Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
I love playing eggwars but I believe many of you know how frustrating it can be when you're trying to get rid of a camper who has a punch or regular bow on an island or a hard to access area, and even if you get to them they still try to bow you off. This is why I would like to suggest a new kit, Heavy kit (If added the name will most likely change) it would give them 2 special potions that would reduce knockback by 10% but also make them 10% slower (Hence the name Heavy) or something like that. Please tell me your thoughts on this.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
Or maybe that's too weak, like 50% anti knockback and 10% less speed or something. if it was 10% 10% probably would have no gain.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I love playing eggwars but I believe many of you know how frustrating it can be when you're trying to get rid of a camper who has a punch or regular bow on an island or a hard to access area, and even if you get to them they still try to bow you off. This is why I would like to suggest a new kit, Heavy kit (If added the name will most likely change) it would give them 2 special potions that would reduce knockback by 10% but also make them 10% slower (Hence the name Heavy) or something like that. Please tell me your thoughts on this.
this is going to cause a flood of reports and probably have innocent players banned for anti-knockback all the time even more often then normal
this kit would be annoying to deal with and would be so OP in hardcore because nobody can knock you off
and that is a main way players get killed in hardcore.

-3 for the 2 problems i said plus my disliking of this kit

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
I like the idea, but I think this will cause a fake report as @jollow250 said.if you explain how we are going to get rid of that issue, then I will support this idea :D

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
True I didn't think of that, also 50% isn't enough to be 100% knock-proof so there would probably be a pretty distinct difference, but they could probably add a glow effect around the player like the spectral arrow one, or maybe just the potion effect of Slowness would be enough. The potion would last 10 seconds btw so the enemies will probably be able to see them use it. If there is still a problem with false reporting tell me it and I will try to think of a way to fix it. Personally, I like this idea, it would make me really happy since campers can be a real pain to deal with. Also, it wouldn't be op in op mode at all since 10 seconds isn't that long, maybe use it when your near the edge and it can save you once or twice at most, it's not that big of a problem.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
Oh and also another thing that goes with he 50% being different from 100%, if they have a video, they can just check it to see that slowness is actually applied to them, the slowness would really help this against false reports in my opinion.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
True I didn't think of that, also 50% isn't enough to be 100% knock-proof so there would probably be a pretty distinct difference, but they could probably add a glow effect around the player like the spectral arrow one, or maybe just the potion effect of Slowness would be enough. The potion would last 10 seconds btw so the enemies will probably be able to see them use it. If there is still a problem with false reporting tell me it and I will try to think of a way to fix it. Personally, I like this idea, it would make me really happy since campers can be a real pain to deal with. Also, it wouldn't be op in op mode at all since 10 seconds isn't that long, maybe use it when your near the edge and it can save you once or twice at most, it's not that big of a problem.
you'd be surprised

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
you'd be surprised
Well in op mode this could potentially completely change the tide of the battle, true, but I still don't think it's that much of a problem. Besides if it's op they can either de-buff it or make the cost a bit higher to accommodate for that.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Oh and also another thing that goes with he 50% being different from 100%, if they have a video, they can just check it to see that slowness is actually applied to them, the slowness would really help this against false reports in my opinion.
If so, then they should have 50-75% slowness so that is visible in the video.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
If so, then they should have 50-75% slowness so that is visible in the video.
The thing is, if they are too slow, then they can't recover from the 50% knockback, because 50% or not, punch is still op. If you slow the player down too much, they don't stand a chance.
de-buff wouldn't work also this is a very unstable kit to add for the current moment
I guess so. But if they can't add it now, I don't see there a way to ever add it, cubecraft would just keep subtly updating with new kits and stuff, I don't see a major game change happening that would help add this to the actual game.

Thanks for posting your opinions on the subject.

Reactions: Injunction

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
The thing is, if they are too slow, then they can't recover from the 50% knockback, because 50% or not, punch is still op. If you slow the player down too much, they don't stand a chance.

I guess so. But if they can't add it now, I don't see there a way to ever add it, cubecraft would just keep subtly updating with new kits and stuff, I don't see a major game change happening that would help add this to the actual game.

Thanks for posting your opinions on the subject.
np

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Verbramdt wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for the follow, and happy birthday! :D
BurgerCat13 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happpy birthdayyy birb
Hqteful wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎉
Top Bottom