Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, Im suggesting that Cube re-think there development team as it's coming to be apparent that it's completely ridiculous. Cube are continuously bringing out new content without adding up that there's huge problems with there current content, it has been a source of huge dissapointment from both I and everyone i know that Cube will push out and often refuse to fix what often are game-changing bugs.

When I say bringing out new content with out fixing the already present content I mean they don't have time at all to fix the bugs already on the server. They focus on there "projects" while we put up with not being able to join games, falling in the void because the server doesnt like us placing blocks, not being able to in-game report and even the occasional spawning us in the ocean instead of the lobby for no reason.

To begin with my suggestion: Rework the development team to fix only existing content rather than bringing new content. I believe this would be beneficial to both staff and players of cubecraft because theres no point in bringing new content to a half good(bad) server. When the base server and already excisting games are perfect then i believe new content should be added, The reason i suggest this is:

• Current content is buggy
• Devs always busy with "projects" to fix any (game changing) bugs
• The constant inability to play with friends due to a variety of bugs to do with parties
• ECO's not being able to run tournaments due to the party bugs
• Excisting games going into a sad downfall in players due to them being broken (TD)
• Skyblock

It is just a few bugs i have mentioned but there are (unfortunetly) many many more that need fixing.

Furthermore, I also am quite concerned that game changing bugs that are not reproducable need a /whereami yet when ive been looking for the bug for hours and hours and send it to staff help to get a bug fixed there is no response because... no ones there. It would be much better to have some sort of system for this as the games where this happens are often rare and people do look for the /whereami to actually help out when in actuall fact it doesn't.

I can also assure you im not making this thread just because i want to rant about it, ive reported most bugs months and months ago

In Conclusion, I dont care about new content when the base server is broken. Making it so that the base server is perfect and slowly introducing new content while fixing bugs would make player experience much, much better.

Last edited:

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I highly agree with this. I would much rather play eggwars and skywars without blocks disappering and the lag backs than get new gamemodes.

Best example of this is playing eggwars on western. oh my god please just remove the stairs until it is fixed, it is so annoying

Thanks.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
cubes dev team is just as awful as hypixels at this point xd
No. They are good devs that are in a hard position. What matriox is suggesting would get them out of the position of being in a bug filled mess and get them to the point where they have clean games and can focus on new content instead of worrying about bugs.

Anyway, why would you even say this? What does it add? It wont help the dev team or any1 else in any way

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
O hey one more thing i would suggest is that some of the devs/admins go on some alts with no special perms so they can see how annoying some of these issues really are

Reactions: Matriox

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I honestly kind of disagree the bugs that happen are super rare and players are really in need for new content here and when u ask someone why did they leave cubecraft it would probably not be bugs it would be lack of new content and slow updates.
I dont feel the need for new content at all. Matriox is right, the bugs should be fixed first. Idk if you’re on bedrock but on java block glitches and party glitches and a whole bunch of other bugs are commonplace on the server and it’s really disappointing.

Reactions: Thunder and Matriox

craftinggamer999

Novice Member
Mar 17, 2020
Kuwait
Pronouns
He/Him
I dont feel the need for new content at all. Matriox is right, the bugs should be fixed first. Idk if you’re on bedrock but on java block glitches and party glitches and a whole bunch of other bugs are commonplace on the server and it’s really disappointing.
I am a java player quit like 1 year ago and came back like 1 month ago, there is no new content so i got bored playing the same exact scenario 200 times.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I am a java player quit like 1 year ago and came back like 1 month ago, there is no new content so i got bored playing the same exact scenario 200 times.
Not sure what ur understanding of content is but almost every game was updated since a year ago.. Minerware, Eggwars, lucky islands, Tower Defence, seasonal games... with this came a lack of fixing bugs, and that's a problem.

Reactions: 404Owl

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
In terms of , all of cube’s games are pretty well polished, with the 1 exception of emeralds in eggwars. Like 99% of the problems in cubes games are bugs.

Fix the bugs, then work on new content.

Also try playing with friends, or with people on the cubecraft discord. The amount of fun i got out of eggwars increased like 10 times when i started playing with people i could talk to

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey, thanks for the thread! We're glad that you've brought up these concerns with us :]

Currently, our developer team works on so many different avenues of the server at one time - from protocol versioning, to anticheat, to game updates, we have a lot of code pushing to our server every day. Inevitably, bugs will appear as a result.

It's a shame to see a load of bugs go by, I do agree with you on that. And since we're always wanting the best player experience you can get in Minecraft, it's unfortunate that you feel like we haven't upheld that, and for that, we apologise.

We've realised for a while that bugs aren't being dealt with any sense of urgency, and we're currently reworking internally how to deal with bugs without a great delay. This includes a more structured way of dealing with network bugs from a development standpoint, as well as getting more people involved in reporting these bugs (e.g. when they're reported in staff-help with a /whereami output - this is often extremely important in fixing a bug) and assigning priorities.

The suggestion itself though, which is to fix games before adding new ones, is unfortunately not feasible. We're in a privileged position that we're able to develop and experiment with awesome features outside of what you think is possible in Minecraft, with our extremely talented developers, and we cannot wait to show this off to you! However, we will hopefully develop and work on our internal systems so that we're in constant rotations in fixing bugs, as well as providing new content for everyone to enjoy. I would love to have a wider conversation about the state of bugs after we've spent time changing the current method of dealing with bugs.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Hey, thanks for the thread! We're glad that you've brought up these concerns with us :]

Currently, our developer team works on so many different avenues of the server at one time - from protocol versioning, to anticheat, to game updates, we have a lot of code pushing to our server every day. Inevitably, bugs will appear as a result.

It's a shame to see a load of bugs go by, I do agree with you on that. And since we're always wanting the best player experience you can get in Minecraft, it's unfortunate that you feel like we haven't upheld that, and for that, we apologise.

We've realised for a while that bugs aren't being dealt with any sense of urgency, and we're currently reworking internally how to deal with bugs without a great delay. This includes a more structured way of dealing with network bugs from a development standpoint, as well as getting more people involved in reporting these bugs (e.g. when they're reported in staff-help with a /whereami output - this is often extremely important in fixing a bug) and assigning priorities.

The suggestion itself though, which is to fix games before adding new ones, is unfortunately not feasible. We're in a privileged position that we're able to develop and experiment with awesome features outside of what you think is possible in Minecraft, with our extremely talented developers, and we cannot wait to show this off to you! However, we will hopefully develop and work on our internal systems so that we're in constant rotations in fixing bugs, as well as providing new content for everyone to enjoy. I would love to have a wider conversation about the state of bugs after we've spent time changing the current method of dealing with bugs.
I mean I'm glad to see that this is being talked about and that this thread has been seen by the admins, but your response was a little bit dissappointing. It is true that cube has some amazing developers and that you are in the position to make new gamemodes, but I don't think that means you SHOULD make new gamemodes. Like seriously some of the existing bugs in eggwars and skywars are gamebreaking. On paper, lagging back 2 blocks might not be that big of a deal, but when trying to escape from someone in eggwars its a matter of life or death, and hoping you're lucky enough to not get lagged back.

I think you should play around with new gamemodes, but have bugs be your number priority, and to not push out new games until bugs are fixed. Just to clarify, I don't think every bug needs to be fixed, just the really big ones like I mentioned above. For example, the party glitch. While it is annoying, it's pretty easy to deal with and is not that big of a problem once you are actually in the game.

If you have to delay seasonal games because of bugs, that would be unfortunate, but I think it would be better than pushing a new game into a server that already has lots of bugs.

TLDR: Prioritize fixing bugs. Play around with new gamemodes, but don't push any updates/new games until the major bugs are fixed. Having a few well polished and bug free games is better than pushing out new games every few months that have lots of bugs

Last edited:

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I understand you do have to bring new content etc. but i do think, as a member, all i see is a complete ignore of the fact your network is full of bugs. From a members point of view and your rule against leaking we feel that there's no effort at all being put into bugs, which from looking at it, there's not.

Im happy to see you plan on re working how bugs are handled because honestly its kinda sad having just 1 person doing bug reports, well it may seem like a lot since you dont fix any of them anyway.

Well, in the future i hope bugs will start being fixed more regulary because i dont see cubecraft getting much better and having a good future is they're not.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I mean I'm glad to see that this is being talked about and that this thread has been seen by the admins, but your response was a little bit dissappointing. It is true that cube has some amazing developers and that you are in the position to make new gamemodes, but I don't think that means you SHOULD make new gamemodes. Like seriously some of the existing bugs in eggwars and skywars are gamebreaking. On paper, lagging back 2 blocks might not be that big of a deal, but when trying to escape from someone in eggwars its a matter of life or death, and hoping you're lucky enough to not get lagged back.

I think you should play around with new gamemodes, but have bugs be your number priority, and to not push out new games until bugs are fixed. Just to clarify, I don't think every bug needs to be fixed, just the really big ones like I mentioned above. For example, the party glitch. While it is annoying, it's pretty easy to deal with and is not that big of a problem once you are actually in the game.

If you have to delay seasonal games because of bugs, that would be unfortunate, but I think it would be better than pushing a new game into a server that already has lots of bugs.

TLDR: Prioritize fixing bugs. Play around with new gamemodes, but don't push any updates/new games until the major bugs are fixed. Having a few well polished and bug free games is better than pushing out new games every few months that have lots of bugs
I can assure you we do test new gamemodes, but like mentioned in a different thread where the parkour issues were mentioned, sometimes bugs do not come to light until its being tested by thousands of players. That’s why we have gamemodes in beta, so we can focus on fixing the most game breaking issues ASAP (like we did with parkour).

Another thing I want to mention is that we have different kinds of developers. Lagback is a Sentinel issue, Sentinel developers do not create game updates, that is something for our Game team. Meanwhile half of the bug board is Protocol issues, while protocol developers mainly focus on updating to newer versions of the game and issues like a lot of lag by the amount of iron on an iron generator. So that means we can prioritize bugs, but we can also push new games or updates (:

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I can assure you we do test new gamemodes, but like mentioned in a different thread where the parkour issues were mentioned, sometimes bugs do not come to light until its being tested by thousands of players. That’s why we have gamemodes in beta, so we can focus on fixing the most game breaking issues ASAP (like we did with parkour).

Another thing I want to mention is that we have different kinds of developers. Lagback is a Sentinel issue, Sentinel developers do not create game updates, that is something for our Game team. Meanwhile half of the bug board is Protocol issues, while protocol developers mainly focus on updating to newer versions of the game and issues like a lot of lag by the amount of iron on an iron generator. So that means we can prioritize bugs, but we can also push new games or updates (:
OK this is a good point, and I don't want any of this to turn into an argument. To me and a lot of other people, having like 5 well polished, high quality, and bug free games is better than having lots of games that are bugged and messy. Make sure that some of the game breaking bugs are fixed in a more timely manner and I'm happy. These block glitches have been around for months and there has been no sign until now that cubecraft is actually aware of them. Just please fix these huge bugs.

• Agree
Reactions: Matriox
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom