Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
Introduction

FFA is my favourite game in the server, but I feel like its meta is way too unbalanced, and some kits are more powerful than others, making some kits being more used than others.

To objectively measure which kits are best, i collected some data, which resulted in 2 charts that say how many hits you need to deal to an opponent to kill them with all available kits.

Three rules i applied while gathering this data are:
  • All sword hits are regular (no critical damage);
  • All bow hits are done with the bow fully drawn back:
  • All hits are dealt back to back, with no pause in between hits.

Ground Map Damage Chart

yzAvUwN.png

As you can see, the kits seem fairly balanced, until we get to Beast, where it has needs an average of 30% more hits to be killed when compared to Warrior, while its weapon is only 21% weaker. While this may not seem extremely unbalanced in theory, in practice it produces a way more overpowered kit for no reason, with the worst case scenario being when an archer kills a beast with a bow, it needs 2 extra hits when compared to a warrior, which needs the exact same number of hits as a wizard to die.
Meanwhile, the Archer kit may seem overpowered, when in reality its not. Even though it only needs 6 hits to kill a beast, the hits need to be with the bow fully drawn back, something almost impossible to do unless you're really far away from the target, because if you are close the opponent can hit you back at a distance when you are close, accuracy is lower, and you end up using more than 6 arrows, actually you usually need at least 16 arrows to kill a beast with a bow from my experience, and when you get a kill you only get 8 arrows back, making it easy to run out of arrows. An argument against running out of arrows is that you can use the sword included, but since it's an iron sword with knockback 1, i think its mostly used as a way to keep other players out of sword range and use the bow to deal the actual damage, with its main purpose being a secondary weapon.

Winged Map Damage Chart

pKz1zgZ.png

Now in winged maps the story is different, with the Archer kit being way too overpowered, killing everyone with just 2 hits, except for beast, while being relatively hard to kill by anyone but themselves. Archers also have the ability to shoot while in their elytra
Meanwhile, Samurais get completely destroyed by anyone, being killed in 5 hits or less by literally anyone, while their weapon is not extremely overpowered.

Conclusion
Taking all of this into account, my first conclusion was that ground and winged maps need different kits, and not the "Just replace the chestplate with an elytra and keep everything else the same" approach.
My idea to fix most balacing issues in the meta are:
  • Nerf Beast kit in ground maps only, with my idea being making the chestplate and leggings be protection1 instead of being protection 2, making the whole armor protection 1;
  • Give Archers more arrows when they get a kill, at least in ground maps;
  • Nerf Archer kit in winged maps only, with my idea being making the bow power 2 instead of power 3;
  • Buff Samurai kit (not sure if in both ground and winged, but in winged at least), with my idea being making the helmet iron with possible protection 1 as an enchantment, or adding protection 2 or 3 to the leather helmet they already have.

Additional Suggestions
To finish my post, i also suggest giving experience for each kill you make in FFA, since its unfair that i have spent over 300 hours in this gamemode, but have gained 0 experience from it.
Also make it possible to earn cubelets while playing FFA, with my suggestion being having a 0.5% (the number is up to the staff this is just a suggestion) chance of getting a cubelet when making a kill (1 cubelet every 200 kills on average), for the same reason i pointed earlier for experience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 347571

The thread is good but you know that a shopper can get a million kills, it will gain like a lot of cubelets

Odieuse

May 14, 2016
Delft
Introduction

FFA is my favourite game in the server, but I feel like its meta is way too unbalanced, and some kits are more powerful than others, making some kits being more used than others.

To objectively measure which kits are best, i collected some data, which resulted in 2 charts that say how many hits you need to deal to an opponent to kill them with all available kits.

Three rules i applied while gathering this data are:
  • All sword hits are regular (no critical damage);
  • All bow hits are done with the bow fully drawn back:
  • All hits are dealt back to back, with no pause in between hits.

Ground Map Damage Chart
yzAvUwN.png

As you can see, the kits seem fairly balanced, until we get to Beast, where it has needs an average of 30% more hits to be killed when compared to Warrior, while its weapon is only 21% weaker. While this may not seem extremely unbalanced in theory, in practice it produces a way more overpowered kit for no reason, with the worst case scenario being when an archer kills a beast with a bow, it needs 2 extra hits when compared to a warrior, which needs the exact same number of hits as a wizard to die.
Meanwhile, the Archer kit may seem overpowered, when in reality its not. Even though it only needs 6 hits to kill a beast, the hits need to be with the bow fully drawn back, something almost impossible to do unless you're really far away from the target, because if you are close the opponent can hit you back at a distance when you are close, accuracy is lower, and you end up using more than 6 arrows, actually you usually need at least 16 arrows to kill a beast with a bow from my experience, and when you get a kill you only get 8 arrows back, making it easy to run out of arrows. An argument against running out of arrows is that you can use the sword included, but since it's an iron sword with knockback 1, i think its mostly used as a way to keep other players out of sword range and use the bow to deal the actual damage, with its main purpose being a secondary weapon.

Winged Map Damage Chart

pKz1zgZ.png

Now in winged maps the story is different, with the Archer kit being way too overpowered, killing everyone with just 2 hits, except for beast, while being relatively hard to kill by anyone but themselves. Archers also have the ability to shoot while in their elytra
Meanwhile, Samurais get completely destroyed by anyone, being killed in 5 hits or less by literally anyone, while their weapon is not extremely overpowered.

Conclusion
Taking all of this into account, my first conclusion was that ground and winged maps need different kits, and not the "Just replace the chestplate with an elytra and keep everything else the same" approach.
My idea to fix most balacing issues in the meta are:
  • Nerf Beast kit in ground maps only, with my idea being making the chestplate and leggings be protection1 instead of being protection 2, making the whole armor protection 1;
  • Give Archers more arrows when they get a kill, at least in ground maps;
  • Nerf Archer kit in winged maps only, with my idea being making the bow power 2 instead of power 3;
  • Buff Samurai kit (not sure if in both ground and winged, but in winged at least), with my idea being making the helmet iron with possible protection 1 as an enchantment, or adding protection 2 or 3 to the leather helmet they already have.

Additional Suggestions
To finish my post, i also suggest giving experience for each kill you make in FFA, since its unfair that i have spent over 300 hours in this gamemode, but have gained 0 experience from it.
Also make it possible to earn cubelets while playing FFA, with my suggestion being having a 0.5% (the number is up to the staff this is just a suggestion) chance of getting a cubelet when making a kill (1 cubelet every 200 kills on average), for the same reason i pointed earlier for experience.
For the most part i fully agree on this, i only got a couple thinks not that much tho.

-Getting a change to get a cubelet for kills.
When i first saw this i thought to my self yes i would like to see this. But when i thought twice about it. There are players that play meby 4 or 5 hours a day meby even more. They will have like a million cubelets. Really good players dont need to put a lot or Evert into making kills. And they will griend out easy a lot of cubelets. I think it better to dont get cubelets for making kills at all.

-xp for kills.
There is already a other threat ahout this (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/exp-to-ffa.220521/#post-1066377)
My problum with this is as i said above players that play a lot will get also a lot of xp. With this one it is a bit different. You need a lot of xp to level up and if you dont get that much xp per kill it would be nice to have. I agree on that one

Really thanks for searching up all the information you provided us with. You also took you probably a lot of time to make it so thanks for that
^-^

Reactions: Dudu

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
My problum with this is as i said above players that play a lot will get also a lot of xp.
If you see the other thread, i already said that 1xp per kill wouldn't be overkill, in fact , it would be worse than you would get by playing skywars.

Winning a skyways match gives you 100xp, and if you an average match lasts 5 minutes and you have a 25% winrate, that would ammount to 300 xp/hr. If a kill in FFA gave 1 xp, you would need 300 kills/hr to match one of skywars. Now 300 kills/hr in FFA is not impossible, but is quite hard to do, but if we gave 2 xp per kill you would need only 150 kills/hr to match a skywars rate. In my opinion 1xp per kill is a bit low but 2 xp per kill is way too high, so i think 1 xp per kill would be the best option.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
The thread is good but you know that a shopper can get a million kills, it will gain like a lot of cubelets
That's true, and maybe i should have proposed limiting the ammoung of cubelets you can get per day while playing FFA to 1 or 2, so the casual players have a chance of getting one and shoppers and other good players don't get a lot of cubelets.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom