Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

may cubecraft come back to 1.8?

• Total voters

JoseDaGamer

Oct 9, 2015
Colombia
www.youtube.com
I always play in cubecraft games network but the pvp of the 1.9 is anoying and borring beacouse of this i suggest the server be able to come back to the 1.8 minecraft version its mean that the player can play in both version or both kind of pvp to play in the skywars and eggwars in pvp of 1.8 or 1.9 minecraft version but also a reason to do this is beacouse the jeater click and block hitting of 1.8 and 1.7 doesnt works in cubecraft 1.9 even if the pvp of the game is 1.8 that does borring play in this server, but i remember i love cubecraft buildings and minigames and never be able to leave the server :) i suggest to put cubecraft to both mincraft versions

mastanub

Aug 26, 2016
Bad idea... You said that even on 1.8 (classic) you cant block... How about shield? (thats ss for people that still spam in 1.9 combat lol)
upload_2016-8-30_0-26-50.png

Reactions: Daaaan

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
I always play in cubecraft games network but the pvp of the 1.9 is anoying and borring beacouse of this i suggest the server be able to come back to the 1.8 minecraft version its mean that the player can play in both version or both kind of pvp to play in the skywars and eggwars in pvp of 1.8 or 1.9 minecraft version but also a reason to do this is beacouse the jeater click and block hitting of 1.8 and 1.7 doesnt works in cubecraft 1.9 even if the pvp of the game is 1.8 that does borring play in this server, but i remember i love cubecraft buildings and minigames and never be able to leave the server :) i suggest to put cubecraft to both mincraft versions
1. Cubecraft is never returning to 1.8. 2. The 1.8 modes still have the same premise, and block hitting is still present in the way of shields, I don't have anything against jitter clicking though.

JoseDaGamer

Oct 9, 2015
Colombia
www.youtube.com
Bad idea... You said that even on 1.8 (classic) you cant block... How about shield? (thats ss for people that still spam in 1.9 combat lol)View attachment 108184
in 1.8 duel or pvp style you cant to do giter or block hitting to fight with others player and in the last months people was leaving the servers to play in badlion or related that beacouse of the pvp the 1.9 i suggest to cubecraft be able to enter in both versions not only in 1.9 and 1.10

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
This won't happen, I cant say I wouldn't like it if it did because most of the best cube memories I have come from when it was 1.8 but I think cubecraft took a step in the right direction when it updated to 1.9/10.
I think of 1.9 PvP as more "something to get used" to than being boring because once you get used to it, it can be pretty fun.

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
Don't quote me on this, but I think Mojang is forcing servers to update to 1.9 and up. Again this could be completely wrong.

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
nooooooooooo 1.9 is better because hackers cant win in 1.9 :P

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
First off, Cube has some 1.8-style PvP. What makes Cube unique is that of the 3 most popular servers, Cube is the only server with full 1.9+ support and PvP. No other densely populated servers not even Mineplex or Hypixel, have 1.9 PvP. The closest they have is 1.9+ compatibility, but PvP is still 1.8. You can still spamclick in 1.9, but don't expect much unless you spamclick the enemy into environmental hazards.

Every time I see these threads, it makes me sick. I'll cite two quotes a 1.8 player wrote on a different forum. It was quite clear he had no clue what he was talking about:

"But you aren't mad with the stone axe being the best weapon in the game now."
"Comboing is not possible anymore, if you try it you will deal almost zero damage. And when did we ever say '1.9 sucks because I can not run up to players?'"

I will leave it to you to answer why these statements are not correct.

Here's what happens if Cube reverts to 1.8:

-No elytra
-No more complex PvP tactics. For example, airshots were VERY situational in 1.8 (only applying to falling players). Heck, because of that it was impractical and not used prior to 1.9. 1.9 made landing those hits much more rewarding in elytra PvP.
-No new blocks
-Loses its PvP specialty to other servers. 1.8 is "everyone has this," but we can't say the same for 1.9+.
-Certain plugins/cmds were introduced in 1.9
-More bugs. A lot of bugs were fixed when 1.9 was released. For example, the "hidden button behind stairs" glitch was fixed.
-PvP was based on "whoever had the best mouse and CPS." Note that any good PvP system such as TF2's would have it balanced and NOT based on CPS. Additionally jitter clicking hurts the user's wrists and damages the mouse faster.
-Hacking is much harder to spot in 1.8, even harder if someone has a ghost client. Heck, I have to watch videos at 0.25 and/or 0.5 speed to triple check if the offender is actually hacking or not. In 1.9, all I need to know is the sounds of his swings (loud swing = crit), when he swings, and what he's doing.

OP, I would like you to think about this question: what do you find fun with old things? Have you put at least a few hours (not 1-2) of 1.9 PvP? It's not too hard to get started with the basics and most of the PvP tactics from 1.8 carry over to 1.9.

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
-No more complex PvP tactics.
@Moooofin about this. I cri everi tiem.
CubeCraft, as off right now, won't go back to 1.8.
There has been invented 1.8 modes to stay on the feeling of 1.8. Of course, it isn't the same. But it does the trick.

Top Bottom