Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Plus players or special members have access to this perk?

• Plus players

• Special members

• Neither, I don't want to see it added

Results are only viewable after voting.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hi, here I am with a short suggestion. I think you all noticed that some staff members got themselves custom titles with their occupations. Now I'm thinking this would be a nice perk for either Plus members or trusted forum members who stood out in the community, of course with special requirements like a certain amount of messages and likes you'd need. This is something the management can decide, because I'm not quite sure yet if this should be a Plus perk or a perk for forum members. Anyways, about the 'security' of this perk: You should be able to change the tag once per month, meaning that it would most likely not be abused, but if abused, easily manageble for staff members. I think this would really make people stand out in the forums community.

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think!

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I mean, pretty useless but I guess that it could encourage people to buy + more which creates more funds for the management. I could see this to be benefitial from the management's perspective. But from a members point of view, I wouldn't really care for it, it wouldn't urge me to buy + because, since I don't care about other people's nicknames I don't see how others would care about mine. I also believe that all members should kinda stay equal, people are already putting themselves on pedastals way too much on the forums.

In conclusion: nah.

*has been suggested on multiple occasions in the past btw

Reactions: remio

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hi, here I am with a short suggestion. I think you all noticed that some staff members got themselves custom titles with their occupations. Now I'm thinking this would be a nice perk for either Plus members or trusted forum members who stood out in the community, of course with special requirements like a certain amount of messages and likes you'd need. This is something the management can decide, because I'm not quite sure yet if this should be a Plus perk or a perk for forum members. Anyways, about the 'security' of this perk: You should be able to change the tag once per month, meaning that it would most likely not be abused, but if abused, easily manageble for staff members. I think this would really make people stand out in the forums community.

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think!
I like the idea but for trusted forum users, not plus users. And maybe a month is too little since it requires a staff member to set up these custom prefixes. So perhaps 3 months per change would be fine, and not result in an overwhelming amount of change requests. Any ideas for the requirements (or, what is a trusted forum user?)

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I like the idea but for trusted forum users, not plus users. And maybe a month is too little since it requires a staff member to set up these custom prefixes. So perhaps 3 months per change would be fine, and not result in an overwhelming amount of change requests. Any ideas for the requirements (or, what is a trusted forum user?)
No, it wouldn't require staff permissions as from my point of view it would be the best if it would work the same as namechanges.
Biased poll.

I don't support custom titles/tags/prefixes/however you want to call them, for regular members at all
It's not biased, I just wanted to know if it would be better to have them for Plus or special members. Not every poll needs to be 'I support' or 'I dont support'.

Reactions: Eli

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Yes it does, because people like me think it should not go to either, therefore it is a biased poll.
Then you could just leave your reply? I mean, why does the amount of votes for or against the suggestion matter so much? I thought this poll would've been an easy way to check if people would rather see it for Plus members or special members, so what's the point.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Uhm I don’t think it have to be added.Every forum achievement you get is for yourself only.But I can agree with the idea if you are suggesting this for really extreme achievments like 10 thousand messages, 10 thousand likes or something like that

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Then you could just leave your reply? I mean, why does the amount of votes for or against the suggestion matter so much? I thought this poll would've been an easy way to check if people would rather see it for Plus members or special members, so what's the point.
The point is that the poll is only allowing people, who agree with your idea, to vote. The part of the community that doesn't want custom titles for regular members cannot vote. And you know that leaving a reply takes much more time than just voting; not everyone who votes wants to leave a reply

Reactions: Kozi, Eli and remio

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I can see what you mean now, the question on the poll is which one, if any should get it. It's just a very misleading poll and should still have neither as an option.

Reactions: Eli and remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I personally don't like the custom titles, it ensures unrest. Adding it for more people will make it so nasty...
What exactly do you mean by 'making it nasty'?
Uhm I don’t think it have to be added.Every forum achievement you get is for yourself only.But I can agree with the idea if you are suggesting this for really extreme achievments like 10 thousand messages, 10 thousand likes or something like that
Yet it's not about forum achievements but it just needs requirements so staff wouldn't be overloaded with inappropriate tags.
The point is that the poll is only allowing people, who agree with your idea, to vote. The part of the community that doesn't want custom titles for regular members cannot vote. And you know that leaving a reply takes much more time than just voting; not everyone who votes wants to leave a reply
I can see what you mean now, the question on the poll is which one, if any should get it. It's just a very misleading poll and should still have neither as an option.
Added an option to vote no :]

Reactions: Eli and Kozi

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills

I personally don't like the custom titles, it ensures unrest. Adding it for more people will make it so nasty...
What exactly do you mean by 'making it nasty'?
making it worse*, perhaps that's a better sentence

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't like the special forum titles at all, to be honest. It's already confusing when most staff members have their own custom title (or is it just me?). It would be a big mess when other (special) members are able to get their own custom title.
Although, I have seen multiple suggestions about different titles such as ''new member'', ''member'', ''active member'' and so on. I do support this idea, because this wouldn't cause confusion and there are still different titles you can get, just by being active.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I like the idea but for trusted forum users, not plus users.
what is a trusted forum user?
You're pretty much debating with yourself here.

[I'm still not supporting the idea, mainly for the reasons I stated earlier but add @RickDeKlomp and @S4nne 's arguments and it's ever so clear why whe should not want this on the forums]

But if it were ever to be added, there shouldn't be a weird system for collecting it, it should simply come with something you can buy on their store to fund the server more. This idea is an easy way to make money since there are enough thirsty kids who really want people to see their names, and are willing to pay good money for it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom