Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Jan 25, 2021
Hey Java CubeCrafters!

Today is a big day for us all! We're finally releasing an update for our Tower Defence gamemode - after 1233 days! We're super excited to be showing off this update - after a lot of feedback from our staff team, and the Tower Defence Discord! Read on to find out more 👀

✨ Quality of Life Features!

This update includes a whole bunch of quality of life features for everyone to experiment and mess around with - take a look!
  • Tower range tool!

This shows you the range of the tower in three different ways! 😮
1) You can see the tower range by hovering over the top of the tower.
2) You can see all of the nearest 10 towers range by shifting.
3) You can permanently see a towers range by activating the tool in the tower menu:

• Change inventory layout!
When you spawn in the Tower Defence lobby, you will be able to change your inventory layout! This inventory will be saved for all of your games going forward, but you will be able to change in your next game. This helps you with organising your hotbar to your preference, and also gives you the ability to have more than one AoE in your hotbar! 🎉

• Auto-centring towers!
One of the most heavily requested features for Tower Defence, towers are now able to automatically centre to the needed position! This is turned on by default, but you're able to disable it in the settings menu. Finally, new players won't awkwardly place an archer tower in the middle of four tower locations! 🙌

• Settings menu in the waiting lobby!
You can also edit your settings beforehand in the waiting lobby. Woo!

• Choose tower path!
I know it's annoying to not be able to upgrade your team's path because "They haven't chosen the upgrade path yet!"... That's a problem of the past! You now need to choose the path of the tower that you are placing. This is also supported by the quick-placing tower method, so you can shift-click an archer tower with path two, for example. If you do not choose a path, it defaults to the top path.

🏰 Mob, Tower & Bazaar Balancing!

We've also assessed the current meta in the game, and have made adjustments to mobs, towers and bazaar items. Here are the changes we've made!

> Witches: Decreased health slightly, increased unlock prices.
> Giants: Decreased unlock prices, increased health, giants now run at 20% health.
> Silverfish: Completely changed.
> Creepers: Now have adopted a kamikaze strategy - decreasing their health, but increasing their speed & damage.
> Level 4 & 5 Skeletons: Nerfed damage and increased price slightly.
> Slimes: Instead of dividing, slimes now decrease in size when killed. They lose 25% of their maximum health.

> Leech Tower: Increased base damage.
> Ice Tower: Increased probability for level 4 to do 4 damage to mobs.
> Zeus Tower: Decreased initial price for tower, increased fire rate for path 2.
> Archer Tower: Increased fire rate for path 1.
> Poison Tower: Increased fire rate for path 2's damage against mobs that go near the tower.

> Decreased number of hits to charge a bow or sword slightly.
> Decreased Inferno AoE duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds. Increased cost slightly.
> Buffed Zeus AoE to effecting only 1 mob to 4 mobs. Increased base damage slightly.

This sums up the major balancing changes that have come. If you have any feedback, be sure to leave it for us!

🗒️ Reintroducing Tutorial!

The tutorial is back!
All players have the choice to complete the tutorial when clicking on the Tower Defence NPC - we highly recommend for you all to complete it, as the accept/decline message will continually appear until you do so. You also get an achievement for it, so, silver linings! 👏

The tutorial is quite similar to the old tutorial that was on our server years ago - we've added a stage in the tutorial talking about the use of Ice and Mage towers, and how they can be used to maximise damage against incoming mobs. We hope you enjoy the tutorial, and we hope you see more informed decisions from new players from now!

🐮 New Map - Farm!

View attachment 184930
Built by @Robbedz & track built by @Shotgun, take on the onslaughts of mobs in a farm! Watch out, those sheep don't look too friendly... 🐑

💙 Special thanks!

This update simply wouldn't be possible without our friends at the Tower Defence Discord. They have been super responsive from the initial community talk to this point, and we honestly wouldn't have made this update as good as it is now without them!

These people are @Shotgun, @CrystalDrop, @star4lyfe, @MoonHuntress, @Matriox, @Swagmaistro420, @Dubbz, @Savvy, @Wvzy, @Magda_Korra, @YNDIDON, @shanewolf38, @iLxgend - these people are the masters behind Tower Defence and have been for a really long time, so them helping us with this update has been super informative and gave us a better sense of direction! It's also the first time we've run testing with external community members, and considering it's gone really well, we may hold some more in the future. 😉
Our staff team have also helped a lot with this update as a part of a private TD testing Discord, but we definitely would be in a more clueless position without these people. :heart:

We hope you all have enjoyed this update! Have fun, and stay safe 💙
if i didn't suck at 1.16 pvp i would be playing that a lot more. :stare:

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Candy. They got like 1/2 way
I have seen them in game and i would buff them the slightest bit but i think giants have improved a lot, now being a viable option to attack with.

Currently there at 30k health(level 5) and have regen that was doubled i believe. imo they should be brought up to maybe 35/40k health(again all based on level5)

while not buffing speed bcs i think giants are made to be a slow bulky mod that does lots of damage and are slow moving giving u time to counter with defence if needed

Reactions: Hwamzx

Hwamzx

Jan 28, 2021
I have seen them in game and i would buff them the slightest bit but i think giants have improved a lot, now being a viable option to attack with.

Currently there at 30k health(level 5) and have regen that was doubled i believe. imo they should be brought up to maybe 35/40k health(again all based on level5)

while not buffing speed bcs i think giants are made to be a slow bulky mod that does lots of damage and are slow moving giving u time to counter with defence if needed
Yeah I guess. 45k health might work? I mean even that idk. Maybe adding new more expensive unlockable mobs would be a good idea. I see myself some games having 100k+ exp

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah I guess. 45k health might work? I mean even that idk. Maybe adding new more expensive unlockable mobs would be a good idea. I see myself some games having 100k+ exp
would love more mobs/towers a lot, but its kinda hard since the server isnt up to date. imagine the mobs they could add later in 1.17 x3
totally not thinking to Axoloth warriors

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Finally, an update for Tower Defense!

From the angry sheep to the chickens, the entire map just looks so cool!

I personally never really played much TD because I always found it kind of complicated and never took the time to understand how it works but I know that there are some people out there who have really wanted an update for it.

Also, about the tutorial, if I ever do decide to play Tower Defense again, I'm definitely going to be using that!

Well done Cube! 💕

Promidius

Jul 26, 2020
Somewhere
Hey Java CubeCrafters!

Today is a big day for us all! We're finally releasing an update for our Tower Defence gamemode - after 1233 days! We're super excited to be showing off this update - after a lot of feedback from our staff team, and the Tower Defence Discord! Read on to find out more 👀

✨ Quality of Life Features!

This update includes a whole bunch of quality of life features for everyone to experiment and mess around with - take a look!
  • Tower range tool!

This shows you the range of the tower in three different ways! 😮
1) You can see the tower range by hovering over the top of the tower.
2) You can see all of the nearest 10 towers range by shifting.
3) You can permanently see a towers range by activating the tool in the tower menu:

• Change inventory layout!
When you spawn in the Tower Defence lobby, you will be able to change your inventory layout! This inventory will be saved for all of your games going forward, but you will be able to change in your next game. This helps you with organising your hotbar to your preference, and also gives you the ability to have more than one AoE in your hotbar! 🎉

• Auto-centring towers!
One of the most heavily requested features for Tower Defence, towers are now able to automatically centre to the needed position! This is turned on by default, but you're able to disable it in the settings menu. Finally, new players won't awkwardly place an archer tower in the middle of four tower locations! 🙌

• Settings menu in the waiting lobby!
You can also edit your settings beforehand in the waiting lobby. Woo!

• Choose tower path!
I know it's annoying to not be able to upgrade your team's path because "They haven't chosen the upgrade path yet!"... That's a problem of the past! You now need to choose the path of the tower that you are placing. This is also supported by the quick-placing tower method, so you can shift-click an archer tower with path two, for example. If you do not choose a path, it defaults to the top path.

🏰 Mob, Tower & Bazaar Balancing!

We've also assessed the current meta in the game, and have made adjustments to mobs, towers and bazaar items. Here are the changes we've made!

> Witches: Decreased health slightly, increased unlock prices.
> Giants: Decreased unlock prices, increased health, giants now run at 20% health.
> Silverfish: Completely changed.
> Creepers: Now have adopted a kamikaze strategy - decreasing their health, but increasing their speed & damage.
> Level 4 & 5 Skeletons: Nerfed damage and increased price slightly.
> Slimes: Instead of dividing, slimes now decrease in size when killed. They lose 25% of their maximum health.

> Leech Tower: Increased base damage.
> Ice Tower: Increased probability for level 4 to do 4 damage to mobs.
> Zeus Tower: Decreased initial price for tower, increased fire rate for path 2.
> Archer Tower: Increased fire rate for path 1.
> Poison Tower: Increased fire rate for path 2's damage against mobs that go near the tower.

> Decreased number of hits to charge a bow or sword slightly.
> Decreased Inferno AoE duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds. Increased cost slightly.
> Buffed Zeus AoE to effecting only 1 mob to 4 mobs. Increased base damage slightly.

This sums up the major balancing changes that have come. If you have any feedback, be sure to leave it for us!

🗒️ Reintroducing Tutorial!

The tutorial is back!
All players have the choice to complete the tutorial when clicking on the Tower Defence NPC - we highly recommend for you all to complete it, as the accept/decline message will continually appear until you do so. You also get an achievement for it, so, silver linings! 👏

The tutorial is quite similar to the old tutorial that was on our server years ago - we've added a stage in the tutorial talking about the use of Ice and Mage towers, and how they can be used to maximise damage against incoming mobs. We hope you enjoy the tutorial, and we hope you see more informed decisions from new players from now!

🐮 New Map - Farm!

View attachment 184930
Built by @Robbedz & track built by @Shotgun, take on the onslaughts of mobs in a farm! Watch out, those sheep don't look too friendly... 🐑

💙 Special thanks!

This update simply wouldn't be possible without our friends at the Tower Defence Discord. They have been super responsive from the initial community talk to this point, and we honestly wouldn't have made this update as good as it is now without them!

These people are @Shotgun, @CrystalDrop, @star4lyfe, @MoonHuntress, @Matriox, @Swagmaistro420, @Dubbz, @Savvy, @Wvzy, @Magda_Korra, @YNDIDON, @shanewolf38, @iLxgend - these people are the masters behind Tower Defence and have been for a really long time, so them helping us with this update has been super informative and gave us a better sense of direction! It's also the first time we've run testing with external community members, and considering it's gone really well, we may hold some more in the future. 😉
Our staff team have also helped a lot with this update as a part of a private TD testing Discord, but we definitely would be in a more clueless position without these people. :heart:

We hope you all have enjoyed this update! Have fun, and stay safe 💙
EPICC

• Wow
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom