Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I belive we all have one time in are life came across either a noob or a troll misplaceing towers and ruining the game... Even with are brilliant @Efcluke94 labeling every platform on every map... They still do it. My idea on how to fix this is... Make it where reguarless within the 9 block radius it automatically centers it and places it. And when you try placing a tower biger than 9 blocks it wont let you. Or for you people who think its to difficult... You can just make it say you cant place a towe there...

Reactions: HurmitCurtis

RedJayGames

Jul 5, 2017
New Jersey, USA
I believe this is a great idea! I love the idea of a tower being automatically centered on a square, as I find myself needing to be extra careful not to misplace it and waste coins.

And when you try placing a tower biger than 9 blocks it wont let you.

This is the only part where we disagree. I believe that placing 5x5 towers on some of the 3x3 squares at the beginning of the track helps build a great defense. For example, Turret Towers are extremely powerful, so placing a bunch of them at the very beginning of the track separates the weak troops from the troops that pose an actual potential threat.

However, if I were presented with the two choices of having everything you suggested added to the game or leaving the game as is, I would choose to have it all added. If 5x5 towers could not be placed all throughout the track, I believe the game would become a bit more difficult, which is just what many experienced and skilled players would like.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I believe this is a great idea! I love the idea of a tower being automatically centered on a square, as I find myself needing to be extra careful not to misplace it and waste coins.

This is the only part where we disagree. I believe that placing 5x5 towers on some of the 3x3 squares at the beginning of the track helps build a great defense. For example, Turret Towers are extremely powerful, so placing a bunch of them at the very beginning of the track separates the weak troops from the troops that pose an actual potential threat.

However, if I were presented with the two choices of having everything you suggested added to the game or leaving the game as is, I would choose to have it all added. If 5x5 towers could not be placed all throughout the track, I believe the game would become a bit more difficult, which is just what many experienced and skilled players would like.

Now that last part you don't understand, We have plently of spots and so turrets can be placed but they screw up 3 other spots and ruins the game.
Belive me not just turrets are going to kill those Pigmen.

RedJayGames

Jul 5, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Now that last part you don't understand, We have plently of spots and so turrets can be placed but they screw up 3 other spots and ruins the game.

Based on my recollection of the maps, many offer far less 5x5 spots than other maps provide. For that reason, I believe placing some 5x5 towers on 3x3 squares is sometimes necessary, or at least makes the defense much stronger considering how overpowered Turret Towers currently are. However, on a map like Hillside, where there are plenty of 5x5 spaces, I would completely side with you because on maps like that, placing them on 3x3 spaces is a bit unnecessary.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Based on my recollection of the maps, many offer far less 5x5 spots than other maps provide. For that reason, I believe placing some 5x5 towers on 3x3 squares is sometimes necessary, or at least makes the defense much stronger considering how overpowered Turret Towers currently are. However, on a map like Hillside, where there are plenty of 5x5 spaces, I would completely side with you because on maps like that, placing them on 3x3 spaces is a bit unnecessary.

They need to balance some maps out. That's for sure.
But some maps have enough.
I'm not going to say to much because I don't want them removed ;)

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
TBH people misplacing towers isnt even a big deal, and if they do, dont get all angry and start shouting at them, teach them how you are supposed to do it. In fact since this game mode is all about strategy, knowing how to place the towers correctly is the key part of strategy and if one team doesnt know how to do it then they will lose, that is what makes it fun, learning along the way and strategising to eventually win. Adding this would make the gamemode feel too handicapped and make it feel like it holds your hand, which is not fun at all. Lets say you place a 5x5 tower then put some 3x3 towers beside it, that can be a certain strategy that someone is trying to pull off (having 2 towers that go well together) but cannot be done due to this handicapping, if it is added.

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Yes they will.

However, I like the idea you suggested as it indirectly nerfs Turret towers. Screw turret towers, every game ends in a tie unless a zombie gets past in the first 3 minutes.

RedJayGames

Jul 5, 2017
New Jersey, USA
TBH people misplacing towers isnt even a big deal, and if they do, dont get all angry and start shouting at them, teach them how you are supposed to do it. In fact since this game mode is all about strategy, knowing how to place the towers correctly is the key part of strategy and if one team doesnt know how to do it then they will lose, that is what makes it fun, learning along the way and strategising to eventually win.

You are correct that Tower Defense is a strategy game, and when someone doesn't know the correct tower placement, they should be told how to. However, I have been in many games where some teammates are completely silent. I am always kind when I request someone to move a tower, and make sure to explain why they should, but most of the time, I am ignored. It is upsetting to me to see people making mistakes like misplacing towers only to ignore chat, preventing me from helping them (There have been times where I will call their name in chat multiple times in the same game, only to get no response at all).

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

No its basic trolling.
Really you don't need it and on some maps there will be no space for other towers...

You are correct that Tower Defense is a strategy game, and when someone doesn't know the correct tower placement, they should be told how to. However, I have been in many games where some teammates are completely silent. I am always kind when I request someone to move a tower, and make sure to explain why they should, but most of the time, I am ignored. It is upsetting to me to see people making mistakes like misplacing towers only to ignore chat, preventing me from helping them (There have been times where I will call their name in chat multiple times in the same game, only to get no response at all).

Yes and that's very frustrating and is more reason to do this idea.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Assuming both sides played optimally, it's impossible to get any damage in. Nothing gets past turret towers except for Cave Spiders, but Mage Towers melt those.
Remember, it's always possible to regenerate the cave spiders with some regeneration potions. You need to splash them ahead of the group though, or they will all die. Also, one inferno potion is all it takes to end them all. I tried it multiple times in the new update, they win unwinnable games if the enemy team isn't paying attention. That strategy is harder to do since the update, but still possible.

I also found the T5 Magma Cube/ T5 Witches combo to stand a chance if there's less than 13 turrets.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Remember, it's always possible to regenerate the cave spiders with some regeneration potions. You need to splash them ahead of the group though, or they will all die. Also, one inferno potion is all it takes to end them all. I tried it multiple times in the new update, they win unwinnable games if the enemy team isn't paying attention. That strategy is harder to do since the update, but still possible.

I also found the T5 Magma Cube/ T5 Witches combo to stand a chance if there's less than 13 turrets.

What the heck are you talking about?
This has nothing to do with the subject!
Please re-read the threads first message (Mine)

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
What the heck are you talking about?
This has nothing to do with the subject!
Please re-read the threads first message (Mine)
This is a forum. Discussions can stray and come back. I was only replying to DeDeDestroyed about their message and not to the main post. Take a look at the thread for the return of classic mode, for example. At the moment I'm writing this, they are discussing about the pros and cons of the old and new coins per second economy. Does that have anything to with the main post? Somewhat, it's a reason for the comeback of Classic TD. Did the OP tell them to come back the the main discussion? No.

But to come back to the main subject, I think centering would solve some problems, but also maybe take away a bit of the freedom in the game. Perhaps having it in the settings menu (let's call it an Auto-Centerer) would be a preferable option (enabled by default).

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a forum. Discussions can stray and come back. I was only replying to DeDeDestroyed about their message and not to the main post. Take a look at the thread for the return of classic mode, for example. At the moment I'm writing this, they are discussing about the pros and cons of the old and new coins per second economy. Does that have anything to with the main post? Somewhat, it's a reason for the comeback of Classic TD. Did the OP tell them to come back the the main discussion? No.

But to come back to the main subject, I think centering would solve some problems, but also maybe take away a bit of the freedom in the game. Perhaps having it in the settings menu (let's call it an Auto-Centerer) would be a preferable option (enabled by default).

Oh sorry I didn't know you were qouteing someone that I'm ignoring... I though you were just randomly saying that.

No because this defeats the intire purpose.

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Oh sorry I didn't know you were qouteing someone that I'm ignoring... I though you were just randomly saying that.

No because this defeats the intire purpose.
You have 2470 messages on this forum, you should be able to understand how a forum works. Discussions lead to other discussions, and that's purely natural.

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
I belive we all have one time in are life came across either a noob or a troll misplaceing towers and ruining the game... Even with are brilliant @Efcluke94 labeling every platform on every map... They still do it. My idea on how to fix this is... Make it where reguarless within the 9 block radius it automatically centers it and places it. And when you try placing a tower biger than 9 blocks it wont let you. Or for you people who think its to difficult... You can just make it say you cant place a towe there...
Sorry that I'll have to improve but you say belive and it is believe:P

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom