Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cuteee

Well, a lot of people got banned of the cubecraft discord. People sometimes are really bad and enjoy insulting people.
But people should deserve a second chance. Like people that get permanently muted they have sometimes their last chance, you should do the same on the discord. It's really unfair that for some day that you were acting bad you gotta suffer all the staid on cube.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
You can message a staff member about it. Also If you get banned, you should get warned for it, depends on the situation. I also got a second chance on the cubecraft discord, so I guess it’s about what the situation is.

C

Cuteee

You can message a staff member about it. Also If you get banned, you should get warned for it, depends on the situation. I also got a second chance on the cubecraft discord, so I guess it’s about what the situation is.
Staff jut say 'Nothing can be done'. It's not about how bad you did, it's about people it's able to mature, and people it's able to change and regret their acts.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Staff jut say 'Nothing can be done'. It's not about how bad you did, it's about people it's able to mature, and people it's able to change and regret their acts.
They didn’t said that to me.

Anyway, I would like to give them a second chance, but it needs to depends on the situation.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
Stuff like that is on a case by case basis. We usually give players at least a couple chances before banning them completely, unless they are doing some major spamming/swearing/advertising.

Reactions: Tacosbefriends
C

Cuteee

Stuff like that is on a case by case basis. We usually give players at least a couple chances before banning them completely, unless they are doing some major spamming/swearing/advertising.
So? People usually regret their acts and mature after that. It's not fair that people that changed their behaiviour in a good way has to keep a punishment that they regret, you could add a discord appeals. Or just don't perm ban people.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
So? People usually regret their acts and mature after that. It's not fair that people that changed their behaiviour in a good way has to keep a punishment that they regret, you could add a discord appeals. Or just don't perm ban people.
There are some that do things just to annoy others, which really don't deserve a second chance.

Though, I think you could be missing the point that I made. We give most people (depending on what they do) at least 2-3 (or more) chances to stop before being kicked or banned. They can choose to stop what they are doing at any time, yet more than likely they choose to continue. Also, once a player is banned from the discord, if they truly have changed and want to be allowed another chance on the discord, they can go to a staff member and give something like an appeal. Though, they are not guaranteed to be unbanned.

Also, there's not a way to set certain ban times on discord without any form of bot.

xRabbitGaming

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Not where I want to be
xrabbitgaming.com
If there's people that regret their actions, they shouldn't have taken those actions in the first place, there's rules to follow, and if they don't follow those rules, they get warnings, some people learn from those warnings (I guess that is why Snodia said they get a couple of chances), and they can lead up to a ban and/or kick from the Discord server, so no I don't believe in second chances.

There's even people with more than 4-5 chances (don't judge me, I remember things) and they're still on the Discord server and also still breaking rules every now and then.

C

Cuteee

/
There are some that do things just to annoy others, which really don't deserve a second chance.

Though, I think you could be missing the point that I made. We give most people (depending on what they do) at least 2-3 (or more) chances to stop before being kicked or banned. They can choose to stop what they are doing at any time, yet more than likely they choose to continue. Also, once a player is banned from the discord, if they truly have changed and want to be allowed another chance on the discord, they can go to a staff member and give something like an appeal. Though, they are not guaranteed to be unbanned.

Also, there's not a way to set certain ban times on discord without any form of bot.
I think you're missing muy point. PEOPLE CHANGE WITH THE TIME. That's why a warning they got 6 months ago didn't makes any sense on then, but it does now. People learns of their actions and people usually don't take that serious a warning. That's probably why people keep breaking the rules till they get banned and regret their actions.
People likes annoying other people, yes, but usually when people get banned they learn that it's not good what they're doing. Anyways lock this. Seems like CubeCraft moderation team ain't interested to forgive the people that did bad in the past.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
/

I think you're missing muy point. PEOPLE CHANGE WITH THE TIME. That's why a warning they got 6 months ago didn't makes any sense on then, but it does now. People learns of their actions and people usually don't take that serious a warning. That's probably why people keep breaking the rules till they get banned and regret their actions.
People likes annoying other people, yes, but usually when people get banned they learn that it's not good what they're doing. Anyways lock this. Seems like CubeCraft moderation team ain't interested to forgive the people that did bad in the past.
I never said anything about us not unbanning people from the discord. All they have to do is go to a staff and they can have their issue looked into. We do understand that people change and that they may want another chance to talk with others of the community, though I rarely hear of players actually going to staff and apologizing for what they did and asking for another chance. Yet, all I ever do see is players complaining publicly or their friends complain that they can't use the discord and that someone should unban them, when it's much simpler for the player that is banned to be the one to politely go to a staff and see about getting unbanned.

Reactions: ItsDavey_

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
/

There are consequences for actions. If there are no consequences, what is there to motivate people to follow the rules and better themselves? If people see that we just unban people because they said "I'm sorry, I won't do it again", then people will think they can get off easy for breaking the rules, which leads to more and more rule breaking. There has to be a time where enough is enough and we don't allow them back.

With that said, we do give lots of warnings and do unban people if we feel they are sorry, but they have to be very honest and genuine. Though if they break the rules again (which happens a lot, because most people do not learn), they likely won't receive another chance.

If you want to believe we are cold-hearted people who are completely uncaring and never give second chances, go right ahead, but I assure you that we try our hardest to give the right people (those who do learn) a second chance.

~Locked as requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Basketman wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Tripleee wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom