Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
Forum Threads Discussion

Hi everyone! I've recently been looking back through some of my old threads, and I came up with a topic that I've been curious about. Therefore, I have decided to ask you lovely forum people about it! These questions are intended for people who post/have posted a lot of threads on the forums, but you can still answer the last question if you don't!

The Questions

➜ What was the first thread you ever posted? What was it about?
➜ Which of your threads are you the most proud of?
➜ Which of your threads do you find the most embarrassing?
➜ What are some of your all-time favourite threads on the forums? (They don't need to have been posted by you.)

My Answers
➜ My first thread was a now-deleted old version of my Lucky Islands Drops List. The current thread is also outdated as of the 1.19 update, but I'm considering making an updated one that also includes Bedrock if people still find it interesting!

➜ The thread I'm the most proud of has to be my first Community Highlights edition in January. I spent so long collecting the data for that thread, not knowing if people were even going to like it. Even though the more recent editions have much more content and a better design, this one - being the first - is pretty special to me.

➜ There's no specific thread here, but I'm still a little embarrassed about the videos I posted here in 2021 when I was trying to become a CubeTuber. They aren't available anymore, but trust me when I say you wouldn't have wanted to watch them. They were very low-quality and badly edited!

➜ I've been on the forums for a long time so a lot of my picks for this question are slightly older threads, but some of the new ones are cool too! It was hard (and some of them aren't actually single threads...) but I've managed to sort them into a top three. I have many, many more that I could share, including suggestions and creations, but I would rather this thread didn't go on forever!
  • The first one is the CubeRecap threads by @Cynamooo, which were a huge inspiration for my Community Highlights series. The last thread posted in the CubeRecap series was for July 2020. Yes, I know, that's three years ago. I didn't believe it either.
  • Next, I can't forget The CubeCraft Times, which is one of the most incredible projects that I have seen on the forums to this day. I am happy to have been able to contribute to the newspaper by writing for them.
  • Finally, Music & You by @jelliobean was quite a unique idea that I absolutely loved. It involved creating a playlist on Spotify for the community with all their favourite songs! This one is probably a bit more of a surprising choice than the first two... but I just love music, okay? I'm always up for listening to songs that are recommended by other people.

That's all I have - I'm interested to hear your answers :)

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
-> My first thread funnily enough was a helper application (Me Helper applications i would never)
-> The 5th birthday post i did earlier this year linked here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/c...thday-the-complete-history-statistics.339658/. This took many days to type up and made me cry internally as well
-> Well i think we all know which thread im on about :monkeylook: -> One of my all time favourite has to be The book of world records :D This has been a fun project to work on and its fun seeing people compete for records (But is annoying when have to review 50 submissions for the same thing 😭 )

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
my first thread was about coding I just asked on how to get started/continue)

The cubecraft lore threads I made. It was just about discovering the backrooms and my failed journey

When the cubecraft community was more toxic I put a thread up trying to bring ease, instead it brought cringe

YouTuber list easily

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Forum Threads Discussion

Hi everyone! I've recently been looking back through some of my old threads, and I came up with a topic that I've been curious about. Therefore, I have decided to ask you lovely forum people about it! These questions are intended for people who post/have posted a lot of threads on the forums, but you can still answer the last question if you don't!

The Questions

➜ What are some of your all-time favourite threads on the forums? (They don't need to have been posted by you.)

Oh my gosh! This is such a good thread idea :D

My first ever thread was called "Astral's Gorgeous Introduction" and was made exactly one year after I joined the forums, on August 4th, 2018. You can find it here. This, funnily enough, is also the thread I find most embarrassing. It contains barely any info, my use of language in it is terrible and it even used to contain my real first name... 😭

I'm proud of most of the threads I've written. I tend to put a lot of effort in them and often end up with a Bible's worth of text. The Forums have really helped me improve my language skills due to this, which I am very happy about. There are a few threads I'm most proud of though. One of my best threads has to be my 600 Messages Special! thread. It contains a lot of silly info about myself, my previous 'celebration' threads and even a really awesome story that I'm very proud of. - @Stijnnn_ <3.
Another one of my best threads is my recent "Bundles, Packs & Cosmetics Suggestions" suggestion thread. It took an immense amount of work and it all paid off. It has a whopping 32 positive reactions from fellow Forum members with zero negative feedback!
I'm also incredibly proud of the Cube News - First Edition thread. I researched for and wrote it together with @Stijnnn_. It was a very time-consuming project, but the effort truly paid off.

Some of my favourite threads have to be the CubeCraft Team History & Status, @Lyriie's Community Highlights (based on CubeRecap threads) and some of the ones I mentioned above.

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
1.My first thread was a player report for minerware but that boring apparently my first thread was me showing off a video where I snowballed everyone or most people in the snowball micro game

2. It got to be this thread https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/weekly-poll-list-1-26.334924/ kinda cheating considering this is a list of my other threads but I'm proud of the weekly polls. I think they are good for the community and I think people have fun doing them. I'm also proud of this one https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/im-so-happy-😀😀😀.330012/ it took a lot too beat my record and I'm happy I did it.

3. Probably my first one. I was basically new to the server so I didn't know teaming was allowed in minerware so I did a false report which is embarssing. From the public ones I don't really have one. I'm slightly embarssed about the ones that don't get attention like one where I asked people for their favorite lobbies details but I'm not ashamed of them.

4. I like the birthday list threads and the YouTuber list (hopefully I get on it one day) the book of cube record and threads like these and the Hoshi discussion are very fun and I like them...
Psst @Hoshi when will the next one be?

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
What an awesome idea! I am especially fond of all the threads I've written, bad or not, because they tell many stories! Some personal, some even had implications on CubeCraft's future.

THIS was the first thread I ever posted, back in December 28th 2017!

I came up with the idea of a duel gamemode for the old arcade games we had back then, I still think it could be fun. I actually posted it on the wrong subforum and got no replies, so I copied the text and made a whole new thread on the Featured Games subforum, @SunnyWarz reported me to a then mod, how rude! (jk)

There are two types of threads I would be proud of:

• Threads that received more attention than usual and/or touched important subjects.
  1. A CubeCraft Critique needs to be at the top of this list, back in 2020 myself and many people from the community had accumulated a series of disagreements and criticism with the way the server was being handled. The thread touched important subjects such as the development of Sentinel and the management of the forums. This thread saw the first reponse from CubeCraft's management team in a very long time regarding these topics, together with a promise for a better future for our server, Zed's response is a very interesting read!
  2. yes, a forum refresh would be cool was my funny way of replying to Zed's idk, a forum refresh would be cool? teaser on the update to the forums, believe it or not they haven't always looked this pretty! It was just a very big compilation of suggestion threads from other users, the timing seemed perfect to make them resurface considering the whole forums was being reworked!
  3. Eli's Reintroduction currently the most liked thread in the entire Introductions subforum! (somehow) Nothing too special, just some info about myself.
  4. A Congratulation for CubeCraft I wanted to include this one as a sort of reflection on the true purpose of an opinion forum in an online community. Oftentimes people think forums only exist to demand for things or post criticism, but they are also an opportunity for the community to provide positive feedback on the direction of things, every once in a while when you're playing CubeCraft... ask yourself if there's something you'd like to congratulate the Staff Team for, I am sure they would appreciate it.
  • Threads that had a lot of effort put into them.
  1. CubeCraft Conquest | The End, the epic ending to a roleplay forums game @Kozi and I had been running for three months.
  2. BlockWars Kit Revamp a complete overhaul to all BlockWars kits, cuz why not, made together with @Andyyy
  • Definitely Bring Block Wars Back, seemingly started a whole movement to get BlockWars added back into the network after The Big Change happened, oh the things 13 year old Eli got himself into...
I will choose one Staff made thread and one community made thread.

I hope this recap of old threads was entertaining for someone!

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
My first thread was pointing out that the lucky islands map “candy” doesn’t contain anything related to candy.
I am most proud of my bug report threads. Out of all of them, I am the most proud of the arrow duplication glitch I discovered,
My most embarrassing thread is “leap feathers in lucky islands“ I had found an instance where chickens in lucky islands would drop leap feathers, and tried to reproduce this instance in other matches to figure out why this was happening. I assumed it was a glitch (I have discovered similar glitches in the past) A staff member politely pointed out that I was incorrect and that this was a feature, but only in overpowered.
My favorite thread is the lucky islands guide from many years ago. Sure it’s very outdated, but it gives me a look into the past in a time before I played.

Reactions: Aratic and Lyriie
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom