team chat, that's why I generalized, as everybody I knew that played CubeCraft didn't like having to write "!" before Global chat, and would prefer it the other way around.
While there may be players who don't like the idea of talking in team chat and having to put a '!' before their message gets send in the global chat, I agree with Lyri. This method of talking in either team or global chat is the exact same as how it is on Java. As far as I have heard, noone has a problem with this method and talks more in team chat than in global chat. Therefore it's better to talk automatically in team chat and when someone wants to say something in global, they can put a '!' before their message imo.
I think we have to wait a few weeks until people are used to this new 'update'. At that moment people are able to tell what they liked more, since they have been able to try both methods then.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Top Bottom