Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should gapple prices drop down to 2 instead of the current price of 3?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No. (Explain why in your response.)

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Okay, time for a real suggestion.

As we all know, gapple prices used to be 1 gold a piece in Overpowered. This was problematic, because far too many people would spam them. All you needed was 64 gold, which on big maps like Teaparty, is easy to farm, and bam, you have an entire stack of golden apples. This lead to the change in price of 1 gold, to 3.

The idea of increasing the price is very reasonable, however it has increased to too much gold for just one.

I believe golden apples should be two gold.
Here's why:
Gold is a utility style resource. It isn't mandatory you collect it to win games. However, 90% of all players will spend gold in one game, whether it's on obsidian, golden apples, arrows, even TNT.

When people farm gold, they usually do it with the intention of buying arrows and golden apples. Now, arrow prices are just fine - however, as those people are going to buy both arrows and golden apples, they need to collect a lot more gold to get a sizeable amount of golden apples and arrows. This means a lot more time is spent farming gold to buy these items.

By making it 3, it has increased the amount of people spending their diamonds on Notch apples, as opposed to regular gapples. The best solution is to meet the pricing half way. Let's not have the price be too expensive as it is now (3). Let's reduce it to 2. It may seem like a small change, but it adds up, the more and more gapples you purchase.

Let me know why you believe the price should remain if you disagree.

Thanks.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I disagree,
When people farm gold, they usually do it with the intention of buying arrows and golden apples. Now, arrow prices are just fine - however, as those people are going to buy both arrows and golden apples, they need to collect a lot more gold to get a sizeable amount of golden apples and arrows. This means a lot more time is spent farming gold to buy these items.
That’s the whole point of it. People got stacks of apples and it was real hard to kill them. Now they have to make a choice, attack enemies that are still weak, or collect golden apples while the enemies get stronger too. Also you have a golden apple kit which gives you 2 of them.

By making it 3, it has increased the amount of people spending their diamonds on Notch apples, as opposed to regular gapples. The best solution is to meet the pricing half way. Let's not have the price be too expensive as it is now (3). Let's reduce it to 2. It may seem like a small change, but it adds up, the more and more gapples you purchase.
I’ve barely seen notch apples and I’ve barely bought them. The one time I bought them in the past 3 months was with @Keanu when the other team had full dia, punch bows and etc.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
I disagree,

That’s the whole point of it. People got stacks of apples and it was real hard to kill them. Now they have to make a choice, attack enemies that are still weak, or collect golden apples while the enemies get stronger too. Also you have a golden apple kit which gives you 2 of them.

I’ve barely seen notch apples and I’ve barely bought them. The one time I bought them in the past 3 months was with @Keanu when the other team had full dia, punch bows and etc.

The kit is fine and good, however not everybody uses that kit. I use moneybags so I can collect iron in case my teammates take the first burst/hog a generator.
The idea of the suggestion is to work both ways, in a sense that everybody's playstyles are equally fair.
Notch apples may not be common to you, but they're common to many others. Anecdotal experiences aren't what determine Notch apples from not being around.

It was a pain to kill people who chugged gaps, but now it's a pain to get gapples, hence why I suggest meeting the price half way by making it so that people don't spam them but don't find it a pain in the ass to collect them.

It is overpowered mode - many people neglect the fact that the items are ridiculously cheap and easy to obtain. There's no reason people should struggle to get the items they want. One gold per apple was just too cheap, especially if you consider the existence of triple health and double health, which is why it even went up.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
The kit is fine and good, however not everybody uses that kit. I use moneybags so I can collect iron in case my teammates take the first birst/hog a generator.
That’s the whole point of it. We also don’t have a swordsman and iron golem kit at once at SW, dia armor and sword kit at PvP. You chose something based on what suits you the best. The whole point of it is to help you a bit with your strategy, but not with everything. The gapple kit would become less used if the prices go down, which makes the balance different.

Anecdotal experiences aren't what determine Notch apples from not being around.
Never said they were not around. Just barely when i’m playing the game, which leads to my opinion that it’s barely used. I think that I have a fair sight on who’s buying mainly what after 4/5 years of eggwars experience.

