Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
End of Summer Event, 2018 2019
Originally, I wanted this suggestion to be part of the annual birthday events. Last year's birthday event was just a smaller update than we'd usually expect from Cubecraft, minus the sale in the store. We got a handful of new maps, which isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't really celebrate Cubecraft as much as we'd like it to. There's just one problem; Cubecraft's birthday comes very close to Christmas. We can't exactly have two events running simultaneously, so why not have an event in September?

In the UK at least, September is the worst month of any kid's life, because it marks the end of summer and the start of the school year. It's one of two months in the year that have no notable holidays or events as well, meaning kids have nothing to look forward to that makes school worth living through. Halloween is almost two entire months away, and Christmas is another two months after that. Why not make the whole school transition stage of every kid's year a little easier, by giving them something to look forward to at the end of the school day?

Return of 'Century' (Skywars map)
For two weeks, starting on the first of September of every year, the map 'Century' will return. For those who weren't around a few years ago, I'll fill you in on what made this map so excellent.

Century was a Skywars map that allowed up to a hundred players to join! This was later reduced to sixty-four players to reduce lag, but that's still a very impressive amount. The chaotic charm of this map did wear off after a while, though if it doesn't overstay its welcome by becoming a permanent addition, it will instead be a neat gimmick map that players can look forward to every year. Not a fan of Skywars? Believe me, 'Century' is more than just a Skywars game.

What made Century so fantastic was the opening thirty seconds. During this window of time, you'd see about twenty or so players die in rapid succession, which was a beauty unmatched by any other game or map on Cubecraft. Your chances of surviving are at an all time low at the start of the game since islands are so close to one another that bridging isn't necessary, but after this window your odds of surviving rise drastically. Seriously, who wouldn't want this map to return for a fortnight every year?

Virtual currency increase
Throughout the End of Summer event, all in-game currencies will receive a 2x multiplier. This means:
-Cubelet drop rates will be doubled for all activites
-Points received from all sources (excluding achievements) will be doubled
-Vanity points received from reward chests will be doubled

Exam season typically starts around mid May, and ends in late August. If kids don't have any studies to occupy themselves with, we may as well encourage them to spend their free time on Cubecraft, instead of being bored all evening. Days are getting shorter and bed times tend to return, so kids have little else to do but play video games.

Store sale & bonuses
Why not capitalise on the inevitable spike in player activity (compared to September of previous years, at least), with a store sale? 20% sounds enticing enough. Sure, it's not too attractive, but remember the annual Halloween and summer events tend to have much bigger sales.

Why stop there? Have multipliers last 50% longer, and throw in some complimentary vanity points for all ranks purchased during the two-week window.

Iron rank - 5,000 vanity point bonus
Lapiz rank - 7,500 vanity point bonus
Gold rank - 10,000 vanity point bonus
Diamond rank - 15,000 vanity point bonus
Emerald rank - 25,000 vanity point bonus
Obsidian rank - 40,000 vanity point bonus

They have zero effect on gameplay, so may as well splash a few out.

Thoughts? c:

No idea who is involved in the organisation of events, sorry :x
@Tacosbefriends @Efcluke94 @hub3rt

Last edited:

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Screenshots of 'Century', courtesy of @Saradabaschi :
century-1-png.26539

century-2-png.26540

century-3-png.26541

Source of screenshots: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/anyone-can-send-me-and-screenshot-of-century-map-skywars.16517/

A

A pigeon

Takes rainbows

Adds million islands.

At least make the map like the roman colisseum , like in the centuries music vid

And what is this? Rankism? Give us stones vanity points for summer too.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Wow, the thread is really thoughtful about Cube!

Century:
The map could be reworked as it's 2017 and there's a lot more talent on the build team. I would love to see that return and being able to experience a "Mega" skywars in CubeCraft myself!
I feel like the points and experience everything should be adjusted accordingly too!

Multipliers and Bonuses:
I agree since all we do most of the time is grind coins and exp, why not throw in a weekend multiplier too?

Store:
I can't really say much as I'm not really into the Vanity Points and such but from what I see it's nice.

Reactions: Sophie

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
End of Summer Event, 2018
Originally, I wanted this suggestion to be part of the annual birthday events. Last year's birthday event was just a smaller update than we'd usually expect from Cubecraft, minus the sale in the store. We got a handful of new maps, which isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't really celebrate Cubecraft as much as we'd like it to. There's just one problem; Cubecraft's birthday comes very close to Christmas. We can't exactly have two events running simultaneously, so why not have an event in September?

In the UK at least, September is the worst month of any kid's life, because it marks the end of summer and the start of the school year. It's one of two months in the year that have no notable holidays or events as well, meaning kids have nothing to look forward to that makes school worth living through. Halloween is almost two entire months away, and Christmas is another two months after that. Why not make the whole school transition stage of every kid's year a little easier, by giving them something to look forward to at the end of the school day?

Return of 'Century' (Skywars map)
For two weeks, starting on the first of September of every year, the map 'Century' will return. For those who weren't around a few years ago, I'll fill you in on what made this map so excellent.

Century was a Skywars map that allowed up to a hundred players to join! This was later reduced to sixty-four players to reduce lag, but that's still a very impressive amount. The chaotic charm of this map did wear off after a while, though if it doesn't overstay its welcome by becoming a permanent addition, it will instead be a neat gimmick map that players can look forward to every year. Not a fan of Skywars? Believe me, 'Century' is more than just a Skywars game.

What made Century so fantastic was the opening thirty seconds. During this window of time, you'd see about twenty or so players die in rapid succession, which was a beauty unmatched by any other game or map on Cubecraft. Your chances of surviving are at an all time low at the start of the game since islands are so close to one another that bridging isn't necessary, but after this window your odds of surviving rise drastically. Seriously, who wouldn't want this map to return for a fortnight every year?

Virtual currency increase
Throughout the End of Summer event, all in-game currencies will receive a 2x multiplier. This means:
-Cubelet drop rates will be doubled for all activites
-Points received from all sources (excluding achievements) will be doubled
-Vanity points received from reward chests will be doubled

Exam season typically starts around mid May, and ends in late August. If kids don't have any studies to occupy themselves with, we may as well encourage them to spend their free time on Cubecraft, instead of being bored all evening. Days are getting shorter and bed times tend to return, so kids have little else to do but play video games.

Store sale & bonuses
Why not capitalise on the inevitable spike in player activity (compared to September of previous years, at least), with a store sale? 20% sounds enticing enough. Sure, it's not too attractive, but remember the annual Halloween and summer events tend to have much bigger sales.

Why stop there? Have multipliers last 50% longer, and throw in some complimentary vanity points for all ranks purchased during the two-week window.

Iron rank - 5,000 vanity point bonus
Lapiz rank - 7,500 vanity point bonus
Gold rank - 10,000 vanity point bonus
Diamond rank - 15,000 vanity point bonus
Emerald rank - 25,000 vanity point bonus
Obsidian rank - 40,000 vanity point bonus

They have zero effect on gameplay, so may as well splash a few out.

Thoughts? c:

No idea who is involved in the organisation of events, sorry :x
@Tacosbefriends @Efcluke94 @hub3rt
This.Is.An.AMAZING IDEA!
You've got good ideas and I agree with all of your ideas.
I can't add something, this is just one of the best threads I've ever seen! :p
1+ from me :D

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I feel like the points and experience everything should be adjusted accordingly too!
I want this to be an opportunity to get a lot of points, but perhaps double points on Century would be a bit excessive. I mean, you'd be getting about forty points even if you die after thirty seconds or so. Perhaps points earned from other players' deaths should be disabled unless you were the one to kill them, on Century at least.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Super bump. It's a relevant suggestion that I still think would be really cool to see. It doesn't try to please people with aesthetics, and balancing is completely thrown out the window; it simply tries to give everybody a good time with lots of rewards.

Also, I recall seeing that thread revives are now tolerated as long as the thread is still relevant. If this is not the case, I'm sorry for reviving it :x

Ignore the '2018' part of the title.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Vanity points will instead have to be duplicate points since they are no longer a currency.

If I revive any other threads in the future I'll be sure to edit them so they're up-to-date with the server.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom