Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 511644

Hello CubeCraft Community!

As you all might know the current friends system has been on for quite a few years now, if it hasn't been since the beginning of the server, only the thing that bothers me sometimes is that the current system is really messy/unorganized, especially for players with ranks that might have a big friend list of friends, so my suggestion is to revamp the current friend list, with a few options:

- Alphabetic name system in the list, this way it is easier to found someone back in this list by name, instead of having to look over the whole list.
- A page system on an alphabetic system aswell, which I designed a small thing for, you can see here:
1655135956259.png

Ofcourse the online players would show up first, then the offline track begins.
- An ability to see the last time your friend logged in, with the same system as on the screenshot.

Please react with a :agree: if you agree
Please react with a :disagree: if you disagree (and please let know why)
Please react with a :unsure: if you are unsure (and please let know why)

I'm not really sure how the friends system works on Bedrock, so please let me know if I should change the prefix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijnnn_

Jan 4, 2021
Bamboo forest
Hello CubeCraft Community!

As you all might know the current friends system has been on for quite a few years now, if it hasn't been since the beginning of the server, only the thing that bothers me sometimes is that the current system is really messy/unorganized, especially for players with ranks that might have a big friend list of friends, so my suggestion is to revamp the current friend list, with a few options:

- Alphabetic name system in the list, this way it is easier to found someone back in this list by name, instead of having to look over the whole list.
- A page system on an alphabetic system aswell, which I designed a small thing for, you can see here: View attachment 211735
- An ability to see the last time your friend logged in, with the same system as on the screenshot.

Please react with a :agree: if you agree
Please react with a :disagree: if you disagree (and please let know why)
Please react with a :unsure: if you are unsure (and please let know why)
The new design looks very good!

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
Well, on bedrock you have UI not GUI - I'm not a pro coder but I don't know any way to do alphabetic friends list system on CC Bedrock with current UI with panel type as it's now(maybe some developer know if sorting thinks in UI with panel type alphabetically is really possible or not - let me know). By that I don't mean it shouldn't be on Bedrock - I'll appreciate it if CC will add it here!

On the other side if we are talking about friends list that shows up in chat - than yes, there it's clearly possible.

I think it should be also really fine if the friends that are currently online will show up first. Just a suggestion to improvement.

D

Deleted member 511644

On the other side if we are talking about friends list that shows up in chat - than yes, there it's clearly possible.
On the Java network there isn't a gui for the friend list, so would be for the chat indeed.

Well, on bedrock you have UI not GUI - I'm not a pro coder but I don't know any way to do alphabetic friends list system on CC Bedrock with current UI with panel type as it's now(maybe some developer know if sorting thinks in UI with panel type alphabetically is really possible or not - let me know). By that I don't mean it shouldn't be on Bedrock - I'll appreciate it if CC will add it here!

I think it should be also really fine if the friends that are currently online will show up first. Just a suggestion to improvement.
This is part of the suggestion, but not really explained, changed it now! Would be even more messy if you have Online and Offline between each other.

Reactions: dvodany

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
An ability to see the last time your friend logged in, with the same system as on the screenshot.
This was something I wanted the Quality of Life update to contain, but unfortunately we came to the conclusion that it wouldn’t be possible due to a few reasons. I’m assuming nothing really changed about this ever since, so it’s very likely that it isn’t implementable on the network.

D

Deleted member 511644

This was something I wanted the Quality of Life update to contain, but unfortunately we came to the conclusion that it wouldn’t be possible due to a few reasons. I’m assuming nothing really changed about this ever since, so it’s very likely that it isn’t implementable on the network.
Are you allowed to share why this wasn't possible? And if so what was the reason behind it?

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, I think it's a good idea but for example if I have 100 friends offline, would it have to show 100 lines in the chat with all the times of last time online for each person?
There would be an extremely long friend list, it would still be fine to add a system that shows the time of the last time online by clicking on the name of the offline player you want to know or something like that.

For the rest, I agree.

D

Deleted member 511644

Well, I think it's a good idea but for example if I have 100 friends offline, would it have to show 100 lines in the chat with all the times of last time online for each person?
There would be an extremely long friend list, it would still be fine to add a system that shows the time of the last time online by clicking on the name of the offline player you want to know or something like that.

For the rest, I agree.
Nope, in this case different friend page lists would be the greatest option.

Reactions: Amazinq
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom