Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should CubeCraft do in regard to Emerald Generators in Eggwars?

• Total voters

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
❓ What is this thread about?
Quite a while ago now, an update was released to Eggwars that, among other features, added an emerald generator. As it is now, it is very slow and people usually stay away from it. This thread will discuss why this likely is, and what CubeCraft could do to fix this.

💎 What is the problem and why should this be changed?
At the moment, emerald generators are rarely used by players for a variety of reasons.
First of all, emerald generators are slow to produce. This means that if people want to use it, they have to wait a long time for just a single emerald to come out. This time could be spent doing more useful things such as breaking other eggs, or collecting other resources.
In addition, emerald generators only generate when you are near them. This feature slows down gameplay lots, as you cant swoop by and collect the ones that have stacked up as with diamonds, you have to actively stand there and wait for the meter to tick up. This in combination with the slowness of production is especially bad, as you can't do other things while you wait; you have to just stand there.
Finally, upgrades are expensive. It takes so many emeralds just to make it a bit faster, and you have to wait so long to upgrade it to max that the game would usually be over by that point, and you will have lost your egg and people will be chasing you before you even get a chance to upgrade it to max level.
I would like to see emerald generators used, as it is a nice feature that adds variety, but as it is it only encourages camping and is very impractical.

♟️What action should be taken in regard to this issue?
I have thought of four solutions for this problem, each, or in combination of which can help resolve it. As they are supposedly the most rare resource, it should still be hard to obtain, just not as hard as it is now.
1. Give emerald generators faster production. This will just make it easier and faster to obtain, so you won't be waiting ages trying to get them.
2. Make them generate regardless of player radius activity. This will mean it is still slow, however you can progress in the game while you are waiting.
3. Make upgrades cheaper. When I say cheaper, I mean a lot cheaper, like 3 emeralds for the first upgrade instead of (I think) 10. This would help make the generators faster, while still requiring some user input.
4. Remove the emerald generator altogether. I would like to see it stay, and change it so it is usable, but maybe it just doesn't have a place in this game.
📊 Make sure to vote on the poll above the post to make your opinion count!

:heart: Thanks for reading!
Thank you for taking the time to read my thread! It is much appreciated!

p.s. I hope you like the formatting :)

Ko7a

Novice Member
Nov 22, 2020
Egypt and Germany
Pronouns
He/Him
I think it would be better if the prices of the Items would go lower and the prices of the Generator upgrades because it takes ages until you can get good loot. Another reason would be the timing for emeralds to spawn in, it takes ages until one emerald would spawn in. So, in conclusion, I think all solutions that you have given us should be used.

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Solution 4 because I really don't like what they have become. Useless, but when I use them it feels weird and wrong. Not exactly a bad thing but it's not something I or anyone in my group ever needs. If anything it slows down the game. I would actually prefer they bring back the old emerald gens with custom items. They were a lot of fun and promoted new strategies for specific maps.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.