Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Good or poop?

• Total voters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
In saying you have leather armour and crap weapons, no bows since this imaginary person failed to get diamonds
In the text you quoted I never said the person failed to get diamonds late game.
thorns 3 would still hurt who is hitting you
Thats the whole idea behind it, both players will break their armor faster
not sure if thorns goes through armor but any extra knock back is really good.
Not sure either
Not all maps have villagers that are out in the open
True, but some of them do (like 50%?) which makes that irrelevant.
also the persons could have built a wall around the villager.
Keyword: could
[
QUOTE="awesomebutter234, post: 538535, member: 159110"]If you are stuck in combat you are dead with leather armor[/QUOTE]
Why? if you have enough leather armor you aren't dead at all. Also, in late game you could have gotten diamonds to make iron armor.
,if you manage to get away what's stopping them from chasing you by using blocks?
I don't get this one, if you are away, you are away. Also, building a skybridge takes way longer than sprinting, and skybridges can be broken.
Again you could be the worlds best pvper but if you are stuck in a 1v3 you will inevidly get hit even if you try your best.
Getting hit doesn't mean an inevitable death, also, if you have a punch bow and stand on a steep mountain, no way that they are gonna hit you.
I would even question if the best pvper could take on a 1v2
Yes, easily. I can do it on OP mode, so I guess "the best pvper" also can.
Oh, and by the way, technically it's 100% guaranteed "the best pvper" will win, because that's notch. No, not because he is good at pvp, but because he has OP everywhere on any server ever. It's his own game.
While you are distracted on killing one person their teamates will destroy your armor
Hit them both, kill them seperately, or just don't get in such a situation.
It's not about armor breaking fast, it's just how much of it you can have.
True, the more armor the harder it is to kill you.
Any smart person would buy more than one set of armor.
Average Cubecraft player is not that smart.
Let's say 1 set of iron armor is equivalent to 3-5 minutes, multiply that by 2-5 and we are talking about a 10-25 minute kill,
This is over-exaggerated
and that of course is not counting that they may have enchanted golden apples, if they do tack on another 1-3 minutes.
If your armor is down those apples won't help in the slightest.
If it's a team battle the hits might not be focused so add another 2-4 minutes into the mix and you have a 17- 27 ish minute kill
Nah, never seen that before.
zRinne the way you coordinate works because they are your friends and know the plan and your habits, with randoms coordinating in the same way would not work the same due to them not knowing your habits.
Then play with friends.:p

Kingstoyou

Jul 5, 2016
I personally like OP Items the way it is right now.( Its called Over-Powered for a reason) Though it requires almost no skill to kill another, because one can basically spam click to reduce armor durability->free kill, just play smart and have more than one set of armor in your inventory. And honestly, I believe it is much easier for a PvP skilled person to stay alive without a team and without an egg in this situation. Just Play Smart!

Last edited:

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
In the text you quoted I never said the person failed to get diamonds late game.

Thats the whole idea behind it, both players will break their armor faster

Not sure either

True, but some of them do (like 50%?) which makes that irrelevant.

Keyword: could
[
QUOTE="awesomebutter234, post: 538535, member: 159110"]If you are stuck in combat you are dead with leather armor
Why? if you have enough leather armor you aren't dead at all. Also, in late game you could have gotten diamonds to make iron armor.

I don't get this one, if you are away, you are away. Also, building a skybridge takes way longer than sprinting, and skybridges can be broken.

Getting hit doesn't mean an inevitable death, also, if you have a punch bow and stand on a steep mountain, no way that they are gonna hit you.

Yes, easily. I can do it on OP mode, so I guess "the best pvper" also can.
Oh, and by the way, technically it's 100% guaranteed "the best pvper" will win, because that's notch. No, not because he is good at pvp, but because he has OP everywhere on any server ever. It's his own game.

Hit them both, kill them seperately, or just don't get in such a situation.

True, the more armor the harder it is to kill you.

Average Cubecraft player is not that smart.

This is over-exaggerated

If your armor is down those apples won't help in the slightest.

Nah, never seen that before.

Then play with friends.:p[/QUOTE]

You are missing one word:stuck
In those scenarios you can't get away, also just because you got away doesn't mean that the people that were killing you aren't chasing you down, you keep refereeing to the bow which is not what it should be to get kills. What's the point of getting a sword or an axe then if you will just shoot people off the cliff? If you hit them both congratulations you may have broken one of their armor pieces but both your boots and helmet are gone, 1set of iron armour can last longer than 3 minutes guaranteed(unless there are two people or more attacking you.) As King mentioned, OP takes almost no skill, stuck in a sword fight spam, get in a fight spam, not going to bother with fighting bow spam a punch 1 bow. Also OP encourages spamming which is something 1.9 is heavily against.(cool down timer) Since you can't kill the person why not spam them down? If you eat a golden apples you will last longer due to the resistance. As you said cube players are not that smart and I can't argue with that since I think the age group is around 8-12 year olds. Just because it could happen does not mean it won't happen if it does what then? You could be pvp master with iron armor and you are against another person in diamond, guess who wins? The person in diamond due to the fact that they spammed you down. 1.9 Op eggwars is 1.8 in disguise and I really don't like that, if I wanted to do spam combat I would go to 1.8 eggwars.(Not sure why my reply messed up)

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You are missing one word:stuck
In those scenarios you can't get away, also just because you got away doesn't mean that the people that were killing you aren't chasing you down,
You could try to prevent getting in these scenarios in the first place, or when they are chasing you and you have good distance between you and the chaser(s), you could eat a steak and heal in like 3 seconds.
you keep refereeing to the bow which is not what it should be to get kills.
Really? A bow is not what it should be to get kills? really? Is that why its in the ''weapons" section of your creative inventory? to NOT kill players with it?
What's the point of getting a sword or an axe then if you will just shoot people off the cliff?
Having both is always the best, if their armor breaks and they don't have an extra set, which is pretty common.
If you hit them both congratulations you may have broken one of their armor pieces but both your boots and helmet are gone
Equip new ones.
As King mentioned, OP takes almost no skill,
Just Play Smart!
^
Also OP encourages spamming which is something 1.9 is heavily against.(cool down timer)
Your fist has almost no cooldown timer, so 1.9 pvp is not against that :P
Since you can't kill the person why not spam them down?
Yes that's the whole darn idea behind OP I guess.
If you eat a golden apples you will last longer due to the resistance.
True, but armor is better.
Just because it could happen does not mean it won't happen if it does what then?
Then you try to make the best out of it, and, as Kingstoyou said, play smart.
You could be pvp master with iron armor and you are against another person in diamond, guess who wins?
If they have an equal amount of diamonds, obviously the one with iron armor because that's 5 a piece and diamond is 32, so the one with iron armor has way more.

I totally agree with Kingstoyou, it's called OP for a reason, and I think it should stay this way, even though I said different before (thorns armor).

Oh, and for this question:
Just realized, no one has told me why op is fun yet :/.
It's fun because the majority of players don't know how to play OP the right way, and only make like 1 set of armor, and then when they start attacking you use an axe with cooldown. So you rek them and they think you are a hacker and start raging with you. Because you are way smarter (obviously) than those players, you'll always win the conversation too. At least that's why I think it's fun.

But that's all I'm gonna say from now on, I think I made my view on this topic clear, so I probably won't reply anymore.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
That sounds like a horrible reason to think that op is fun, so its not the mode but the peiple that dont know how to play it? I meant bow should not be the best weapon to get all type of kills.(specially the ones fron melee range) This is how it works, stuck in melee combat then bow spam, since again you cant kill then so knocking off people is the best choice.(Thats bad) Just play smart and op takes not skilll does not correlate that well, yes play smart get so many armor sets that you cant die, but in combat op is a skilless bow spam fest along with spamming down opponents, and can you reallly blame anyone for playing this way since op basicallly encourages it. If that is the idea behind Op then they probably just ported 1.8 op into 1.9 withouth even testing it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair:
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Thanks for the follow ^^
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Top Bottom