Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Elitist_Deletist

Jan 15, 2016
Alfred, New York.
Okay so a few things I have noticed. The choosing a tower path thing is quite annoying, having to click it every time. The placement limit for certain towers needs to be brought back. While the tower range thing is nice, it causes a lot of lag. Make it so we can disable it completely or just so we can turn it on one at a time, or have an inventory item that when clicked on a tower does that. The mobs seem okay, though it seems like silverfish are the new meta. A way to one click fully upgrade a tower when placing it would be nice. There needs to be a better way to do in game reports, it takes too much time to get the screen shots, evidence, and file the reports while trying to play a game at the same time. Other than that, really good update.

Reactions: Matriox

dartz42

Novice Member
Aug 15, 2017
I have several concerns and other info / feedback about the update posted here:
If you're new, or truly care about the TD community, please, take a look.

Reactions: Shotgun and Matriox
May 3, 2020
Hey Java CubeCrafters!

Today is a big day for us all! We're finally releasing an update for our Tower Defence gamemode - after 1233 days! We're super excited to be showing off this update - after a lot of feedback from our staff team, and the Tower Defence Discord! Read on to find out more 👀

✨ Quality of Life Features!

This update includes a whole bunch of quality of life features for everyone to experiment and mess around with - take a look!
  • Tower range tool!

This shows you the range of the tower in three different ways! 😮
1) You can see the tower range by hovering over the top of the tower.
2) You can see all of the nearest 10 towers range by shifting.
3) You can permanently see a towers range by activating the tool in the tower menu:

• Change inventory layout!
When you spawn in the Tower Defence lobby, you will be able to change your inventory layout! This inventory will be saved for all of your games going forward, but you will be able to change in your next game. This helps you with organising your hotbar to your preference, and also gives you the ability to have more than one AoE in your hotbar! 🎉

• Auto-centring towers!
One of the most heavily requested features for Tower Defence, towers are now able to automatically centre to the needed position! This is turned on by default, but you're able to disable it in the settings menu. Finally, new players won't awkwardly place an archer tower in the middle of four tower locations! 🙌

• Settings menu in the waiting lobby!
You can also edit your settings beforehand in the waiting lobby. Woo!

• Choose tower path!
I know it's annoying to not be able to upgrade your team's path because "They haven't chosen the upgrade path yet!"... That's a problem of the past! You now need to choose the path of the tower that you are placing. This is also supported by the quick-placing tower method, so you can shift-click an archer tower with path two, for example. If you do not choose a path, it defaults to the top path.

🏰 Mob, Tower & Bazaar Balancing!

We've also assessed the current meta in the game, and have made adjustments to mobs, towers and bazaar items. Here are the changes we've made!

> Witches: Decreased health slightly, increased unlock prices.
> Giants: Decreased unlock prices, increased health, giants now run at 20% health.
> Silverfish: Completely changed.
> Creepers: Now have adopted a kamikaze strategy - decreasing their health, but increasing their speed & damage.
> Level 4 & 5 Skeletons: Nerfed damage and increased price slightly.
> Slimes: Instead of dividing, slimes now decrease in size when killed. They lose 25% of their maximum health.

> Leech Tower: Increased base damage.
> Ice Tower: Increased probability for level 4 to do 4 damage to mobs.
> Zeus Tower: Decreased initial price for tower, increased fire rate for path 2.
> Archer Tower: Increased fire rate for path 1.
> Poison Tower: Increased fire rate for path 2's damage against mobs that go near the tower.

> Decreased number of hits to charge a bow or sword slightly.
> Decreased Inferno AoE duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds. Increased cost slightly.
> Buffed Zeus AoE to effecting only 1 mob to 4 mobs. Increased base damage slightly.

This sums up the major balancing changes that have come. If you have any feedback, be sure to leave it for us!

🗒️ Reintroducing Tutorial!

The tutorial is back!
All players have the choice to complete the tutorial when clicking on the Tower Defence NPC - we highly recommend for you all to complete it, as the accept/decline message will continually appear until you do so. You also get an achievement for it, so, silver linings! 👏

The tutorial is quite similar to the old tutorial that was on our server years ago - we've added a stage in the tutorial talking about the use of Ice and Mage towers, and how they can be used to maximise damage against incoming mobs. We hope you enjoy the tutorial, and we hope you see more informed decisions from new players from now!

🐮 New Map - Farm!

View attachment 184930
Built by @Robbedz & track built by @Shotgun, take on the onslaughts of mobs in a farm! Watch out, those sheep don't look too friendly... 🐑

💙 Special thanks!

This update simply wouldn't be possible without our friends at the Tower Defence Discord. They have been super responsive from the initial community talk to this point, and we honestly wouldn't have made this update as good as it is now without them!

These people are @Shotgun, @CrystalDrop, @star4lyfe, @MoonHuntress, @Matriox, @Swagmaistro420, @Dubbz, @Savvy, @Wvzy, @Magda_Korra, @YNDIDON, @shanewolf38, @iLxgend - these people are the masters behind Tower Defence and have been for a really long time, so them helping us with this update has been super informative and gave us a better sense of direction! It's also the first time we've run testing with external community members, and considering it's gone really well, we may hold some more in the future. 😉
Our staff team have also helped a lot with this update as a part of a private TD testing Discord, but we definitely would be in a more clueless position without these people. :heart:

We hope you all have enjoyed this update! Have fun, and stay safe 💙
Loving the new update!! I hope you guys will continue to update Tower Defense regularly as it's my favorite game on the server. Some recommendations I think you guys should consider, is adding some new towers and mobs, a vote to kick system, private custom games that you can create if you have a high enough rank, and possibly even a ranking system for how good you are at the minigame. Those are just some ideas I have that I think would be super cool. Thanks guys!!

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Loving the new update!! I hope you guys will continue to update Tower Defense regularly as it's my favorite game on the server. Some recommendations I think you guys should consider, is adding some new towers and mobs, a vote to kick system, private custom games that you can create if you have a high enough rank, and possibly even a ranking system for how good you are at the minigame. Those are just some ideas I have that I think would be super cool. Thanks guys!!
vote kick will be abused, like in the past.
new towers and mobs would be nice honestly, so yes x3
private games if added, should NOT count for your stats as it could be used to boost them.
i dont think ranking is a need, just use the LB or something

Reactions: Shotgun and Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
i think the playerbase is too small for 2v2 and 3v3, leaving 6v6 completely dead. 4v4 would be much better in stead of 6v6 tho
Yes pls, I'd love to have other team sizes. It rlly wouldn't be a lot of work it's not the case of changing game mechanics and maps bcs take desert, valley and hillside for example they could be 3/4 player maps I rlly would love this

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
i think the playerbase is too small for 2v2 and 3v3, leaving 6v6 completely dead. 4v4 would be much better in stead of 6v6 tho

Even now with the update I still join many games that aren't 6v6 anyways.

And even when a game starts with 12 players, how often does it actually end as a 6v6 match? Yeah, basically never in my experience. I think lowering the amount would only benefit the gamemode at this point.

It certainly doesn't have the playerbase to allow for multiple different sized matches, but having a 2v2 and a 4v4 option (or even only a 4v4 for example) could improve the game and balance between teams.

Reactions: InkAsriel

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Even now with the update I still join many games that aren't 6v6 anyways.

And even when a game starts with 12 players, how often does it actually end as a 6v6 match? Yeah, basically never in my experience. I think lowering the amount would only benefit the gamemode at this point.

It certainly doesn't have the playerbase to allow for multiple different sized matches, but having a 2v2 and a 4v4 option (or even only a 4v4 for example) could improve the game and balance between teams.
had a 3v2 last night, but my teammate instantly left so 3v1. still won cuz they all left lol (they were noobs tho, so might be rage quit). i get that not a lot of players play at midnight, but it doesnt change the fact 6v6 is too many maybe, i'd say it only makes unbalanced teams more likely to apppear!

Hwamzx

Jan 28, 2021
I have to admit this update is very nice with the new features but it's currently very unbalanced. This is due to the higher tier mobs being very weak compared to the number of towers. The giants got buffed but the end game even being level 5 and a wave of 12 can't even get through 1/3 way through the map. The issue is to this is how slow they are and the amount of health they have. Also, the only games I have played since the update have just been draws even a 6v1

Giant:

Current level 5:
15187 Health
Damage 50
Speed slow (0.8)
EXP reward: 648
20% speed bonus when at 20% health
What I feel like would be balanced:

New level 5:
21297 Health
Damage 65
Speed Normal (1.0)
EXP reward: 851
30% speed bonus when at 25% health

Obviously, the health damage EXP reward would scale for the levels but this is just an example. Even with this buff, they are still practically useless. I have also seen no use in Creepers and silverfish in any stage of the game as they are practically useless.

I hope you can consider my suggestion of buffing Giants, Slimes, Silverfish and Creepers at the moment it just is unplayable :(

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I have to admit this update is very nice with the new features but it's currently very unbalanced. This is due to the higher tier mobs being very weak compared to the number of towers. The giants got buffed but the end game even being level 5 and a wave of 12 can't even get through 1/3 way through the map. The issue is to this is how slow they are and the amount of health they have. Also, the only games I have played since the update have just been draws even a 6v1

Giant:

Current level 5:
15187 Health
Damage 50
Speed slow (0.8)
EXP reward: 648
20% speed bonus when at 20% health
What I feel like would be balanced:

New level 5:
21297 Health
Damage 65
Speed Normal (1.0)
EXP reward: 851
30% speed bonus when at 25% health

Obviously, the health damage EXP reward would scale for the levels but this is just an example. Even with this buff, they are still practically useless. I have also seen no use in Creepers and silverfish in any stage of the game as they are practically useless.

I hope you can consider my suggestion of buffing Giants, Slimes, Silverfish and Creepers at the moment it just is unplayable :(
This will go up in health, they're still fixing some post update balancing problems. It will be raised to 30k health

Reactions: Hwamzx

Hwamzx

Jan 28, 2021
This will go up in health, they're still fixing some post update balancing problems. It will be raised to 30k health
I've seen this update with giants having 30k health and honestly, it hasn't done much at all... I and my team sent around 36 level 5 giants and they didn't even get 1/2 through the map. They need a speed buff something like 1.2 speed instead of 0.8 and being invulnerable to some other towers.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I've seen this update with giants having 30k health and honestly, it hasn't done much at all... I and my team sent around 36 level 5 giants and they didn't even get 1/2 through the map. They need a speed buff something like 1.2 speed instead of 0.8 and being invulnerable to some other towers.
I agree, but it depends on maps and stuff two if that's in a map like hillside it's bad but zen or demons then yes i agree it still needs a buff. What map were u playing?

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i dont think giants should change much. could be the map, but a giant spam killed the enemy and almost our team (i have to say, most people got kicked after a while because of the extreme lagg it created). i think the real problem are some maps as they got more/less tower spots and are longer/shorter. might wanna test giants on different maps and see how much of a difference it makes

Attachments

• giant problem.png
    giant problem.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 149
Reactions: Hwamzx
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Top Bottom