It was a pain to kill people who chugged gaps, but now it's a pain to get gapples,
And why wouldn’t people chug gapples once again if the price is lowerd by a third? That means they get a third more gapples.

There's no reason people should struggle to get the items they want.
Reason: to let the game eventually end. If everyone has a stack of notch apples, enderpearls, 5 stacks or arrows, 1 punch bow, 3 full dia armor, 5 maxed out swords, the game would never end. That’s why people have to struggle for their things, but just less than in normal mode.

Jun 30, 2019
Marieke I’m sorry but are you a 1.8 player because I have never ever seen you on eggwars like ever and I play a lot GoddessTheEGirl is not my account btw. And the fact that you barely buy notch apples means that your a noob who’s never actually played a long game of eggwars. Good eggwars players actually like long fights instead of short 10 min games. If you like short games my guess is that you like rushing with a team that comepltetly overpowers the other teams so increasing gap price wouldn’t even matter bc your games gonna be short anyways

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
And the fact that you barely buy notch apples means that your a noob who’s never actually played a long game of eggwars.
The fact that I barely buy notch apples is because I’m most of the time better at PvP than my opponents, or that I rather spent those diamonds on armor and swords or other stuff.

Marieke I’m sorry but are you a 1.8 player because I have never ever seen you on eggwars like ever
Yeah because the server is only open on times and dates you play.

If you like short games my guess is that you like rushing with a team that comepltetly overpowers the other teams
I not particularly like short games, but games where people don’t build walls around their base, 10 layers of obsidian and spam with punch bows. The whole goal of the game is to destroy the opponents eggs and to kill them, not buying as much gapples as you can.

@Marieke2001 Honestly I have never seen you play eggwars you’re probably just trying to get back in the staff team.
How can I get back to the staff team when i’m still banned from the report site and bash management? Lmao. You should read some threads around here before making claims about people you don’t know

In case you don’t believe me, look at the attached files.

Attachments

• 9DE88C20-7F18-4F60-B707-ED65FBE31D7E.png
    9DE88C20-7F18-4F60-B707-ED65FBE31D7E.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 340

Mr Cryptic

Jun 29, 2019
Ignore this mariek kid, he’s just trying to get staff by spamming the forums with replies defending cube xD, it is a little obvious now!
As for your suggestion, I agree! Because of how expensive gapples are, the player with the most notch apples will just win the fight usually, because you have to gapple a less if you have a god apple on.
Ignore the non-eggwars-playing guy trying to get staff rank, notch apples are always used, I have seen them in almost every single game of OP team eggwars since the change in gapple price. Ignore the lies. Don’t entertain these liars.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
upload_2019-7-1_15-59-26.png

just trying to get staff by spamming the forums with replies defending cube xD, it is a little obvious now!
How am I defending CubeCraft itself? Nobody from management had claimed to disagree with this suggestion. Since when is disagreeing with things not allowed? And please read other replies to this thread
How can I get back to the staff team when i’m still banned from the report site and bash management? Lmao. You should read some threads around here before making claims about people you don’t know

Ignore the non-eggwars-playing guy trying to get staff rank,
http://prntscr.com/o92ns2 Still more than none

Jun 30, 2019
@Marieke2001 $100 that a game has never lasted longer than 30minutes for u without you raging and type /leave. Kid you know nothing about eggwars “bc I’m better at pvp then most players” yeh you probably get a party of decent 1.9 pvpers and go against spam clickers which is why gaps being expensive isn’t an issue for you. If you go against a good team trust me you’ll want gaps to be a bit cheaper. If you think you have fought a good team trust me you haven’t. I can already tell you barely play eggwars so instead of making inferences join the eggwars community discord and everyone will call u crazy. You’re probably one of those kids who say “1v1 Duels” after you get spanked or “Diamond sword! Vs stone sword!” After someone kills you with a dia sword or “Only reason you won bc u stacked COME DUELS”
Kid trust me u r not an eggwars player I have never seen u in eggwars but I have seen u in FFA plenty

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom