Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ye or Ney?

• Total voters

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
This is a kind of pointless thread that is for the staff team.

Many staff members had a rank which allows flying, mainly Emerald. However, many had Gold or Diamond. And because staff members are allowed to do and have everything Obsidian Rank has and then some, maybe when a staff member resigns they automatically get Obsidian Rank.

Reasons:

- This would be a "thank you for helping" gift that Cubecraft could offer.
- It isn't taking money away from the store, mainly because soooo many staff members resign (sarcasm)
- It has all of the same features that many staff members had when being a mod (except for banning, muting, etc. )

*NOTE* -- If the staff member previously had Obsidian Rank before becoming a staff member, maybe they should get a lot of Point Multipliers.
*NOTE* -- Any staff member DEMOTED would not receive this gift.

And before everyone goes crazy, please note that this is supposed to help staff members. And plus, I don't think any staff member would resign for an Obsidian Rank, would they???

Godbless - CamBam300

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
The current staff members joined knowing that their 'job' is to voluntarily help others. I would have to disagree with you since I wouldn't like to see people have a goal of "I want staff!" to then "I'm now going to resign! This way I don't have to do anything and I'll even get a free rank!". A staff having all the perks for the highest rank is already a good enough 'reward' as they're helping people and the network. I believe that a staffer's motivation should be being able to help others and if they no longer feel that they have that motivation, then they can resign. Apart from that, I agree with what @_SnoowFlake_ said above.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I suggested this a while ago, and Tacos' response was they wouldn't want to encourage anybody to resign. Makes sense I guess, though I wish staff were given something at least for all their efforts.

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
The current staff members joined knowing that their 'job' is to voluntarily help others. I would have to disagree with you since I wouldn't like to see people have a goal of "I want staff!" to then "I'm now going to resign! This way I don't have to do anything and I'll even get a free rank!". A staff having all the perks for the highest rank is already a good enough 'reward' as they're helping people and the network. I believe that a staffer's motivation should be being able to help others and if they no longer feel that they have that motivation, then they can resign. Apart from that, I agree with what @_SnoowFlake_ said above.
If you were a Moderator (which you were), would you have the desire to "resign on day one" for a rank? I would think being a Mod is way cooler than having Obby. And if they did resign on day one, they probably didn't do anything on the staff team, therefor they would just go back to their previous rank.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
And if they did resign on day one, they probably didn't do anything on the staff team
upload_2017-11-5_19-36-39.png

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
It is an interesting idea, and I appreciate that you want to show that you care for staff members, but as numerous amounts of other people said, this would cause people to join just for the free rank. Imagine how many more helper applications staff would have to go through to try to find people who actually want to benefit the server, not themselves. Now I can you understand why you make think this is confusing to resign just for the rank, but staff rank requires a lot of dedication and time to do it. Staff get almost all the perms as Obsidian, and if they resign and automatically have Obsidian, some people wouldn't make a big deal about resigning. Love that you want to share love to staff/ex-staff, but this is not the way to show it.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
+1 it would be a nice medal of honour for staff upon their resignation.

G

Gamerfull

I already proposed this before, but the Administrators' answer was no, since a staff member volunteers to help, without receiving anything in return, they do not oblige.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
This is a kind of pointless thread that is for the staff team.

Many staff members had a rank which allows flying, mainly Emerald. However, many had Gold or Diamond. And because staff members are allowed to do and have everything Obsidian Rank has and then some, maybe when a staff member resigns they automatically get Obsidian Rank.

Reasons:

- This would be a "thank you for helping" gift that Cubecraft could offer.
- It isn't taking money away from the store, mainly because soooo many staff members resign (sarcasm)
- It has all of the same features that many staff members had when being a mod (except for banning, muting, etc. )

*NOTE* -- If the staff member previously had Obsidian Rank before becoming a staff member, maybe they should get a lot of Point Multipliers.
*NOTE* -- Any staff member DEMOTED would not receive this gift.

And before everyone goes crazy, please note that this is supposed to help staff members. And plus, I don't think any staff member would resign for an Obsidian Rank, would they???

Godbless - CamBam300
I like the thought behind this, I think it should be added. But what if the staff member already has obsidian rank?
+1

Reactions: StoneBrine (Brad)

Cyan

Forum Expert
Dec 21, 2014
Freak Show
www.youtube.com
The reason a staff member resigns is probably because they have some sort of in real life stuff going on. They want to move forward and prioritize their time. Giving them some sort of gift or a rank would be completely useless because the former staff member will have no use for it.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I'm pretty sure that staff have all the donator perks simply to help bug test those features if they need too. For example Orangeric once went ahead and tested a bug I reported that involved voting for survival games health options and the bloodlust kit. I agree with most people in the thread that they shouldn't get an obby rank.

Reactions: Lilleh__
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom