Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be a punishment for player leaving in the middle of an eggwars game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StanEXE

Jun 18, 2016
Hello Cubecraft,

When I am playing eggwars, alot of people quit (especially at the end of the game).
This annoys me because sometimes your whole team just quits and then you basically have no chance of winning.

My idea
My idea was to add a punishment for quitting while the game is active.
Something like -20 points will do.
I think this will reduce the amount of players just leaving in the middle of the game.

In the poll above you can choose if you want this or not.
-Stan_K_YT

Jackelele

Apr 14, 2017
United Kingdom
jackelele.co.uk
This annoys me because sometimes your whole team just quits and then you basically have no chance of winning.

There's always a chance, I've been a part of this situation before and got quite far to 1v1's etc... However, this could be a problem for those who get laggy connections or just general lag, this could also lead to someone having to go in-real-life by parents. Same goes for if your internet went offline. This shouldn't be a punishment for that. It's a no from me..

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
No, because eggwars isn't all that involved tbh. It's a great game but is really casual, it doesn't need a quit punishment.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Hello Cubecraft,

When I am playing eggwars, alot of people quit (especially at the end of the game).

My idea
I think this will reduce the amount of players just leaving in the middle of the game.

-Stan_K_YT
that is just unfair and quite frankly mean
just because a player has to stop for any given reason
especially ones where they can't chose and if you died you're out well you can't leave
this is a definate no

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Hello Cubecraft,

My idea

-Stan_K_YT
Don't agree. If someone Gets kicked out of the game because his/her internet dies, he/she would be punished only for That reason. It could be unfair, When you're playing with 2 players in each team. If you're playing in bigger teams (like, 3/4/5/6) it don't make any sense, If one of them would leave. And I think the change That the whole of them would leave is pretty small. A punishment for This reason does not seems a good idea for me! Also If you getting punished for -20 points, it wouldn't be enough, because lots of players has a much amount of points, (for example: 1000 or 500) it would not make any sense for them. Yesterday I played alone, because My egg died and Everyone leaved from My team. I still survived and won the game. (1 Pink egg broken, Blue still has got a egg and the whole team was still Alive..) so it doesn't matter If someone leaves. You always has a change :) I'm sorry But it's a No from me.

Reactions: Ghoste

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
What of they have to go somewhere?
What if they crash?
There is a lot of reasons why someone could leave in a game...
Sorry, but a -1 for me

Reactions: ItsDavey_

BlueLove

Apr 23, 2016
USA DUDE
I see both sides of this story.
1. Those who quit and leave you all alone could just be leaving because they don't like you, maybe triple health was voted in, or other reasons. It is very annoying. I understand where you are coming from. If things were different, I would probably choose to support your side.
2. Sometimes people's internet shuts off or needs to be reset. Lagging is also a possible reason for leaving. I time out all the time. Also sometimes something happens and people have to get off of Minecraft.

Also, if someone dies and their egg is broken, they would have to wait until the end of the game to /leave. Am I correct?

This was a good idea, however, I am -1 for it. I see both sides, but I support side #2 more.

Reactions: ItsDavey_

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Sometimes people quit even if they don't want to. Maybe a 10 year old who had to eat dinner so he has to leave? Maybe a player's wifi died. Maybe that player had to go out? I don't think punishing players who leave mid game is reasonable -1

Last edited:

YaDasLenny

Dedicated Member
Jul 12, 2016
Belgium
If your team quits and your the only one, you can also leave.. And what if their battery is empty? I don't think punishing players is a good suggestion. But keep thinking of new idea's :)

-Lenny

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
You never know the reason of someone's disconnecting. They could be kicked by Timed Out, Internal Exception or Proxy.
Also, they could also just leave the game/server for their private situations. It would be unfair to punish them.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom