Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

?

• Total voters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You see all those crazy suggestions about eggwars that may or may not work? Do you think it's not a good idea to put those suggestions to practice in the real eggwars because it would totally change the game? Do you think it's therefore impossible to test the suggestions?

Well I've got just the right solution for you!

A beta lobby version of eggwars!

What does this mean?
Suggestions for eggwars like faster generators, very cheap enderpearls, random potions or adding elytra into the game is now possible! Not in the real eggwars, but in the beta lobby eggwars, where it doesn't matter how broken everything is!

How would it work?
I've come up with two possible ways this would work:
1:
When joining the beta lobby eggwars, a random altered mode is chosen as a game. At the end of the game players can vote if they like the gamemode or not.
2:
When joining the beta lobby eggwars, players can vote for a specific altered mode. The mode will then be randomly selected from the votes.

Now, to start off, I've thought of some crazy modes myself (all names are subject to change):
-Faster generators; Generators generate items 2x as fast
-Ender madness; Enderpearls now cost 10 diamonds
-No projectiles; self explanatory.
-Explosive eggwars: The price of tnt is changed to 1 gold for 2 tnt, an explosive bow is added for 12 diamonds, an explosive II bow is added for 25 diamonds, and an explosive IV bow is added for 64 diamonds.
-Infected eggwars; Eliminating a player will turn them into your teammate.
-Infected eggs: Destroying an egg changes the egg into your egg, meaning you can have multiple eggs.
-Eggy Alliances; Your team is allied with another team. You and the other team can win together and can't kill each other or break each other's eggs. Names of allies will be displayed in bold, just like your own teammates are already displayed in bold. Original idea from @FartiliciousManChild
-Bigger teams: The amount of teams is halved, because your team will merge with another random team to become one new team. This means all teams have 2 eggs.
-Anti-Eggwars; Eggwars without eggs. You've got one life, make the most out of it.
-Industrial revolution: All generators start at their max level.
-Iron Everywhere: All generators now produce iron only. gold generators produce 2 iron instead of 1 gold, and diamond generators produce 4 iron instead of 1 gold. Every item in the shop now costs iron.
-Fly through the sky: Elytra are added for 10 diamonds, levitation potions are added for 10 gold, and jump boost potions are added for 10 iron.
-Polarization: There are only 2 teams. Say the original map had 8 teams originally. That means 4 teams would merge and the other 4 teams would merge, forming 2 megateams.
-Overpopulation: The amount of players is doubled. So Mansion with 20 players per team, toys with 4 players per team, etc.

To make it even more interesting, two or 3 altered modes could go together at random, so you could have games with "Iron Everywhere", and "Infected eggs", both at the same time.

Wouldn't this create a divide between the 2 eggwars versions, causing players to play less normal eggwars?
Maybe. This usually happens when a new gamemode comes out though, players stop playing other games for a while to test out the new game. Even if this change is more permanent, it's not necessarily a bad thing if people prefer the other version. What matters most is that they have fun.

Would players like this?
Oh heck yes they would. Just look at how popular Insane duels were compared to the other modes when duels first came out.

D

Deleted member 346231

I quite like this idea, sometimes you really want to play those absurd suggestions for eggwars. +1

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Love this idea, and no one say it's copying hypixel because hypixel have done everything good in one way or another :)
+1

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
You see all those crazy suggestions about eggwars that may or may not work? Do you think it's not a good idea to put those suggestions to practice in the real eggwars because it would totally change the game? Do you think it's therefore impossible to test the suggestions?

Well I've got just the right solution for you!

A beta lobby version of eggwars!

What does this mean?
Suggestions for eggwars like faster generators, very cheap enderpearls, random potions or adding elytra into the game is now possible! Not in the real eggwars, but in the beta lobby eggwars, where it doesn't matter how broken everything is!

How would it work?
I've come up with two possible ways this would work:
1:
When joining the beta lobby eggwars, a random altered mode is chosen as a game. At the end of the game players can vote if they like the gamemode or not.
2:
When joining the beta lobby eggwars, players can vote for a specific altered mode. The mode will then be randomly selected from the votes.

Now, to start off, I've thought of some crazy modes myself (all names are subject to change):
-Faster generators; Generators generate items 2x as fast
-Explosive eggwars: The price of tnt is changed to 1 gold for 2 tnt, an explosive bow is added for 12 diamonds, an explosive II bow is added for 25 diamonds, and an explosive IV bow is added for 64 diamonds.
-Infected eggwars; Eliminating a player will turn them into your teammate.
-Infected eggs: Destroying an egg changes the egg into your egg, meaning you can have multiple eggs.
-Eggy Alliances; Your team is allied with another team. You and the other team can win together and can't kill each other or break each other's eggs. Names of allies will be displayed in bold, just like your own teammates are already displayed in bold. Original idea from @FartiliciousManChild
-Bigger teams: The amount of teams is halved, because your team will merge with another random team to become one new team. This means all teams have 2 eggs.
-Anti-Eggwars; Eggwars without eggs. You've got one life, make the most out of it.
-Iron Everywhere: All generators now produce iron only. gold generators produce 2 iron instead of 1 gold, and diamond generators produce 4 iron instead of 1 gold. Every item in the shop now costs iron.
-Fly through the sky: Elytra are added for 10 diamonds, levitation potions are added for 10 gold, and jump boost potions are added for 10 iron.
-Polarization: There are only 2 teams. Say the original map had 8 teams originally. That means 4 teams would merge and the other 4 teams would merge, forming 2 megateams.
-Overpopulation: The amount of players is doubled. So Mansion with 20 players per team, toys with 4 players per team, etc.

To make it even more interesting, two or 3 altered modes could go together at random, so you could have games with "Iron Everywhere", and "Infected eggs", both at the same time.

Wouldn't this create a divide between the 2 eggwars versions, causing players to play less normal eggwars?
Maybe. This usually happens when a new gamemode comes out though, players stop playing other games for a while to test out the new game. Even if this change is more permanent, it's not necessarily a bad thing if people prefer the other version. What matters most is that they have fun.

Would players like this?
Oh heck yes they would. Just look at how popular Insane duels were compared to the other modes when duels first came out.
This is the best suggestion ever. Also your ideas are very good :)

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I suggested this a long time ago and no one liked the idea. Granted the thread was a few paragraphs. This is racist...

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think this would be really cool and fun... for a few days. Don’t get me wrong, some of those suggestions sound really interesting to play with, but I really don’t think it will work out well. Take Hypixel’s lab modes (which is the same concept as this). It was well received and the modes were really unique and fun to play. But then it died out and players went back to the normal mode.
I just don’t think it would be worth the development time to create something like this. Some of the modes I really can’t see players playing it more than 10 times max before they had enough.

I like the idea, but I don’t think it would work on the server.

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
I would really like to try out some of these modes, it would be nice to see some variety. Plus If your worried about the modes dying down you could make it a monthly thing, it would be a special event that lasts for maybe a week or 5 days. It would be exclusive and would draw a lot of attention for the short time that it is there.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I think this would be really cool and fun... for a few days. Don’t get me wrong, some of those suggestions sound really interesting to play with, but I really don’t think it will work out well. Take Hypixel’s lab modes (which is the same concept as this). It was well received and the modes were really unique and fun to play. But then it died out and players went back to the normal mode.
I just don’t think it would be worth the development time to create something like this. Some of the modes I really can’t see players playing it more than 10 times max before they had enough.

It's not only there just for the sake of it being there;
The beta version can be used to test out more community suggestions which can't be added into normal eggwars because they are so experimental.
Also what @MimicPanda said.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I've said it before and i'll say it now.

Eggwars needs some freshening up (and no, that doesn't mean 'just add more maps').

Would totally be on board with this.

About this: easy solution would be to just scrap the modes that aren't getting anymore love. This whole concept could also be a good tool to find a good extra gamemode variation or something along those lines for Eggwars (which i think it really needs, but hey, just my opinion), by just scrapping each gamemode 1 by 1 untill the most succesfull one remains and is viewed as succesfull on its own aswell outside of the comparison with the other beta modes (so not just have one remaining that is best out of <insert amount of beta modes> which still sucks; so imagine in the worst case scenario that all the beta modes would be received as bad and you would pick the best out of those (so still a bad one, since all of them would be bad like i stated before). No, you don't do that of course)

I think the time spent on developping this concept (or something very similiar to it) would be worth the risk of failure, but then again, i'll be totally honest and say that i'm not particularly knowledgable about the amount of time that needs to be spent in order to develop something like this.

EDIT: Also what @CommunistCactus just said above.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I've said it before and i'll say it now.

Eggwars needs some freshening up (and no, that doesn't mean 'just add more maps').

Would totally be on board with this.

About this: easy solution would be to just scrap the modes that aren't getting anymore love. This whole concept could also be a good tool to find a good extra gamemode variation or something along those lines for Eggwars (which i think it really needs, but hey, just my opinion), by just scrapping each gamemode 1 by 1 untill the most succesfull one remains and is viewed as succesfull on its own aswell outside of the comparison with the other beta modes (so not just have one remaining that is best out of <insert amount of beta modes> which still sucks; so imagine in the worst case scenario that all the beta modes would be received as bad and you would pick the best out of those (so still a bad one, since all of them would be bad like i stated before). No, you don't do that of course)

I think the time spent on developping this concept (or something very similiar to it) would be worth the risk of failure, but then again, i'll be totally honest and say that i'm not particularly knowledgable about the amount of time that needs to be spent in order to develop something like this.

EDIT: Also what @CommunistCactus just said above.
I don't really think you understand how long development can take. We would be spending weeks, if not months, creating these modes just to basically throw them out. If we could spend a day on each mode to development, sure! This idea could work. But development requires coding, testing, bug fixing, revising, more testing. You can't just throw something together and have it be a playable fun game. It isn't worth it to develop a game just to remove it in ~5 days.

D

Deleted member 100818

I don't really think you understand how long development can take. We would be spending weeks, if not months, creating these modes just to basically throw them out. If we could spend a day on each mode to development, sure! This idea could work. But development requires coding, testing, bug fixing, revising, more testing. You can't just throw something together and have it be a playable fun game. It isn't worth it to develop a game just to remove it in ~5 days.
Well I know this takes long, but have you seen him mentioning that it should be added now? I think he just means that it could be a fun feature to have, but it does not need any hurry. For the remove it in 5 days thing. Do you really think when this is added they'd just remove it in 5 days because nobody plays it? Then how do you explain the fact that games like (especially) UHC are still here? This could just be a side project, something that they might add in years, but that doesn't mean it ain't worth a shot. And I honestly think it could work out very well. And yes I know it's a very rare thing, CubeCraft devs and spare time right? But I don't believe they do not even have a minute for this.

And if developers are that busy, you could basically lock every new (mini) game suggestion, as they'd probably don't have the time to make that. But you don't, because it is possible to implement, but it would just take a while because of their "code pressure" if you know what I mean.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
If we could spend a day on each mode to development, sure! This idea could work
Good news for you my friend:
All of these suggested modes only require a price to be changed, a vanilla item which doesn't need any coding to be added to the shop, an item to be removed from the shop, or a few blocks to change in the map. Shouldn't take more than a day to change the price of an enderpearl?

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom