CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
New voting option: Generator speed:
Normal speed (1x)
Fast (2x)
Insane (4x)

It would be an interesting feature and could change the gameplay in fun and unique ways. It's completely optional so if you don't like it you can always vote for Normal speed.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Maybe instead of insane being 4x speed there could be 0.75 as hardcore, or maybe both otherwise would be cool.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
This would make any OP game a nightmare to be honest. Everyone would be able to run by a gen in the middle of a fight and then buy a fresh set of iron, just to do it again after another 2 minutes. The first ones to mid would pretty much instantly be able to mid camp with a punch bow too. And that would probably apply to all maps if you're fast enough.

Reactions: SpringWarz

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
This would make any OP game a nightmare to be honest. Everyone would be able to run by a gen in the middle of a fight and then buy a fresh set of iron, just to do it again after another 2 minutes. The first ones to mid would pretty much instantly be able to mid camp with a punch bow too. And that would probably apply to all maps if you're fast enough.
mid camping is already a problem though. If anything having your home diamond generator be faster will probably make the difference in gear smaller since the prices and time it takes to build somewhere stay the same, giving the non-midcampers a higher chance of surviving.

And again, if everyone hates it they can just vote normal speed.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
mid camping is already a problem though. If anything having your home diamond generator be faster will probably make the difference in gear smaller since the prices and time it takes to build somewhere stay the same, giving the non-midcampers a higher chance of surviving.
All you really have to do is be at mid first (which isn't difficult if you go completely naked) and run back to purchase a bow. Most would've just started bridging by the time you're back with a bow anyways.

And again, if everyone hates it they can just vote normal speed.
We all know how that worked out with No Projectiles in Skywars.

F

Facelurite

Maybe instead of insane being 4x speed there could be 0.75 as hardcore, or maybe both otherwise would be cool.
Lowing something diwn doesnt make it hard, it makes it boring.
New voting option: Generator speed:
Normal speed (1x)
Fast (2x)
Insane (4x)

It would be an interesting feature and could change the gameplay in fun and unique ways. It's completely optional so if you don't like it you can always vote for Normal speed.
Basically maxed out generators from the very beggining. Yuck, I wouldn’t want this, with he current gen stuff theres progression, people are vulnerable. With this, one trip to mid and you’re set. Takes away the aspect of using a generator colllecting stuff, buying armour whilst making sure the egg doesnt break or raiding ither bases without caring for the egg. People would just keep buying stuff indiscriminately mid fight, regearing becomes too easy.

damt983

Nov 14, 2016
Madrid, Spain
Its a good idea but i think that instead of x4 normal mode or a bit slower.
It would be funny seeing how different is doing a bridge or trying to escape of a lava hahahaha.

qwertplaysmc

Novice Member
Dec 8, 2017
erh time 4 speed? Please no thats way to quick as suggested by: @effot 0.75 would be cool as hardcore. With some tweaks this is a really cool idea!

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Most would've just started bridging by the time you're back with a bow anyways.
Or wouldn't. You have no solid proof of this.
We all know how that worked out with No Projectiles in Skywars.
Not necessarily a bad thing.
Maybe they should add this for a week and then see how it gets supported by the community ;)
exactly what harm could testing it do? Maybe put it in the beta lobby who knows

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Or wouldn't. You have no solid proof of this.
I believe you'd know this better than anyone. Mid camping is ridiculously easy to do, and if you wanted to, you could get a punch bow in about a minute. Most teams don't even gear up sufficiently in 3 minutes, and I can conclude that because that's the case in almost all of my 2000+ games.

Not necessarily a bad thing.
No projectiles was the worst thing that ever happened to Skywars.
Like it, dislike it, you don't have a choice but to play it.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I believe you'd know this better than anyone. Mid camping is ridiculously easy to do, and if you wanted to, you could get a punch bow in about a minute. Most teams don't even gear up sufficiently in 3 minutes, and I can conclude that because that's the case in almost all of my 2000+ games.
diamond generators aren't the only generators. Iron generators will work faster too so those whole 3 minutes will be a lot shorter. The time to build towards mid doesn't change, so in perspective it makes it harder to pull off.
If that was the case people wouldn't vote for it.

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement

Like it, dislike it, you don't have a choice but to play it.

No Projectiles was a good option. You can just build bridges without derps constantly shooting so you have to build a bridge with a wall..

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Imagine if there was a voting option to choose between Minecraft and Pubg at the start of each game. I guess many players would vote to play Pubg and there's nothing wrong with that, but it would still be a pretty bad idea, if it was technically possible. Let players decide what game they want to play.

Last edited:

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Very bad. :mad:
I don't like voting options, pretty much anywhere. I get that they need something to sell to make money, but other than that it's an anti feature not to be able to select the game you want to play.
Voting options make every game different. Less repitition.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
diamond generators aren't the only generators. Iron generators will work faster too so those whole 3 minutes will be a lot shorter. The time to build towards mid doesn't change, so in perspective it makes it harder to pull off.
Although that's probably true, it doesn't change the fact that you're able to get a punch bow much quicker than usual on any map. Faster gens = faster gens = less waiting time after you pick up the max cap = faster punch bow, which all means it takes way less time than usual to set up shop to start mid camping.
Heck, you'd be able to equip everyone with punch bows much quicker, and with iron armour too. You'd be able to control mid and make your base an impenetrable fortress in the course of 5 minutes. Casual players wouldn't stand a chance.

Aight, the no projectile talk is going completely off topic, but:
The problem doesn't lie in it being a bad mode, but rather the fact that it's a votable option. Quite a lot of people like it, and almost everyone votes for it. You're pretty much bound to get into a game with a rank almost every game of solo SW you play, and all of them vote no projectiles. What's worse, is that with a tie between normal proj and no proj, it picks no proj anyways.
If you don't like no projectiles, you're screwed and pretty much forced to play it whether you like it or not. This makes skywars unplayable.

No Projectiles was a good option. You can just build bridges without derps constantly shooting so you have to build a bridge with a wall..
Honestly, the best thing I can say against this is: git gud.
I'm not asking them to remove no projectiles, but rather to make it a separate board. It's simply impossible to play normal projectiles.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
Top Bottom