Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
In eggwars, eggs will vanish after a while if a team has left the game. In the latest update, they made eggs disappear way faster than they used to.
Originally I can only assume that this was implemented to prevent players from getting free eggs broken because of their neighbor never having shown up, but that's not at all what's happening most of the time.

Many times now have I had players leaving the game before I even get a chance at breaking their egg since they just rage quit after I kill them. This means that by the time I get there, I can't break the egg since it has vanished already. If said player hadn't rage-quit, I would've easily been able to take the egg and continue from there, right?
Well, the eggs disappearing feature is more of a pain than fair. Many times I go to break the egg of a person I just killed just to notice that the egg is no longer there, while I obviously should've been able to get it. This happens at least twice every game of solo I play now, and it's just unfair at this point. It's like us players are being prevented from taking an egg we deserve because the other players left the game.
If someone else breaks the egg before you manage to get there, that's completely fine since it's fair game for them too. They went to the egg because they had the chance to. If the egg had disappeared for them, then they'd be in the same scenario as me.

A simple solution to this would be to not have eggs disappear for at least 5 minutes if a player has left (similar to how it used to be).
For the teams that never showed up when the games started: Those eggs can just be broken as the game starts since nobody went through the trouble of killing someone on that team. Nobody really deserved breaking that egg if it were there.

An example that happened about 3 minutes after thread post:

Last edited:

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I certainly agree with this as it's not fun at all if you are about to break the egg of a team which just left the game and the egg disappears.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
The way it used to be set up was similar to what you are suggesting and all this encouraged was people farming the egg kills for the six points. Personally I am fine with it the way it is currently. I do not see a reason for them to change the time the egg lasts again. If you are quick enough you can still get the egg, otherwise its one egg lost and plenty others still in the game available. I can see why this is frustrating, but sadly this is not something I would personally like them to do.

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
Yes, it's pretty annoying when you try to break an egg, but exactly on that moment the whole team left the game and the egg disappears. And yeah, why not? :P

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I personally don't think they should say for a few minutes
I think this could be added if it was at max 10-15 seconds
only that much though
That's pretty much already what it's at.
This is not even close to enough time to get their egg if you killed them at the middle of pretty much any map.

The way it used to be set up was similar to what you are suggesting and all this encouraged was people farming the egg kills for the six points. Personally I am fine with it the way it is currently. I do not see a reason for them to change the time the egg lasts again. If you are quick enough you can still get the egg, otherwise its one egg lost and plenty others still in the game available. I can see why this is frustrating, but sadly this is not something I would personally like them to do.
Farming eggs... how exactly?
If they go to eliminate someone, the game is designed to make you break their egg before they're eliminated, correct?
Previously before they changed how fast eggs would vanish I had no issues with it at all, and having people leave wasn't as annoying. Now it's more annoying than ever.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Farming eggs... how exactly?
People leave during the game for various reasons. Once someone leaves, that leaves an egg up for grabs for five minutes. People can just run to that island to get the egg. They do not even have to have been killing the person for that.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
People leave during the game for various reasons. Once someone leaves, that leaves an egg up for grabs for five minutes. People can just run to that island to get the egg. They do not even have to have been killing the person for that.
Guess they could just bring it down to 1 minute or so.
This still happens without the auto break feature anyways, but not as easily.

in your case it wasn't
so fine 30?
Number really doesn't matter, as long as it's enough time. It can be 5, 10, 20 minutes, maybe even for the rest of the game!
I'm just leaning towards how it used to be, as the time for that was ideal in my opinion.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Guess they could just bring it down to 1 minute or so.
This still happens without the auto break feature anyways, but not as easily.

Number really doesn't matter, as long as it's enough time. It can be 5, 10, 20 minutes, maybe even for the rest of the game!
I'm just leaning towards how it used to be, as the time for that was ideal in my opinion.
For the rest of the game
Hmm that won't screw anything up

I just don't think keeping the eggs for a while is going to help it's a few way

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I just don't think keeping the eggs for a while is going to help it's a few way
It's not about how little it happens, it's just that people are leaving which means you don't get to break their egg despite the fact that you would've gotten it if he didn't leave the game.
Leaving the game was never really an intended way for how the game should progress anyways.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I really like this suggestion, very well written out too, when I would have just said "reduce the time before the egg dissapears when players die in eggwars"
+1

Flaxic

Feb 8, 2017
Well, it'd be cool to have the time reduced before the egg disappears. I like this suggestion, +1 from me! :D

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I personally would like to only see the eggs disappear if the team wasn't in the game at all. And if a team leaves during the actual game, their egg will stay.
The 5 minute despawn on it works fine as well. :p
+1

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Top Bottom