• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Alrighty, I noticed that if you scroll over the 'Select Map' GUI in solo gamemodes it gives you the name of the map and that's it. I've come up with a suggestion for it.

How about numbers are added in brackets like they are in team gamemodes showing how many people per team? Instead of it being a how many per team it could show the amount of players needed for the game to become full, like it does on the actual sign. I think it's something that's pretty simple but pretty useful. It's small but it can be great for parties. Knowing exactly how many people the map will fit is something I'd say is needed for people who do livestreams with the community such as myself.

Example photos:

What it's like now..
upload_2017-11-3_22-29-51.png

What it could be like..
upload_2017-11-3_22-30-35.png

What do you think? I've added a poll too.
Feedback is more than welcome!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I wouldn't mind a feature like this, but I do have a few questions. Would you want the slot number appear in the solo map selector in brackets? If it did, it'd be pretty confusing as there's something just like it on the team board indicating team sizes. Aside from that, it may cause confusion for the newer ranks who aren't used to how the map selection looks. They'd assume that the team map selector has the exact same thing, which would make it look like there's only 2, 3, or more player slots available in a map.
Aside from that, how would it tell you how many player slots are available if there are multiple solo games of the same map available at one time?

Reactions: Despacito 2

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
They'd assume that the team map selector has the exact same thing, which would make it look like there's only 2, 3, or more player slots available in a map.

I was thinking it could look more like this:
Jungle
Current Games: 2
Slots: <whatever the amount is>
Click to join!

Something along the lines of that? If you've got a better idea for it, please let me know.

how would it tell you how many player slots are available if there are multiple solo games of the same map available at one time?
I suggest if there are multiple it gives you a second menu and allows you to choose the desired map of that map (if that makes sense). May be worth making another thread about that?

Pitufo01

Novice Member
Mar 26, 2017
A Little Village Somewhere inPortugal
Alrighty, I noticed that if you scroll over the 'Select Map' GUI in solo gamemodes it gives you the name of the map and that's it. I've come up with a suggestion for it.

How about numbers are added in brackets like they are in team gamemodes showing how many people per team? Instead of it being a how many per team it could show the amount of players needed for the game to become full, like it does on the actual sign. I think it's something that's pretty simple but pretty useful. It's small but it can be great for parties. Knowing exactly how many people the map will fit is something I'd say is needed for people who do livestreams with the community such as myself.

Example photos:

What it's like now..
View attachment 139498

What it could be like..
View attachment 139499

Wow nice idea, i thoink it gonna be great if they put it

Reactions: DragonLord

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
I find it kind of pointless, but it is one of those things where it's like "Why not?"

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
I find it kind of pointless, but it is one of those things where it's like "Why not?"
What do you think could be changed or added to improve the suggestion? It's more for people who are doing things with a big group or something along the lines of that.

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
What do you think could be changed or added to improve the suggestion? It's more for people who are doing things with a big group or something along the lines of that.
Generally, if you are in a big group, you are more than likely to look at the wall for a game. To be honest, most solo games in Eggwars, Skywars and Survival Games are completely empty. They are so empty that you really wouldn't want to check how many people could fit into one but how many are in one right now.

Example: Map: Lighthouse [ 4/12 players ]

BOOM now we are on like terms.

plus, do you like waiting?

Wintrie

Dedicated Member
Dec 1, 2016
Scotland
www.youtube.com
I am quite in-between on this, People might think that it is a team game with 12 people on a side, well most people won't, but yeah Id like it if you hovered over it it would say how many people can be in it but also how many people are in it like 8/12, 6/18 etc. +0.5

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
I am quite in-between on this, People might think that it is a team game with 12 people on a side, well most people won't, but yeah Id like it if you hovered over it it would say how many people can be in it but also how many people are in it like 8/12, 6/18 etc. +0.5
As I said to Gainfull, it would say something along the lines of "Maximum players" or "Slots" if you've got a better name for it, do tell.

Generally, if you are in a big group, you are more than likely to look at the wall for a game. To be honest, most solo games in Eggwars, Skywars and Survival Games are completely empty. They are so empty that you really wouldn't want to check how many people could fit into one but how many are in one right now.
But some people won't. If they are looking for a certain map they'll click the NPC. It's a small change but it can really help.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Example photos:

What it's like now..
View attachment 139498

What it could be like..
View attachment 139499

This would be easier for partys!
+1

Reactions: DragonLord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom