Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
Introduction

Hello,
During this past month, i have been gathering data about how frequently each FFA map spawns out of curiosity, and to see if there was anything of note to point out.

Method and data

First thing to point out is that this is only valid for the 1.9 version, as 1.8 doesn't have winged maps and that interferes with the spawn rate, and i gathered this data in 1.9 only.
To get an idea of how frequently a map spawned i just took note of every time i saw a certain map spawn, and put together the results to get a rough estimate of how likely it is to spawn.
I got a total sample size of 333 maps up until now, but i plan to keep this going to get a more accurate percentage of each map's spawn rate later on. So here is the table and accompanying chart.

Table:
5MVl7oA.png

Chart:
xCMb1bo.png

Analysis

Even though the sample size is quite small, so the rates are obviously not near 100% accurate,we can still get a decent picture of the map spawn rates which are as follows:
  • Ground/Regular maps (Classic, Flatlands, Kingdom, Mirage, Savannah and Tropical) - ~14.5% each
  • Winged/Elytra maps (Flowers and Space) ~7.5% each
As you can see, there's a clear divide between maps, since each winged map has about half the chance to appear compared to each ground map. In reality this feels like a lot more, since there's way more ground maps than winged, so an ~85% chance that a ground map spawns, compared to ~15% for a winged map. As someone who likes winged maps way more than ground ones, this feels quite unfair, as it's quite frequent for me to check cube regularly throught the day to see if any winged maps popped up, only to find 6 mirage maps at once (this actually happened once by the way). It's not rare to have 0 winged maps available in an entire afternoon.

Suggestions

I think that the spawn rate for winged maps should be increased to the same rate of other maps, to make it more fair for the people who want those maps.
Also kind of unrelated to this thread, but i suggest adding more maps to FFA. It's not something that takes a lot of time nor server resources, if community submissions are used, and PvP is more refreshing with a new environment.

Conclusion

To sum up, i would like for CubeCraft to make winged maps more common to appear and add new maps to the server.

Finally, thank you for reading this thread. This took some time to make, so I'm glad you took to some time to read it too!

barisart

Jun 13, 2019
I would like to have a new map, its been 2 years since we got a REAL new update for ffa :/ They only give skywars, eggwars and luckblock island updates. Like towerdefence really needs an update they havent updated since 3 YEARS

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Reesle wrote on Mimoune xb's profile.
Hey, it’s been a while! How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom