Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should apology gifts be a thing or not

• YES

• No

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiquifyFT

Jul 14, 2019
I think players on the network that have been falsely banned should get an apology gift. As I got false banned yesterday and got unbanned today. And I was just using Badlion that is allowed on the network. It was a 7-day ban and not even a sorry it just says Punishment Expired. Now isn't that kinda rude in away?

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
If you were to get gifts for being false bans, then people would abuse that. They are trying to get banned, then make it look like they were innocent and voilla you have a free gift.

And falsebans happen, and if it was a falseban then staff would know and remove it from your banhistory (i think).

It is a no from me

D

Deleted member 511644

Unfornately no, same reason as Mr_Tommy.

YoungPablo

Jan 25, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
I think players on the network that have been falsely banned should get an apology gift. As I got false banned yesterday and got unbanned today. And I was just using Badlion that is allowed on the network. It was a 7-day ban and not even a sorry it just says Punishment Expired. Now isn't that kinda rude in away?

This ain't necessary , I was also false banned it's just a problem with sentinel and the staff will remove it from you in a matter of hours, So don't worry about it!

LiquifyFT

Jul 14, 2019
Okay now I understand what you think about that and I kinda agree but at least a sorry would be nice.

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Okay now I understand what you think about that and I kinda agree but at least a sorry would be nice.
Exactly, I'd love to see some kind of compensation for false bans, even if the ban didn't last long: You're causing a situation where a player gets confused because they were punished for something they didn't do. Just a small gift like some (seasonal) cubelets would fit well in situations like these.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Absolutely! It's really unfair to get banned for no reason whatsoever. It's also probably one of the reasons why Sentinel is disliked so much, and the people who might be upset about it are completely right to complain and demand a compensation, ESPECIALLY if they're ranked users. An apology gift is the least CubeCraft can do to demonstrate they actually care about the users that have been unfairly punished. Now imagine having paid a plus subscription, and losing 2-3 days of that subscription because of a false ban, they don't even give you those days back, while they totally should. They're making their players lose money because their anticheat sometimes bans innocent players.

I've never been happy with the way false banned players are treated, if they seek help they're just told to "bE pAtIeNt". I can see how it could be a really frustrating experience to be false banned and then told they have to wait for days so they can play again, because of a mistake that isn't even their fault. I know speeding up the process isn't really a viable solution at the moment, so a recompensation would be the best way to go about it.

Now I wonder how players can exploit this? How can I get myself banned by Sentinel on purpose? I wanna try it out. If such is the case, that's CubeCraft's fault as well. If you can purposely get punished then it's a bug in the anticheat. Perhaps the only way to cheat the system would be with mutes, to which I propose simply not giving apology gifts for, in the case of being a false punishment. I could go in chat and say something inappropriate, and then in my appeal say I meant something different and sound completely believable.

Reactions: YoungPablo

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
Must there be an apology gift for every player that is banned, then it takes more time to give the reward than the unban.
I would say no to the apology gift!

LiquifyFT

Jul 14, 2019
Sentinel appeals are being reviewed in 3 to 22 hours since Feb 7 2020, monday to monday. I dare say it's the best time we have ever had in cubecraft's history.
Can you comment on the bug that false bans normal players using mods that are allowed on the server and are you gonna fix it? And even if there is no gift at least a sorry would be wonderful. Because there was no sorry or anything I thought of this gift thing because it made me feel horrible for not even being able to get a sorry but it's just so simple to say sorry it can mean a lot.

Reactions: Eli

LiquifyFT

Jul 14, 2019
If you were to get gifts for being false bans, then people would abuse that. They are trying to get banned, then make it look like they were innocent and voilla you have a free gift.

And falsebans happen, and if it was a falseban then staff would know and remove it from your banhistory (i think).

It is a no from me
So if I take this correctly a staff member or Sentinal can just ban a player for no reason and they need to appeal. And if the appeal got denied the only way to get unbanned really is just to wait it out or dm an Admin. Oh yeah, that will also go on your ban history. Now when I appealed my ban yesterday I got lucky accepted today. And not even a dm or anything saying sorry for the inconvenience.

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
Can you comment on the bug that false bans normal players using mods that are allowed on the server and are you gonna fix it? And even if there is no gift at least a sorry would be wonderful.

I report every false positive I'm able to replicate to our dev team. Sadly we don't have a full-time anticheat developer yet. That's why fixes and updates takes up more time than desired. And of course I apologize for the inconvenience if that player messaged me on forums. The only way i have to contact every player is via the appeals website, but replying there means i can't know if that player read my message, and waiting for anoter reply isn't a good idea because that means it will extend the punishment needlessly (If i approve an appeal, everything disappears from the appeals website, replies included)

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
So if I take this correctly a staff member or Sentinal can just ban a player for no reason and they need to appeal. And if the appeal got denied the only way to get unbanned really is just to wait it out or dm an Admin. Oh yeah, that will also go on your ban history. Now when I appealed my ban yesterday I got lucky accepted today. And not even a dm or anything saying sorry for the inconvenience.
Staff members can ban without a reason, but they are not allowed to do that. If they did there will be consequences for them. (I don't know these).

LiquifyFT

Jul 14, 2019
Staff members can ban without a reason, but they are not allowed to do that. If they did there will be consequences for them. (I don't know these).
What I mean by no reason is false banning a normal player because the thought they were hacking or whatever. And those rules are basic rules you should know if you have played Minecraft for 6 months.

Reactions: remio
D

Deleted member 294498

Edit: Ah, didn't read the suggestion that well, but I guess this is unneeded

Last edited by a moderator:

Sl0wMo7ion

Server & Marketplace Quality Assurance
Feb 19, 2020
Bulgaria
cubecraft.net
I absolutely disagree this to receive gifts for false bans. Everyone can make a mistake and I think if we receive a gift for every false ban, we will start to abuse this and we will try to get banned to receive something...
No.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom