Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
Hello,

I know that I hate a lot on Cube and their decisions, but this one really bothers me as it's my favorite gamemode on the server. To me it seems that Survival Games gets constantly overlooked and that makes me sad - because of that it's dying. I honestly think it needs more attention. There is so much that could be improved. Also some things that should be removed. So I decided to make a big thread about it and try to adress as much as I can. (big props for help to @StorySays, @JaiStrixZ and everybody else who helped). In every section I'll adress the bigger ideas and then the smaller ones.

1.8 Survival Games
First off I'm gonna talk about 1.8 SG. This is honestly a must. It's one of the most enjoyable gamemodes I've ever played on Minecraft. It would bring so many new players and it would make it way more popular on this server. It would also bring old players back to the server, as I know so many people that left just because SG was only 1.9. Honestly this needs to be added!

Voting Options
Second off I'm going to talk about voting options.
I discussed this with a lot of people and all of them gave a similar response, so I'll list it here.

Voting for world events.
Adding this would make more variety for people with ranks. A lot of players dislike the current world events as they simply don't improve the gameplay experience, they're just not fun. So instead of having these type of world events I thought it would be good to have a new voting option that allows players to choose between:
- Deathmatch (Just like how it used to be before the update, after a certain amount of time everyone gets teleported)
- Normal Border (Just like it is now, the border closes in slowly so that players will come across each other more easily)
- Everyone gets the glowing effect (A new unique option, everyone will have the glowing effect so you'll be able to see where everyone is and kill them, also due to people being able to block themselves with cobblestone keep borders, but make them 2x or 3x slower)

Other voting changes
A couple of other things that I believe should be changed:
- Remove health voting options all together, in all my time of playing this new SG I've barely ever seen anyone vote for anything different than normal health. I believe this is simply because it doesn't add anything fun or interesting to the gameplay really, especially because the game is already in 1.9 in which it takes longer to kill opponents.
- Add a no kits vote option, although this didn't work out too amazing on SkyWars I believe it would work better here. The kits on Survival Games aren't just an item you get atm, they're more like abilities which sometimes are quite overpowered and change the game drastically.

Huge kit overhaul
This is probably what me and @StorySays discussed for the longest time. As we felt that the kits are extremely unbalanced we decided to just overhaul the kit system. When we made this we tried to make it as fair as possible to all players. We decided that we would only make "raw" kits. Kits that only give you stuff, and not any abilities, as we thought that was the main thing why it was so unbalanced (cannibal). So this is what we came up with, if you get any idea for a new kit, let us know!
Archer
- Bow
- 16 arrows

Mad Scientist

- Poison Splash Potion
- Fire Resistance Splash Potion
- Healing Splash Potion
- Swiftness Splash Potion

Smuggler
- One chest with random loot

Demolitionist

- 4 TNT

Enchanter
- 32 Bottles o' enchanting
- 8 Lapis

Fisherman

- 1 Fishing rod
- 5 Cooked fish

Mans best friend
- 1 Wolf Egg
- 4 Raw Beef

Feast

- 3 Cooked porkchops
- 3 Steaks
- 3 Bread pieces

Pyro
- 1 Flint 'n' steel
- 1 Fire protection chain chestplate

Scout
- 2:00 Splash potion of switftness

Tracker
- 1 Compass

Swordsman
- Normal stone sword

Medic
- 4 Healing Splash Potions
- Red Leather Chestplate
- White Leather boots

Guardian
- 1 Iron chestplate
- 1 Shield

Swine rider
- 1 Pig spawn egg
- 1 Carrot on a stick

Diver
- 1 Pair of blue leather boots with depth strider I
- 1 Blue chestplate
- 1 Wooden sword with looting I

Eagle
- 3 feathers that will boost you forward like it's in Spleef

- possibly many more kits!

However, if you don't decide to change the kit system and keep it how it is, please, don't forget to remove the body-eating. Literally ruins the game.

Items
I kinda think that the item balancing in chests is probably the best thing about Cubecraft's SG. But still there are some things that could be added.

Basic items
The main issue that we found with this was that there is not really a way of healing yourself in hardcore mode.
- add more items that you can heal yourself with
- add feathers and flint so you can craft arrows

Normal Items
- add apples and gold ingots to allow players to craft golden apples
- add feathers and flint so you can craft arrows
- remove fire aspect from swords
- remove ender pearls

Overpowered Items

We thought that OP is pretty balanced as it is now so we decided not to add anything to this.
Maps
Currently there isn't a big amount of maps and they don't even seem to be adding any :(. Once I asked why there are no new maps for SG, the answer I got: It takes time to make an SG map. Well then me and my brother tried making one and we made it on roughly 3 weeks and it actually looked great. Just to compare that: the last time a map was added to SG was around 3 or 4 months ago, maybe more. Compared to other gamemodes (such as SW or EW) it's nothing. Adding new maps for more people would make SG so much better as well. Here are some possible map themes. Also SG needs maps needs map for more people. Especially in team mode, like make a map for 4 teams of 7 etc.
New York or London or Tokyo
- basically a map in a big city that would look like either New York, London or Tokyo, (Tsunami world event for Tokyo)
London.jpg

Olympus
- a map that would be situated around a big mountain with all kinds of ancient Greek structures
- 12 player map
Olympus.jpg

Moon / Mars
- a map that would be on the Moon or Mars, maybe with a some kind of a Moonbase
- 24 player map
moonbase.jpg

Gardens
- a map that would be situated in a huge garden - huge flowers, plant maze
- 12 player map
gardens.jpg

Airport
- a map that would be on a huge airport with all kinds of planes and runways
- 24 player map
airport.jpg

Tropic / Resort
- a map on a luxurious tropical island
- 32 player map
tropical.jpg

Insect
- a map with huge insects
- 12 player map
(couldnt really find a fitting pic)

Bay/Port
- a map in a huge port with lots of boats
- 16 player map
booty bay.jpg

Hell
- a map situated in Hell
- 32 player map
hell.jpg

Tital
- a map with a town in a middle of a cyclone tsunami, so the border would be like a huge wave crashing towards the centre, (tsunami world event)
- 16 player map

tsunami.jpg

Alien
- a map in an alien-like world
- 16 player map
alien.jpg

Future
- a map situated in the future with a lot of futuristic cool stuff
- 32 or 48 player map

future.jpg

Broken
- the aftermath of a huge earthquake, just majorly broken up so like parts of the map is like a sheer drop into darkness, bridges going over huge ravine kinda things, some parts of the map being completely seperate to other parts because they have broken off
- 24 player map
(couldn't really find a pic)

Asgard
- the kingdom/world of the Norse gods, so that's Odin, Thor and that kind of thing, basically a huge kingdom
- 32 player map
asgard.jpg

Hogwarts
- literally a map from Harry Potter
- 24 or 32 player map

hogwarts.jpg

Japan
- ancient Japan culture
- 24 player map
japan.jpg

Empire
- a (fallen) empire
- 32 or more player map
fallen.jpg

Yellowstone

- Yellowstone park
- 24 player map
yellowstone.jpg

Western
- a western styled map
- 24 player map
western.jpg

- also there could me revamped maps of Castles, Village, Pirates and Steampunk
- also add more chests to Jurassic
- and many more maps!

Lobbies
The main lobby is fine. The pre-game lobbies are fine too, but there was an idea from @JaiStrixZ that I really liked. It would be like a lobby theme of the map you joined, for example for Moon - The moon map waiting lobby would be a space station and all players are given levitation. It's not necessary at all, but would certainly look great!

This would be it. There is probably a ton of things that should still be improved, but these are the main ones.
Thanks for reading and if you can, give this thread your support and mostly your feedback!
Once again huge thanks to @StorySays and @JaiStrixZ!

Last edited:

Aihegao

Dedicated Member
Aug 14, 2016
LITter box
niceme.me
Remove Earthquake event pls w. I still have have nightmares from being banned for flying because of it.

The map example ideas are g o o d. Current maps are pretty boring tbh, and it could definitely use more, and the ideas given look very fun and interesting. Plus, if SG were to be added in the 1.8 version of the server, then I might actually see a reason to play in 1.8. 99% of server players prefer 1.8, so adding 1.8 to ANYTHING is sure to bring about more people, or just updating the gamemode in general, so that it isn't so unpopular. No one seems to play SG, and I think it's one of the best and most fun modes, so it needs more content and players for sure.

It's about time someone shed light on making SG less dead and boring, and who better than the man, the legend himself, the most notorious and all time best PvPer on the server, T h e f t y !

ok good thread +1 pls add thanks w

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
everything minus the kits

I like the kits now
Ever seen the difference in price between Cannibal and Vampire? 600 points.
Have you seen the difference between the two? Basically vampire is overpriced for what it gives you unless someone votes for hardcore health.

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
Remove Earthquake event pls w. I still have have nightmares from being banned for flying because of it.

The map example ideas are g o o d. Current maps are pretty boring tbh, and it could definitely use more, and the ideas given look very fun and interesting. Plus, if SG were to be added in the 1.8 version of the server, then I might actually see a reason to play in 1.8. 99% of server players prefer 1.8, so adding 1.8 to ANYTHING is sure to bring about more people, or just updating the gamemode in general, so that it isn't so unpopular. No one seems to play SG, and I think it's one of the best and most fun modes, so it needs more content and players for sure.

It's about time someone shed light on making SG less dead and boring, and who better than the man, the legend himself, the most notorious and all time best PvPer on the server, T h e f t y !

ok good thread +1 pls add thanks w
Yeah I was thinking of removing that lmao

Aihegao

Dedicated Member
Aug 14, 2016
LITter box
niceme.me
Yeah I was thinking of removing that lmao
I didn't mean for you to remove it from the thread, but for the Earthquake event to be removed entirely. It's completely obnoxious and has no immersive or cosmetic appeal whatsoever, it's just simply annoying. Plus, through getting banned from it along with Leovardo IN THE SAME SECOND, it makes me feel salty every time it happens.

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
I didn't mean for you to remove it from the thread, but for the Earthquake event to be removed entirely. It's completely obnoxious and has no immersive or cosmetic appeal whatsoever, it's just simply annoying. Plus, through getting banned from it along with Leovardo IN THE SAME SECOND, it makes me feel salty every time it happens.
I know xDDD and it is annoying

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Is OP actually balanced though? Some chests have 3 or 4 gapples + a fire sword, others have gold armour and a stick. Some people win games just because they are lucky finding a lot of gapples and others find none

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Well the loot is meant to be random :p it's all based on luck
Well in 1.9 gapples are basically an extra life, I can't think of any successful survival games servers over the years that's had items that can do that in huge amounts in chests

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Completely agree with the kits. Cannibal has been the most broken one, and really nothing has been done to nerf it so far. A kit overhaul seems like a must-have to me.
Voting for no kits is especially cool in my opinion. Definitely a good one for a game like SG. Voting for world events also seems pretty safe, but too many voting options could get kind of messy. I like world events as they are now (except for earthquake as it's just plain annoying), but an option to specifically disable them would be nice.
The crafting materials in chests: Seems pretty nice, but I would probably overlook them myself as I usually already have everything I need without crafting. I'm still up for adding it, though.
New maps is impossible to be against. I want more maps for SG like anyone else, as it's kind of a disregarded gamemode when it comes to adding maps. Adding more would spice it up and bring some more variety into the game.

I overall pretty much agree with you with everything mentioned.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I can't really think of any other server that has "OP" in general... so I think it's fine in OP :p
There is OP, and then there is ridiculous. Its like how the old OP skywars used to be, that was ridiculous, some people spawned and in their chests they'd have 64 gapples and others would have only steak, and even if they had more gear and a better weapon, the guy who had the 64 gapples would always win by just eating. They've now reduced the amount of gapples and have put a cap on each chest (I think its 2 gapples max per chest, if there are any gapples in those chests) now, so the gamemode is still OP, but not ridiculous

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Swine rider
- 1 Pig spawn egg
- 1 Carrot on a stick
Say no more +1

Tbh we need this to fix sg. The kits make the game absolutely unbalanced and the few maps it has get boring. I agree with everything in the thread. 1.8 SG is really the only game I would consider playing alone on cube 1.8 if it were added since it doesn't have void.

Reactions: Thefty
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom