Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the cost of the punchbow increase from 25 to 64 diamonds?

• Yes

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 46 90.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StonePlus

Jan 3, 2017
Belgium
Yes, it's simply too good plus it will decrease bow spam fights (which some people like and some people don't so IDK)

Last edited:

ThatLadChris

Apr 22, 2020
Meme Studio #420
While I absolutely hate getting bowspammed by a punch bow, the increase from the 15 years ago to the current 25 fits it pretty well, it even costs more than a full set of iron. 64 is a way overkill for just a punch bow.

D

Deleted member 373055

Nice idea, but I do not agree with increasing the price. There are other solutions though, but someone already made a thread about this topic earlier and we discussed there: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/punch-bows.229383/#post-1107226

Even, if we agree that a punch bow is too overpowered, increasing the price will make it a bigger problem because that way, campers or farmers can get one more easily then a rusher for example, which is more annoying. Removing the punch bow completely will only completely solve this problem. And that is not going to happen.

See it as a tactical tool which you can use to implement your strategy into the game. The punch bow give more variety to the game and I like that. More possibilities.

Reactions: ThatLadChris

Anthoony

Oct 6, 2017
Ecuador
No, imagine constant archery fights often on the islands, other than this would be crazy for other players who obviously don't like archery just leave it like this.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Absolutely not. It is this sort of suggestion that is causing more and more players to turn into rushers.
Eggwars was never meant to be a rush game, unless you play rome/mansion (though myself and @LordKarma call these maps "skywars maps" because they're not really eggwars).
Making the punch bow 64 diamonds will just mean rushing will be the META, which of course disgraces the beautiful game. I vote for 25 diamonds as I prefer to keep strategy in the game instead of mindless rushing!

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
@Capitan hate this idea
@Capitan I disagree with this comment.

/s
Tag the admin.... because you hate a suggestion? ok for what goal?
Are you saying that the suggestion should be locked? Why don't you just ask a moderator to lock it?
Even then, this is a valid suggestion, if you disagree with it you can just let it sit or ignore it.

If you think that a suggestion is relevent then it should be possible to escalate it, but what does saying that you "hate the suggestion" even lead to?

Reactions: Keanu

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
@Capitan I disagree with this comment.

/s
Tag the admin.... because you hate a suggestion? ok for what goal?
Are you saying that the suggestion should be locked? Why don't you just ask a moderator to lock it?
Even then, this is a valid suggestion, if you disagree with it you can just let it sit or ignore it.

If you think that a suggestion is relevent then it should be possible to escalate it, but what does saying that you "hate the suggestion" even lead to?

That was just a joke. Alex missed a word in that sentence. He tried to say "Capitan would hate this idea", because i love to use knockback swords and punch bows xD

On topic: I wouldn't increase the price, but maybe we can reduce the durability? :thinking:

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Absolutely not. It is this sort of suggestion that is causing more and more players to turn into rushers.
Eggwars was never meant to be a rush game, unless you play rome/mansion (though myself and @LordKarma call these maps "skywars maps" because they're not really eggwars).
Making the punch bow 64 diamonds will just mean rushing will be the META, which of course disgraces the beautiful game. I vote for 25 diamonds as I prefer to keep strategy in the game instead of mindless rushing!
Rushing currently is the meta, and for a good reason. It is by far the most effective strat to win games, you just need to be able to pvp well and bridge quickly. It is understandable that people who cannot do these things as well might not see rushing as strategic, but for more experienced players it has the highest wins per hour making it very effective for anyone leaderboard pushing. camping until the enemy dies of old age just isn't as effective for people who want large numbers of wins.

Although I do agree that the punch bow causes a lot of camping (the main reason why maps like tea party are unbearable for me) I don't believe that the price should go up nearly that much because for many less experienced or skilled players (pvp wise) really only have a chance if they camp on their base with a bow because it negates the need for melee pvp. I think that, although annoying, the price should stay the same. (I do really like @Capitan's suggestion with the reduced durability)

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
That was just a joke. Alex missed a word in that sentence. He tried to say "Capitan would hate this idea", because i love to use knockback swords and punch bows xD

On topic: I wouldn't increase the price, but maybe we can reduce the durability? :thinking:
This is what I was thinking!

Fqnta

Apr 2, 2020
Somewhere

I think thats a good solution

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I would say 32 diamonds. 64 is quite a lot but I think 25 is a little to less. Punch bows are too overpowered

Reactions: Fqnta

StonePlus

Jan 3, 2017
Belgium
Yes, as Capitan suggested, we could lower the durability instead of the price... Like when you buy in, it's at half durability...

Y1j_

Aug 18, 2017

It's already hard to get the durability to the half of it, I'd say the current durability gets divided by 4.

Reactions: Rawrbin

summurai

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2017
België
64 diamonds is way to much for me. increasing to 30 or 40 is still ok for me, but 64 is just way too much in my opinion.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

This is what I was thinking!

No thanks, I already hate that Sky Wars Punch Bows are nearly dead when using them, I don't want to spend so many diamonds on something so weak then.

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
NO! Sometimes and in certain maps eggwars is already way too slow. That would make the game 20 times slower as a punch bow would cost 3x more and people would only sit on diamond generators to get it. -1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom