Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MartijnMC

Nov 17, 2015
The Netherlands
It looks nice, the only feedback I want to give you is to use more organic shapes (you know, circles and stuff). Mainly the island, but the ship could use some too so some edges dont look so sharp. It's hard to explain, but instead of a line (of upside down stairs for example) you could try to make a curve. Also some decoration (trees, plants etc) could be nice to add on the islands. You could also mix up some blocks to give the islands a bit more detail. But the idea is nice and this is really the only feedback I can give you. I really like it. Hopefully you can do something with this feedback and Im looking forward to seeing more of this map :)

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
It's FABULOUS
But:
1. More detail
2. Make the mid ship like 3 times as big, that's WAY too small
It seems our definition of "too small" differs greatly.
I've made a quick video of what 12 people (2 people of each team on mid, as it rarely happens a full team goes to mid all at once) would look like.
The armor stands are placed in a way that I think is the most realistic. (alot of people around emerald and diamond spawners)
Keep in mind this obviously isn't 100% accurate (considering the armor stands are inanimate objects and all).
Also the chances of this many people actually being there at once are extremely small.

Anyway here it is.
'

Not trying to bash on you or your suggestion, I'm just showing the ship can easily hold enough people.
Adding more empty space would just make the map more boring imo.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
It looks nice, the only feedback I want to give you is to use more organic shapes (you know, circles and stuff). Mainly the island, but the ship could use some too so some edges dont look so sharp. It's hard to explain, but instead of a line (of upside down stairs for example) you could try to make a curve. Also some decoration (trees, plants etc) could be nice to add on the islands. You could also mix up some blocks to give the islands a bit more detail. But the idea is nice and this is really the only feedback I can give you. I really like it. Hopefully you can do something with this feedback and Im looking forward to seeing more of this map :)
Thanks!
The lack of curves was actualy intentional, as it wasn't supposed to be a pirate ship at first, it was ment to be a steampunk airship type thing.
Anyway I'll see what I can do.

edit:
I'm not really sure about how this looks, but here's what I did to the ship.
http://i.imgur.com/3bTzvzo.png
http://i.imgur.com/rD924Cw.png

Last edited:

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Proxima Centauri, Milky Way
It seems our definition of "too small" differs greatly.
I've made a quick video of what 12 people (2 people of each team on mid, as it rarely happens a full team goes to mid all at once) would look like.
The armor stands are placed in a way that I think is the most realistic. (alot of people around emerald and diamond spawners)
Keep in mind this obviously isn't 100% accurate (considering the armor stands are inanimate objects and all).
Also the chances of this many people actually being there at once are extremely small.

Anyway here it is.
'

Not trying to bash on you or your suggestion, I'm just showing the ship can easily hold enough people.
Adding more empty space would just make the map more boring imo.
Triggered much? :D
The issue is that the ship is smaller than the islands themselves.

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
Triggered much? :D
The issue is that the ship is smaller than the islands themselves.
That's true. But it kind of fits with the theme. Imagine some giant cruise ship rolling up to a 10m² island going "oi lads lets look for some treasure here"
Jokes aside though, the current ship works well for pvp and general gameplay, and while the islands are still scaled way down from a "real" treasure island, aesthetically it would still make sense for them to be bigger than the ship.

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
That's true. But it kind of fits with the theme. Imagine some giant cruise ship rolling up to a 10m² island going "oi lads lets look for some treasure here"
Jokes aside though, the current ship works well for pvp and general gameplay, and while the islands are still scaled way down from a "real" treasure island, aesthetically it would still make sense for them to be bigger than the ship.
Oh I have an idea, maybe add 2 mini mids between 3 island and mid

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Can you tell me the point of those? I never got that.

That aside I'll see what I can make of this.
I feel like there is an empty space between main mid and the bases.
Also, it would make the game more fun. The competition for mid would be even more interesting on this map considering the size of mid; the battle is already intense.

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
I feel like there is an empty space between main mid and the bases.
Also, it would make the game more fun. The competition for mid would be even more interesting on this map considering the size of mid; the battle is already intense.
I guess it also adds a bit of a "checkpoint" when attacking islands, which might make things more interesting.
I already know what I want to do with them, but it's not going well so far. whoops.

U

Unipotato

I really like the whole build. It's a really nice start. One thing though: the trees on the treasure island look SUPER artificial. Well, the treasure islands just look kind of fake if you know what I am trying to say. Anyways, nice start. This could turn out really good!:D

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
They look nice! Maybe add a level 1 gold gen on two of them, and a level 1 diamond gen on two of them? That would be perfect.
that'd be unfair though, as one island will always be closer to that diamond spawner than the others.

I really like the whole build. It's a really nice start. One thing though: the trees on the treasure island look SUPER artificial. Well, the treasure islands just look kind of fake if you know what I am trying to say. Anyways, nice start. This could turn out really good!:D
yeah the tree looks horrible. still trying to figure out how I can make it look good without making it too huge.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Good morning Cube <3 Off to work >.<
Have a nice day everyone xx
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #55-
If a big or medium slime or magma cube is named with a name tag, and then dies, its smaller versions will have the same name.
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday green budgie!! 🎂🎈
Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
Top Bottom