Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

llvqs

Feb 25, 2024
Hello everyone,

As you may have heard, Cubecraft is adding OG eggwars/pre season back. I'm planning on making a video comparing the curent eggwars and the OG eggwars when the update releases. I want your thoughts on what you didnt like during these seasons. whether its gameplay, length of games, balance issues, items or anything else. Hope to see some lists of things you liked before the seasons update!

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
what about things you didnt like in the current eggwars?
TBH I've grown to like it. At first I didn't like Netherite as it felt like it gave players that weren't as good at PvP almost superpowers... but I now understand that actually that's a decent balancer. I think I've lost more games to less experienced players this season than at any time before and while that's not good for me I think it's good for the server as it gives clever players a decent chance even against experienced players.

I loved that Fireballs and TNT became crazily overpowered as it made it a lot of fun to dispatch arrogant players that thought too much of themselves with a simple... "boom, bye, sorry you took all that time to gear up" without having to have a long drawn out fight with them, although it seems that Cube have possibly nerfed fireballs - big shame.

I liked the previous Emerald system but this one is ok to... except... it adds an element of randomness to whether or not you can get a specific perk. I've always felt that Eggwars is about skill and repeatability whereas Skywars is where you find random. I don't think Eggwars needs a random element as that's it's entire beauty as a game that if you learn it and understand it it will always allow you to play it in the same way every game. I really hope we don't lose that.

llvqs

Feb 25, 2024
TBH I've grown to like it. At first I didn't like Netherite as it felt like it gave players that weren't as good at PvP almost superpowers... but I now understand that actually that's a decent balancer. I think I've lost more games to less experienced players this season than at any time before and while that's not good for me I think it's good for the server as it gives clever players a decent chance even against experienced players.

I loved that Fireballs and TNT became crazily overpowered as it made it a lot of fun to dispatch arrogant players that thought too much of themselves with a simple... "boom, bye, sorry you took all that time to gear up" without having to have a long drawn out fight with them, although it seems that Cube have possibly nerfed fireballs - big shame.

I liked the previous Emerald system but this one is ok to... except... it adds an element of randomness to whether or not you can get a specific perk. I've always felt that Eggwars is about skill and repeatability whereas Skywars is where you find random. I don't think Eggwars needs a random element as that's it's entire beauty as a game that if you learn it and understand it it will always allow you to play it in the same way every game. I really hope we don't lose that.
thanks for your participation!

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I'm not a fan of how they changed the armor balancing in Overpowered mode:

Protection 3 Iron armor being the lowest armor tier made it so you cannot break armor and you can take more hits than with Protection 4 leather armor.

Protection 3 Diamond armor is way too strong for a mid tier armor, it's also way too cheap for a mid tier armor. Because it has the highest defense and high durability, fights can last so long if you're fighting a sweat who has it.

Protection 3 Netherite armor is the exact same thing as Protection 3 Diamond armor, except with slightly more durability, looks cooler, and has knockback resistance bonus should you have full set.

Other than that, I'm not a fan of how they nerfed the Miner kit so that it can no longer break obsidian at a reasonable speed and I'm also not a fan of them nerfing diamond pickaxe price to cost diamonds, while ancient debris costs gold.

The EggWars update is looking promising, as it will bring back the original Overpowered mode and removing Netherite armor from the game.

yeoxuhang

Aug 21, 2023
Malaysia
www.cubecraft.net
Hello I'm Yeo!. Here's my thoughts about Season 2-3 for EggWars. Since I started playing last year (2023) when Season 2 came, I'm not really sure how's Season 1 looks like. Don't mind that my English vocabs are so broken, anyways back to the question:

All my thoughts below is about Overpowered mode in Season 2 - 3

Season 2
  • Blocks:
    For purchasing 32 concretes, you'll need 16 irons which if you want to get a full stack of concrete at the start would be slower unlike Season 3 (Yea...I normally rush with a stack of blocks and miner kit). Btw glass block seems like for decorations only :#

• Foods:
    I don't really like there is only Beef, Golden Apple, Enchanted Apple, Strength Potion and Cake.

• Armors:
    As the stronger the armor, it'll just take longer time to kill your opponents. I don't mind it take longer time to finish the game. (Sometimes I just like getting stacked :3)

• Weapons:
    In this season, my main weapon is trident even if Netherite sword is feel better for most of the players. Since you can enchant it with loyalty which just like bow (If you throw it into void then...buy a new one why not). For bow, I don't really use it that much...in this season.

Season 3
  • Blocks:
    Yeah, I like this update than the older one.

• Foods:
    It's good that they've added Golden Carrot in this update! Although the Golden Apple seems buggy in this update...

• Armors:
    Same as season 2.

• Weapons:
    For this season, I've switched my main weapon to Diamond/Netherite sword as they deal more damages than trident. And I've use more bow in this update.

• Miscellaneous Items:
    About the perks, I like them a lot! Although some of them cost lots of emeralds. The best perk base on my opinion is "Mites Master", it just basically like another your teammates helping you to fight against the opponents.

I've heard about they are bringing some OG back from Season 1, I think it will be very interesting!

Thx for wasting your time to read my thoughts. This thread took me half hour to finished...I know my English is pretty trash ngl...

Level 84, VIP 30

Discord: yeoxuhang
Minecraft Bedrock: YeoXuHang8541
Minecraft Java: YeoXuHang0722​

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Eli's profile.
Heya cool person how are you today?:D
Kazwa wrote on Dreamer's profile.
thanks for the follow Dreamer! ^-^
images (1).jpg
Lyriie wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on DonovanSus's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom