youtube.com

Why it NEEDS to be fixed?
- Major Inconsistencies [v]
- Knockback
Nullification and/or delay
- Player Inflicted and Environment Inconsistencies [v]
- Unpredictable [v]

Major Inconsistencies

Sometimes the player will take Knockback normally, Other times the player can potentially slide across the ground only going backwards half the amount meant to be taken. In the above video you can see that it IS inconsistent with the potential of multiple hits that seem to be normal, or up to a 50% potential of receiving and or giving a sliding effect.

Knockback Nullification

When holding a player in the air long enough in a combo, after "dropping" the player they will take fall damage. But if you hit the player shortly after an open IFrame the player does not take Knockback, only damage.

Player Inflicted and Environment Inconsistencies

Explained in "Major Inconsistencies" a player throwing projectiles will cause a player to slide across the ground. As well as in "Knockback Nullification" a player can lose a combo that can potentially save an enemy from getting hit towards a direction.
As well as player inflicted damage, the player can take downwards KB as a cause of the Environment. Now fixed would have been with Fire tick damage, Causing the player to randomly slide across the ground, in result slowing them down when running. Currently CubeCraft has the potential to inflict downwards KB shortly after receiving fall damage. Reducing the jump height and resetting the acceleration of the player, BUT it also has the potential to not inflict the downwards KB, resulting in the player being able to jump correctly and not lose the speed. Another Result after fall damage is the potential to Double Jump, now not as common as getting pulled towards the ground, it shows the inconsistencies and randomness of this KB system, to recreate this the player does need to fall from more extraordinary heights to receive this outcome.

Unpredictable

Please review "Major Inconsistencies" and "Player Inflicted and Environment Inconsistencies"
The Unpredictable nature of the Current Knockback system makes little to no sense to the majority players on the network. And compared to other Featured servers on the Bedrock Network like "Hive", "Galaxite", "Lifeboat" as well as the "InPvP" sister servers, they do not have these randomizations in the Knockback. Even comparing to a Vanilla server ran in PmmP or Vanilla(Bedrock) you can not recreate this, even on a higher ping. Thus resulting in a Major capricious Knockback System.

Vote with :agree: If you believe CubeCraft should fix the Inconsistencies

Vote with :unsure: If you play Java and your vote shouldn't matter on a Bedrock Suggestion xdrofl rawr

Vote with :disagree: If you believe CubeCraft should continue having these inconsistencies

"Report it as a bug"
I have but the excuse is "It's a Java based server"

yet when I tell the devs/staff "But it's a bedrock server"
They say "it's ported from java"
Then when I tell them "So it's a Java server?"
They then tell me "No it's a Bedrock server"
But when I then tell them again "Okay so why does it have this bug"
The response is "It came from Java"
Then again I say "So It's a Java server"
They reply "It's a Bedrock server"

It's just a circle of excuses by the Cubecraft team and I find it ridiculous

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I can totally see the problem and how annoying this is. Even I play java, I voted agree, because iTs PoRtEd fRoM jAvA... no jk, but Java does have the jumping fatigue problem as well. thanks for the great explanation and the video, thats really helpful! :D

Frontlane

🦦
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks for pointing this out, I actually wasn't aware this was a thing (I play on Java). Also thanks for the showcase video, it does show that something is wrong. I'm not sure what the possibilities are for a fix, but you've got my agree anyways as this isn't particularly a pleasant thing. From the bug report discussion, it seems like a fix might be very hard to do or not be possible, though. I'm not sure if they mean that when they say it's a Java-based server.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Thanks for pointing this out, I actually wasn't aware this was a thing (I play on Java). Also thanks for the showcase video, it does show that something is wrong. I'm not sure what the possibilities are for a fix, but you've got my agree anyways as this isn't particularly a pleasant thing. From the bug report discussion, it seems like a fix might be very hard to do or not be possible, though. I'm not sure if they mean that when they say it's a Java-based server.
It was fixed with Fire Tick damage as well as Potions(harming)

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
What is your Graphics Card?
RTX 3070.

not very relevant tho 👅👄👅

People who are unsure
"Yeh, I like the idea of making cubecraft better... but then again..."
I told Java kids to vote that lol. And only java kids done did
Vote with :unsure: If you play Java and your vote shouldn't matter on a Bedrock Suggestion xdrofl rawr

Yes this is a very good suggestion I hope this gets added soon

D

Deleted member 486292

this probably boils down to cubecraft running like a potato. its clear that cubecraft runs slower than servers like hive and galaxite. menus load slower, transfers are slower, everything is just delayed. and cubecraft probably doesn't feel like its worth their time to try and tackle such a global issue

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
this probably boils down to cubecraft running like a potato.
It has the best server engine out of all the servers. Except for maybe Galaxite.
its clear that cubecraft runs slower than servers like hive and galaxite.
It does but it’s no excuse to not fix the randomization when they promised to fix “the inconsistencies” earlier this year. And just never did

The Devs aren’t stupid they know how to do it they are just lazy
and cubecraft probably doesn't feel like its worth their time to try and tackle such a global issue
Actually to cubecraft they think the KB is a cause of ping. But loading into a 1.12.1 local host server on my PC downwards KB still happens. If it was a 1.17.1 server it only happened if I had high ping.
So this is an issue that happens to everyone regardless of ping.

The excuse of not fixing it is “It’s from java” but again it’s a bedrock server

But not too long ago they fixed downwards KB from fire tick damage. But loading into a 1.12.1 server Fire tick damage still causes downwards KB on a local host. So I don’t understand CubeCraft’s decision to fix it for fire but not for fall or player inflicted damage.

The above paragraph proves that the “feature”(which is a bug) is possible to fix

It does but it’s no excuse to not fix the randomization when they promised to fix “the inconsistencies” earlier this year. And just never did

Reference post - > https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/🛡️-bedrock-knockback-test.273095/

Statement in that post

We've noticed that knockback is very stagnant - you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit. This made PvP'ing not enjoyable at all.

Making it more clear

"you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit."

Looking into it more

"you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit."

It is still very inconsistent, as well as very hard to predict where a player will go. They promised that it would be fixed with the New KB and it was just a lie

Furzide

Novice Member
May 12, 2020
your mum's house
It has the best server engine out of all the servers. Except for maybe Galaxite.

Actually to cubecraft they think the KB is a cause of ping. But loading into a 1.12.1 local host server on my PC downwards KB still happens. If it was a 1.17.1 server it only happened if I had high ping.
So this is an issue that happens to everyone regardless of ping.

The excuse of not fixing it is “It’s from java” but again it’s a bedrock server

But not too long ago they fixed downwards KB from fire tick damage. But loading into a 1.12.1 server Fire tick damage still causes downwards KB on a local host. So I don’t understand CubeCraft’s decision to fix it for fire but not for fall or player inflicted damage.

The above paragraph proves that the “feature”(which is a bug) is possible to fix
galaxite runs on nukkit, which is governed by cubecraft 💀

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com

Lifqo

Feb 14, 2021

Why it NEEDS to be fixed?
- Major Inconsistencies [v]
- Knockback
Nullification and/or delay
- Player Inflicted and Environment Inconsistencies [v]
- Unpredictable [v]

Major Inconsistencies

Sometimes the player will take Knockback normally, Other times the player can potentially slide across the ground only going backwards half the amount meant to be taken. In the above video you can see that it IS inconsistent with the potential of multiple hits that seem to be normal, or up to a 50% potential of receiving and or giving a sliding effect.

Knockback Nullification

When holding a player in the air long enough in a combo, after "dropping" the player they will take fall damage. But if you hit the player shortly after an open IFrame the player does not take Knockback, only damage.

Player Inflicted and Environment Inconsistencies

Explained in "Major Inconsistencies" a player throwing projectiles will cause a player to slide across the ground. As well as in "Knockback Nullification" a player can lose a combo that can potentially save an enemy from getting hit towards a direction.
As well as player inflicted damage, the player can take downwards KB as a cause of the Environment. Now fixed would have been with Fire tick damage, Causing the player to randomly slide across the ground, in result slowing them down when running. Currently CubeCraft has the potential to inflict downwards KB shortly after receiving fall damage. Reducing the jump height and resetting the acceleration of the player, BUT it also has the potential to not inflict the downwards KB, resulting in the player being able to jump correctly and not lose the speed. Another Result after fall damage is the potential to Double Jump, now not as common as getting pulled towards the ground, it shows the inconsistencies and randomness of this KB system, to recreate this the player does need to fall from more extraordinary heights to receive this outcome.

Unpredictable

Please review "Major Inconsistencies" and "Player Inflicted and Environment Inconsistencies"
The Unpredictable nature of the Current Knockback system makes little to no sense to the majority players on the network. And compared to other Featured servers on the Bedrock Network like "Hive", "Galaxite", "Lifeboat" as well as the "InPvP" sister servers, they do not have these randomizations in the Knockback. Even comparing to a Vanilla server ran in PmmP or Vanilla(Bedrock) you can not recreate this, even on a higher ping. Thus resulting in a Major capricious Knockback System.

Vote with :agree: If you believe CubeCraft should fix the Inconsistencies

Vote with :disagree: If you believe CubeCraft should continue having these inconsistencies

"Report it as a bug"
I have but the excuse is "It's a Java based server"

yet when I tell the devs/staff "But it's a bedrock server"
They say "it's ported from java"
Then when I tell them "So it's a Java server?"
They then tell me "No it's a Bedrock server"
But when I then tell them again "Okay so why does it have this bug"
The response is "It came from Java"
Then again I say "So It's a Java server"
They reply "It's a Bedrock server"

It's just a circle of excuses by the Cubecraft team and I find it ridiculous
Yes. I agree with RealJaycg. Fix the kb.

• Love
Reactions: DarkStray
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom