Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

đź’˘ Rule Mentioning in the Forum Report Menu

For better reference, please add the rule numbers to the report menu on forums
Hi there!! Another one this week, getting my total on 4... Although it isn't about the total of suggestions, but about the quality, so please let me know what you think about this one!

This one is as small as the previous ones, but definitely a great QoL! To introduce the point, I'd like you to take a look at the rules:
Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 09.35.09.png
As you can see in this fragment, the rules are clearly explained with title, punishment track, everything that is seen as punishable according to that rule (I know there was a thread about this being unclear, but its about the general point, so please don't go into a debate with me for that as that would go off-topic for the point I'm about to suggest), but also the rule number. This is perfect to quickly search up which rule someone is breaking, you broke, or to ask a question about (in for example #staff-help on discord or through a thread on the forums).

When currently reporting a message on the forums, you'll see the following menu:
Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 22.01.21.png
Now I find it strange the rule numbers aren't mentioned in this menu. If I think someone posts a pointless thread, I'll check in the rules whether I'm right or wrong, or even ask in #staff-help to clarify. It takes ages to mention the entire rule, but why not put the number of the rule in the report system? I'd suggest to make the reporting line look like either of this:

O Breaking Rule - 3.14 Bumping
O Breaking Rule 3.15 - Multiaccounting

This way, everyone can easily find the rule if they want to check, can easily talk about a rule to clear it up or even appeal with only a number rather than the entire rule title. A small QoL which I think would be really helpful for some! It also doesn't require much time to implement, as it doesn't need crazy calculators or things similar to that. Please vote :agree: if you agree with this suggestion!!

Now you made it to the end of the thread, you might as well check my other thread about a MinerWare question! Thanks for reading all this, have a nice day/night! ♥️

Last edited:

KomodĐľ

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
View attachment 210685

Just found an image from the first of March, where this was a thing. It got removed however, not sure why. Thought I'd share it for the easy of reference
It’s funny, in my 5 years of using the forums, I never really paid attention to the fact that you could report someone. I knew it passively, but not actively. Thanks for the reminder.

I think it’s quite simple to see why this is a very useful suggestion. Makes it easier to categorise, scroll and report someone. Nice small suggestion!

• Wow
Reactions: Amazinq

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
đź’™ Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
Hello.
The number was removed because we are working on updating the rules (which will be available soon). As the order of the rules is constantly changing, and we expect other minor changes even after making the new rules available, the numbers are no longer visible but this is only temporary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom