Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
This is a repost of my old suggestion here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/friends-removing-you-when-you’re-offline.277179/ (Why doesn’t the damn link work😠) This is to be in line with the new suggestions system.

I think we all know the moment when we suddenly discover someone has removed us as a friend. This might be days (or potentially weeks) after it has happened if you were removed while being offline. When you’re online while it happens, you get a message saying someone has removed you, but when you’re offline you aren’t told.

That’s why I suggest to display a message in chat saying someone removed you the first time you get online again after you’ve been removed. This would be useful, because you’ll spot it faster if someone has, for example, done a /f clear, and you’ll be able to readd them as soon as possible.

EDIT: Go down 4 posts better (that’s what I hope) idea can be found there :3

Last edited:

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
I disagree. Although I don't remove people that often because I feel bad for doing it, when I did remove quite a lot people back in the days I specifially only removed them if they were offline. This is mainly because I don't want people to immediately see that I've removed them. :monkeylook:

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Okay so as most people seem to disagree, I’ll try again:
So how about the message gets added, but you have a choice. You can enable/disable a setting that will send a message when you remove someone. If this setting is off, no message will be sent, not when they’re offline nor when they’re online. When this setting is on a message will be sent both when they’re offline and when they’re online.
(A third choice could possibly be added that a message only gets sent when they’re online but I don’t see a need for that)
Would that seem better?

• Agree
Reactions: GiGaGekkies

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
So how about the message gets added, but you have a choice. You can enable/disable a setting that will send a message when you remove someone. If this setting is off, no message will be sent, not when they’re offline nor when they’re online. When this setting is on a message will be sent both when they’re offline and when they’re online.
(A third choice could possibly be added that a message only gets sent when they’re online but I don’t see a need for that)
Would that seem better?
I personally don't think the whole feature is necessary at all. It would just get a bit confusing and a bit of an unnecessary setting imo. I think there's a reason big social media platforms like Instagram/Facebook/Snapchat don't notify you when someone unfollows you, it could have negative effects like people being sad about seeing that someone unfollowed them, which isn't a problem right now.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I personally don't think the whole feature is necessary at all. It would just get a bit confusing and a bit of an unnecessary setting imo. I think there's a reason big social media platforms like Instagram/Facebook/Snapchat don't notify you when someone unfollows you, it could have negative effects like people being sad about seeing that someone unfollowed them, which isn't a problem right now.
It’s already a thing when ur online... this would just make it show up when ur offline too and give you an option to disable it, as far as I can tell that’ll mean less people will be sad as you won’t even hear you got removed from most people’s friends lists ._.

Reactions: GiGaGekkies

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
It’s already a thing when ur online... this would just make it show up when ur offline too and give you an option to disable it, as far as I can tell that’ll mean less people will be sad as you won’t even hear you got removed from most people’s friends lists ._.
Oh I didn't know this was a feature already, I saw you're other post but it never said that is was implemented and I also have never seen it happen before on Bedrock

• Wow
Reactions: xHappyMood

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly, I wouldn’t want such a feature to get implemented.

Like stated above, this could have negative effects. From my experiences, it feels worse to see yourself get removed from someone’s friend list rather than finding out about it later on. It’s upsetting to just see that message. I hope you understand what I mean with this.

I’m just not very fond of this idea, nor if it would be toggleable.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Would that seem better?
Meh, I'm not really a big fan of making everything toggeable, it makes the server too complicated and it causes unnecessary confusion in my opinion. Also, why would someone enable this then? Why would they want someone else to see that they've removed them from their friends list. I think it's good as how it is right now

Reactions: Fesa and xHappyMood

LightsOff_

Novice Member
Sep 6, 2020
Antartica
So I get f adds from a lot of players and I accept some of them to make them happy. When I need space I remove some of them. I don't want them to be sad so I think it is a bad idea. When it happens by accident, I can understand that this might be handy but it doesn't happen too much for it to be added.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
I see it a lot that people think it's some form of passive aggressive insult if you remove a friend whilst they are online, and I understand why it is taken as such. Many times, if someone removes you they don't mean to cause you any harm or to insult you like that at all, they just want to clean up their friends list or for example their friend list is full and they wanna add another friend that they think they'd play with more often, and so on.

That's why many times people prefer to remove friends whilst they're offline so that the friend that's getting removed is much less likely to see it and maybe get sad or mad at them for removing them. And I think that's a good thing. The privacy is nice to have sometimes.

Oh and about your argument with the settings so that you can turn it on or off- I don't know but I feel like the people that agreed just want to see when someone removes THEM, they don't want the opposite, if they're removing someone they wouldn't want them to see at all, so having this setting is useless.

Reactions: xHappyMood
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom