Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
Imo you can’t just take away maps because it “takes too long” it is an aspect of gameplay. You can’t just pick and choose all the “easy, fast” maps as it removes half of the gameplay. The longer maps make more strategic gameplay and some people like that. Minecraft and Eggwars in general aren’t just to do with getting the game over as soon as possible.
Aswell as this, lots and lots of people like op on skywars. These have longer fights and games. Why do we want to remove time from egg wars when it is clear that a big proportion of players like long games like in other game modes.

Just another thing. Eggwars isn’t about speed. The whole point of the game is to keep respawning again and again until the egg is destroyed. It was not designed as a long game.
But this is all my views on it

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
The whole point of the game is to keep respawning again and again until the egg is destroyed. It was not designed as a long game.
IDK, if you're respawning that much in a game I believe you are doing something wrong... Example, I can play 30+min games without respawning once :D

I must agree that most reasons stated in the thread are invalid and simply based on the assumption that a game should take the least amount of time possible. Which is not the case, I play most of the time to win as fast as possible by rushing and denying other players diamonds. But I also play long games because they're more fun. 5v5 beach (tryhard) or 10v10 with both teams tryhard are amazing. Solo joining food, mushrooms or Tea Party can be a real pleasure too!
This being said, I must agree with the statement of the thread. Some Eggwars map aren't a good fit for the game.
For the mentioned 2 maps. Storm is horrible, mid is too far away to gain any real impact on the game play and basically every rushes the island next to them. Blossom is just bad for the game. The map itself is designed beautifully but horrible for Eggwars. The bridge elevation is done by slabs (pls no) the submids are directly blocked by a gate that's too small but to high to build up the normal bridge too mid. Medieval's mid is also a bit far away, but the island are further from each other (other than storm's) making it OK.
I don't have a problem with any of the 3 maps. Huts is great as it has less dia and no gold at the island. Garden is amazing with dia control being key! Powerline is quite a weird map but not a bad one. I would personally disable the diamond gen on the shared island as the map is quite big and thus now encouraging a stalemate for some time.
As for the 4 maps, they're all good for Eggwars. Some are slower but nice!
As for the 5 maps, again all good but just too little... D: (Except that Beach has 2 islands closer to mid) I'd really like to see new ones!! Like the panda map: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/.273428/ which would make an excellent Eggwars map!
As for Aztec, the map itself is not too bad, but the starter island are too big and have a too fast growing elevation and the lava in the centre of the pool is weird (since beta)
Now, Orc, Mansion and Rome are really contra versional maps. They're all extremely fast but make fascinating games when having 2 teams with good players!

Overall, maps don't need to be changed because they're slow! But because they have flaws that aren't good for Eggwars itself.

Last edited:

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
IDK, if you're respawning that much in a game I believe you are doing something wrong... Example, I can play 30+min games without respawning once :D
Oh yeah haha, What I meant was that Eggwars isn't like a die and play again. It is not made that way. But even still I play like that coz I am bad 😂

Reactions: Fesa
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom